Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people think the game is single player oriented?

1235»

Comments

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by realdeal

Originally posted by greed0104

Originally posted by billynomates

snip

Again,all i can go with is what the dev actually said,which is "the entire game can be soloed". One thing i will agree with you though, no one will really know we are in the game or the usual beta leaks get leaked.

Time will tell i guess.

The dev also said right under that there are group quests that you can do with your friends, not to mention that raids have been confirmed. Maybe you can solo your way up to level cap, but they are not going to let you solo raids.

• billynomatesbillynomates Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by mrroboto40

snip

Again,all i can go with is what the dev actually said,which is "the entire game can be soloed". One thing i will agree with you though, no one will really know we are in the game or the usual beta leaks get leaked.

Time will tell i guess.

The dev also said right under that there are group quests that you can do with your friends, not to mention that raids have been confirmed. Maybe you can solo your way up to level cap, but they are not going to let you solo raids.

Really! can you link the info about raids,plus they did not mention anything about level cap,you are just assuming without actual proof.

Again all i can go on is what the dev actually said.Yes she mentioned groups but she did not say that group content will be any harder than solo content,did she?

Tell you what,ill draw a line in the sand until we really know more about this game,then we can come back here and do the "i told you so bit"

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Really! can you link the info about raids,plus they did not mention anything about level cap,you are just assuming without actual proof.
    Again all i can go on is what the dev actually said.Yes she mentioned groups but she did not say that group content will be any harder than solo content,did she?
    Tell you what,ill draw a line in the sand until we really know more about this game,then we can come back here and do the "i told you so bit"

So you're saying one dev acknowledged "group" quests but didn't specify if they was soloable, on the other hand the other Dev also acknowledged "group" quests and did say they was for "groups". I don't know how much emphasis I can put on "group". Before they announced the project (SWTOR) they did say end game would be huge.

Here is a dev on the SWTOR forums talking about endgame, socializing about what WE want, and OUR thoughts.

"In terms of end-game encounters which people come back to more than once.. Do you guys feel random elements in PvE are more of a hindrance or something to spice up an encoutner?

Granted, getting randomly one-shotted in the face without warning may not be so much fun. But would something like a ship coming in to carpet bomb from unpredictable angles (making players scatter to different safety areas) get more or less exciting?

More than just memorizing which buttons to push in the correct order.. Can y'all name some examples where you really got excitement from an end-game encounter?"

Getting one shotted, getting carpet bombed and using the word players, sounds like group content/raiding to me.  Here, read the thread till your hearts desire.

swtor.com/community/showthread.php

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

Originally posted by mrroboto40

snip

Time will tell i guess.

Sure actually.

Look through this post.

Read every single interview, and you will find it mentioned multiple times. And you may even learn other things!

Fuck that line in the sand.