Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameplay in Final Fantasy 14, play all classes?

IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/

I can't you a direct link, you have to go to the Gameplay and then The Armory.

But then you get this description where your character, Leeroy, is playing a Warrior, and then he meets some friends, and so he decided to pull out his staff and play a mage.

Does this mean you can play whatever class you like in the new FF14 all in the same character? Sounds like it.

Anyway, I like this idea.

Actually liked the whole thing until I looked at the races. I just can't play a game where Lalafell are running around. I'm not going to be one, not going to group with one, not going to be able to stomach watching them run around in the game.

Comments

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326

I almost think I agree with you. Look at those demonic little buggers, its like they're trying to devour your soul with innocent smiley faces and giggles.

• dterrydterry Member Posts: 449

You can do this in FFXI also. But in FFXI you go back to your house and change classes... maybe in FFXIV you can do it on the fly somehow?

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

I'm happy if you can change on the fly, that means it is using FF5's job system, or a similar one, which I strongly approve of.

• GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694
    Originally posted by dterry

You can do this in FFXI also. But in FFXI you go back to your house and change classes... maybe in FFXIV you can do it on the fly somehow?

You change class by changing your equipment I believe.

So for instance you equip a steel sword and plate armor, you`ll change to a tank slash warrior class.

Equip a staff and cloth armor and you`ll change to a spellcaster.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by Kaisen_Dexx

I almost think I agree with you. Look at those demonic little buggers, its like they're trying to devour your soul with innocent smiley faces and giggles.

They almost look like those little dudes from Galaxy Quest, they are all cute....and then... BLAM!

Scary stuff.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

That's a lot of wording to say:  Oh hi we're having a skill system heavily limited by gear.

Sounds pretty good.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by paulscott

That's a lot of wording to say:  Oh hi we're having a skill system heavily limited by gear.

Sounds pretty good.

I agree. It does sound pretty good, wish more games would take this approach. If I could get over the artwork I"d be excited about this one.

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by Ihmotepp
    http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/
    I can't you a direct link, you have to go to the Gameplay and then The Armory.
    But then you get this description where your character, Leeroy, is playing a Warrior, and then he meets some friends, and so he decided to pull out his staff and play a mage.
    Does this mean you can play whatever class you like in the new FF14 all in the same character? Sounds like it.
    Anyway, I like this idea.

It's not new for Square: you can do the same thing in Final Fantasy XI.

Actually liked the whole thing until I looked at the races. I just can't play a game where Lalafell are running around. I'm not going to be one, not going to group with one, not going to be able to stomach watching them run around in the game.

Than Final Fantasy XI probably isn't for you either; the Tarutaru would drive you up the wall.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Originally posted by paulscott

Sounds pretty good.

I agree. It does sound pretty good, wish more games would take this approach. If I could get over the artwork I"d be excited about this one.

I'm so glad you can't take over the artwork. SE has amazing artists and graphical engineers working for them, they even created their own graphics engine just for FFXIV. I strongly believe FFXIV will be the first innovative MMO we've seen in years, and lucky for us it will be aimed towards PVE group players.