Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UO server population

KwanjieKwanjie Member Posts: 6

Anyone know which server houses the most amounts of players? my old character is on Napa.... I wanna restart UO... I wanna play in the most populated shard... THANKS!

is there a thing on UO.com from EA that tells server population at certain times?

Comments

• zerox168zerox168 Member Posts: 88

Yes alantic server

• Dregard44Dregard44 Member Posts: 103
    Well, sadly, they delete any character that isnt used for 3 months on an unsubscribed account. so, no going back to napa :)

A Legend was Born

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

As far as I know they never deleted characters, but then it is EAs business to inform people not mine.

• PreyfarPreyfar Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Dregard44
    Well, sadly, they delete any character that isnt used for 3 months on an unsubscribed account. so, no going back to napa :)

While I haven't played UO in about two years, UO/EA never deleted characters from unsubscribed accounts. I logged into accounts years old when I was a six year vet, and everything was there. Intact. Just fine. While I was a Counselor on the EU shard, I never heard of anything even remotely like that, either.

The only MMO I know for sure that deletes characters three months after cancellation is Final Fantasy XI.

UO never had a habit of obliterating accounts.

• klimenklimen Member Posts: 7
    any1 still play in UO  ???
  • GeoffbGeoffb Member Posts: 7

I think that the major servers are still:

Great lakes
    Napa Valley
    Baja
    maybe Pacific but its lost alot of people...

and i quit about 2-3 months ago... so thsi might be unaccurate

• FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130

gone over 2 years without playing and reactivated my account and had all my chars across all the different servers I played on. Things might be different now, but i doubt it.

Like said above, FFXI definitly enforces that policy and is the only game that I have had my characters removed on from not playing.... but they had a special a few months back and I got my characters restored for $1 each.... but got sick of the game again a month later heh. Obviously my characters weren't deleted since they could restore them for that special offer.... they just wanted more money from us. (FFXI forces you to buy the game again if you want to play after getting chars deleted... Sqaresoft is lame)

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer
  • Nazgul11Nazgul11 Member Posts: 56
    Atlantic

• PsyXPsyX Member Posts: 220

Nope.....

The last unactive account wipe was in 98.. and one for banned accounts around pub16

• KapazoKapazo Member UncommonPosts: 107
    They deleted my character that I had  from 1999  in 2005. Last time I unsubscribed  my account was in the beginning of 2005.
  • RheanonRheanon Member UncommonPosts: 130

I returned last September after a very long absence and all my characters were still there.  The server that seems to be the most full whenever I log in is Atlantic.  Another nice feature they have is that you can transfer characters from one shard to another now.  I moved mine to Legends for several reasons.  Its sort of middle of the road population-wise, meaning plenty of resources and some decent size housing spots available while still enough people to group with and sell to:)  I'm happy with Legends.  I did do a tour of Atlantic and the more "full" servers before deciding which server to move to and yes, there's wall to wall housing everywhere.  With the new architectural player designed houses you find absolutely gorgeous homes to die for and very very poorly designed houses that kind of ruin the neighborhood.  Of course you may be able to squeeze in a 7 x 7 somewhere but expect to spend millions for any middle of the road sized house in the Trinsic swamp.

On the other hand, in spite of the dated graphics, there have been a lot of changes in the past few years making crafting fun.  If you have a GM Smith or Tailor, you have 20 points to go to become a now "Legendary" Smith or Tailor.  Gone are the days of the Smith working at the Britain forge meeting people and making repairs.  However, impersonal smith made repair deeds are available on some player vendors.  Money seems to be made on selling raw materials now and everyone has a smith/miner.  However, although I semi-retired my GM Smith, my GM Carpenter has loads of new recipes for furniture that sell very well especially in new colored woods that are hard to find but findeable in Legends:)  Smiths have many new recipes too but  drops and arties seem to be hard competition.  Basically all crafts have new recipes now and my perception is that the Carpenters and Alchemists seem to be doing very well.  Also Gardeners.  Plants are in high demand at Legends.

All in all UO is still fun to play.  There are lots of new things to do and STILL has the best crafting online.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Ya i have 3 accounts (1 banned) however the other 2 i made in 97 and they still have the charactes on them ( it was active from 97-03 then on and off since then ) however ive lost 1-Stone Keep / 1-Lrg Tower / 1-2 Story / 1-Villa / 1-Log Cabin (notice how they kept getting smaller ::::02::

Always lost my houses but my chars and banks are fine.

Last time i quit i dropped my Villa and 2 Story went to town and opend up gates and watched the fury as everyone was killing eachother to get my stuff, gave away my ethys arties regs money a few pieces of phoenix... everything. because i knew i would never want to play on EA servers for the rest of my life and that helped to assure that i would never attempt to go back

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Not true.  They have *never* deleted characters.  They did purge banned accounts at one point though.   I do vaguely recall that sometime in 2005 they had a database crash and some accounts got nuked by accident because of it but they restore those on request.  Might be remembering a different game though.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

Not true. Do not speak out of your ass.