Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warcraft 4?

92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Anyone heard any thing about warcraft 4, I loved WC3, best RTS imo. It would be nice to see Warcraft 4 come out soon, its been like 2 or 3 years since the 3rd came out. I hope they have been developing it, or are even going to make it after WoW.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

Comments

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Youre (hopefully) goign to see starcraft 2, probably even diablo 3 (or some new franchise) before you see Warcraft 4. After all, they just finished WoW. If they are working on SC2, things I would love to see it deformable terrain, something like RedFaction did but better and on a bigger scale, better graphics than AoE3 (or at least very similar), more varied enviroments - ones that give a really great sense of scale, something like an ancient forest with massive trees that grow off the screen. Maybe A hero system similar to what WC3 but a little more subtle so they arent overpowered, and of course a huge unit cap, unlike WC3 where you have a really low unit cap.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Sarcraft was awesome, the fast building and higher unit capability made online alot more fun. I was alot better at SC then WC online because I could rush so fast. Would be nice to see a faster paced blizzard game.

• Pi--Pi-- Member Posts: 83

Starcraft is the best RTS ever. Period. There is a reason why it is the only game in which you can earn 200k$/year on the highest level. The only reason Blizzard hasn't been doing Starcraft 2 yet, is because it simply is so hard to improve the gameplay of the original. What we are hoping for is some new graphics, maybe another race, 2-3 more units for each race, some new upgrades/spells, and the battlenet functions War3 has. Hopefully Starcraft 2 will be released on the 10 year anniversary of the original(March 31. 2008) - that would make for a great occasion.

I doubt you will see a Warcraft 4, within at least the next 8 years.

-Pi

-Pi

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

Well, actually, seeing as how Blizz is STILL developing SC.Ghost I also cant see any SC2 any soon.... Seeing as how much effort Blizz has been putting in SC:Ghost (they needed to search new company, delay it a lot.....) I dont think they will easily declare it a failure (I actually dont reminbd ever reading about a blizz failure ::::08::). For the next year or so, they will try to release SC:Ghost and keep WoW on top of all MMORPGs.

Maybe in the next year, if they have already released/cancelled Sc:Ghost, they will start doing the basics for a SC2 or a D3, or a huge D3+SC2 combo(now wouldnt that be a revolution in the gaming industry?, have like 50% of the decent players playing Blizz games....).

Thats, like u say, my 2 cents.

Thx

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    I would hope for a Starcraft 2 befor a warcraft 4 maily because starcraft rocks but I do like Warcraft more. I just looked at the bottom of my Starcraft Battle Chest. COPYRIGHT 1998. O ya one more thing if blizz does make Warcraft 4 I would expect Starcraft Ghost to be first since it was already annouced yet it will be realeased next year 8/

• saitoesaitoe Member Posts: 62
    i would love to see a warcraft 4! maybe they would show illidan as an undead... that would be badass... i hated the ending of warcraft 3... cause illidan is stronger then arthis(sp?) and illidan didnt use metamorph.

me- Mom... can you get me a game?

mom- you can have this instead you dirty basterd!

*mom takes cigar and puts out the light on my forearm*
    ---------------------------------------------
    Credit card declined eh? well let me just give you one of my many YAH!!!
    *throws hand full of credit cards in waiters face*

me- Mom... can you get me a game?

mom- you can have this instead you dirty basterd!

*mom takes cigar and puts out the light on my forearm*
    ---------------------------------------------
    Credit card declined eh? well let me just give you one of my many YAH!!!
    *throws hand full of credit cards in waiters face*

• PetahpiePetahpie Member Posts: 7
    dude...if they make a warcraft 4, i will be so happy its not even funny. the warcraft games are some of the best stratagy games out there.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Blizzard did do some kind of announcemnt theres going to be a Warcraft 4

btw, EA Games also announced there will be another Command & Conquer

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Bah, don't count your luck.  So far there's the WoW Expansion which is next.  Then there's StarCraft Ghost.  Then nothing else is mentioned.  So we won't see SC:Ghost for another year, so that means *at least* 1 1/2 years until we hear about Blizzard's next game, then another 1-2 years until it's releaed on the market.

And even then... I want a new Starcraft RTS!  Warcraft has 3 games already, Starcraft has 1.  Or even Diablo 3 would kick serious @ss, more than another RTS by Blizzard!  Not Warcraft 4... we already have World of Warcraft and with the free Battlegrounds expansion it's gonna give players that Warcraft RTS gameplay except each unit is a player.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

what is battlegrounds? Havent heard of that.