Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More to the game

cobraone93cobraone93 Member Posts: 13

Ok, to the veterins of this game.

I have been playing the game for a little over a month. It seems like all I do is MINE, MINE, MINE. Is there more to the game. I know there is PvP if you can find someone around your skill level who wants to fight! There are also the NPC pirates but so far they all look alike. Just stronger or weaker. Someone please suggest something more to do. I know there is something kepeing the long terms interest. I just have to find out what.

Thanks.

Comments

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

join a corporation .. they are usualy busy doing loads of things --mining is always more fun in groups - to say nothing of more effecient.  NPC rats come in all diff shapes and sizes .. different factions drop different loot and the harfer they are the better potential for loot drops.  corp mates of mine killed a 9m bounty one yesterday and sold 1 peice of loot for 200m isk.  now i know that after 1 month yo u cant do that (i cant either and i been playing since release) but there are always npc that are really hard for your level.. and hard = fun.  agent missions are what some people do 100% of their time.. rewards such as blue prints + isk + special thingamajigs keep them comming back for more.  the more you do tge better your ratings with the corporation your working for which can positively effect future interactions with the corp in question.  pvp is not dueling .. although you can do this i guess.  pvp is mostly alliance v. alliance.  to get in an alliance u need to be in a corp.  pvp this way is alot of fun and rewarding.  trading/manufacturing/commerce/research  are other options.  they are complex .. and i dont have time to get into it now - being that im at work. 

• cobraone93cobraone93 Member Posts: 13
    I'll give all those suggestions a try and thanks.  I tried being a corporation once but they were always at war. Kind of makes it hard to even mine. Maybe the next corp will be different. I was looking through the ships tonight and decided to get a battle cruiser instead of keep waiting for the battle ship. Maybe that'll make things more interesting. image

• CatastrofikCatastrofik Member Posts: 43

Don't feel bad if you hop corps a bit. As a matter of fact, if you don't like the corp you are in, I suggest leaving it. Why pay to play a game and not enjoy yourself because of the people in your own corp. There are tons of corps at every extreme and most people do bounce through a few before they find one they call "home".

As for the Battle Cruiser, they are nice. Less than half the price of the cheaper BS and they give you a good feel of what it's like to pilot a BS. The only problem I have with them at he moment is that there is no 50MW Afterburner or MWD, so you have to underpower with a 10MN or oversize at 100MN, either way, it takes forever to get up to speed. Hopefully that will be addressed soon. ::::01::

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

It can seem a little like "i gotta make some money, mining is easy so i will mine, spend the money and mine some more," but there is loads to do out there.

- Missions are a great way to build experience and help you explore a little. You start out with a fairly low agent and build on mission difficulty and complexity as you go, these are even better now with the introdusction of the 'complexes' and 'deadspace' locations.

- Investigate some of the ship logs that drop from the rats you kill in asteroid belts, they can take you to some interesting (or just plain dangerous) locations and you will start to see the variety of rats around.

- Investigate a 'Drone Infestation' if there is one in a nearby system (ask around, someone will know), these are a good introduction to larger deadspace missions and will introduce you to the 'drones.' Even experienced players have lost ships in these places (i know all too well) but always remember that they will not pod you so it is an ideal introduction to combat tactics (just remember that you cannot use MWD's in deadspace and complexes so only fit an AB if you need one). Also the alloys that drop from drones can break down into some valuable minerals (zydrine & Megacyte in some cases) so it can be quite rewarding as well.

- Joining a corp is a must, even is it is just a loose collection of guys with the same interests (like mine). Some corps are very active in PvP or mining activities and even all out wars, where as others are just a bunch of layed back guys (and gals) that like to chat while they play. You just need to find your niche.

I would suggest the first as a good way to get into things, if you can find a 'command' agent you should get a mix of combat and delivery missions. Just remember the higher the level and/or quality of the agent the better the rewards, but also the more challenging the missions.

All the best in game.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

For missions I found this info on official forums on the different types of agents.(Lost the posters name when I stored it to my .txt-file)

*SNIP*Remember these percentages are averages...your mileage may vary.

Administration: 50% Kill, 50% Courier
    Advisory: 34% Kill, 66% Courier
    Archives: 5% Kill, 90% Courier, 5% Trade
    Astrosurveying: 40% Kill, 30% Courier, 25% Mining, 5% Trade
    Command: 97% Kill, 3% Courier
    Distribution: 5% Kill, 95% Courier
    Intelligence: 85% Kill, 15% Courier
    Internal Security: 95% Kill, 5% Courier
    Legal: 50% Kill, 50% Courier
    Manufacturing: 5% Kill, 95% Courier
    Marketing: 5% Kill, 95% Courier
    Mining: 5% Kill, 85% Courier, 10% Mining (II)
    Production: 5% Kill, 95% Courier
    Public Relations: 34% Kill, 66% Courier
    R&D *: 0% Kill, 50% Courier(S), 50% Trade
    Security: 90% Kill, 5% Courier, 5% Trade
    Storage: 5% Kill, 95% Courier(L)
    Surveillance: 95% Kill, 5% Courier
    ------------------------------------------------
    Kill: Kill one or more NPCs
    Courier: Move or Deliver cargo (usually less than 2k m3)
    Courier(L): Move or Deliver large cargo (upto 20k m3)
    Courier(S): Move or Deliver cargo (requires specialized science skills)
    Trade: Purchace items on the market and then deliver
    Mining: Retrieve ore/minerals
    (II): Got information from a Level II agent*SNIP*

*Sig virus help me spread*