Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands pre-release reviews

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Check your local game stores for the midnight console release for Borderlands tonight. Getting my copy tonight and enjoy the reviews!

G4 Review - g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/47776/borderlands/review/  4/5

Destructoid review - www.destructoid.com/review-borderlands-152286.phtml   8.5 Great

IGN video review - xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/957206/borderlands/videos/borderlands_vdr_101909.html  8.8 Great

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

After watching some interviews regarding the coop mode, i was quite excited. Now that i've checked some more gameplay trailers, the game seems to be more of a maniac shooting-feast in which you

1.do nothing else but constantly fire like a madman at everything

2. collect gigatons of stuff

I wish the rpg-element would be a bit stronger, as it is still a bit too much of a "shooter with gimmicks" for my taste.

• haelikothhaelikoth Member Posts: 116

that doesnt sound so bad. most FPS games as of late have too many gimmicks and focus a lot on realism. i like the sound of mindless shooting of hordes of enemies, like the old Doom games, or Painkiller. of course thats just me ehehe.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Sounds basically like a diablo style fps

Could be fun, i'll probably end up giving it a try since it supports coop play.

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

Originally posted by VoIgore
    After watching some interviews regarding the coop mode, i was quite excited. Now that i've checked some more gameplay trailers, the game seems to be more of a maniac shooting-feast in which you
    I wish the rpg-element would be a bit stronger, as it is still a bit too much of a "shooter with gimmicks" for my taste.

I guess the game is more suited for the Diablo 2 and Hellgate (lol) crowd. A deep RPG game comes out on the 3rd November (woho).

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by -aLpHa-

Originally posted by VoIgore

I guess the game is more suited for the Diablo 2 and Hellgate (lol) crowd. A deep RPG game comes out on the 3rd November (woho).

I enjoyed Hellgate... but when they did that whole P2P fiasco I think it just really fell on its face. I hope some day it gets revitalized because it was never a bad game and I think there's still a lot of untapped potential there.

I'm totally not interested in Dragon Age: Origins, and Borderlands looks like it's going to be an entertaining romp filled with laughter, loots, and destruction! A game right after my very own heart.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Picked up my copy monday night and it is tons of fun. So many mobs to kill so much loot(grenade mods, class mods and artifacts) and the 4 player co-op is great. It is almost exactly like Diablo 2 and Hellgate but with guns. You will finish the first playthru around level 30-31 and the next playthru is harder with better loot and more badass mobs to kill. It is very addicting. :)

• haelikothhaelikoth Member Posts: 116

found sound specs online and my pc can run it o/ though prolly not on highest settings, but still :)

now to wait for end of the month for my pay so i can buy this ehehe

• blooblobblooblob Member Posts: 134

Bought it. Played it. My favorite xbox game right now!