Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have come back from the dead just to say. . .

GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566

I told ya so !!!!!

WAHAHAAAAHAhaahhaaaa  heheheh  heheh  heh.

This game blew, the graphics blew, the devs were arrogant arseholes, and sticking to PnC was the single worst decision any developer has ever made in any game ever. I called this like 6 months ago, maybe a year i can't remember.

<ambles back to EQ2, a real mmorpg>

EQII
Requiiem, Coercer
Nektulos

EQII
Requiiem, Templar
Neriak

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

EQ2 the real mmoRPG....LOL!!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHUHUHHUHUHUHIHIHIHIHOHOHOHO....

THANKS!

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

KEWL! YOU MUST B SYCIK OR SUMTHING! KAN U TEECH ME YUR SECRIT? KTHXBI

• WotannWotann Member Posts: 294

I swore never to play a MMORPG without pvp in it after first trying out Shadowbane. - We had massive fun the year we were in beta. Never had that much fun in EQ even though I played that for a far longer time than SB.

EQ2 has no pvp, a game I would never play. I leave that to players afraid of a real challenge. Imo, a real MMORPG has good pvp.

Nemo sine vitio est

Nemo sine vitio est

• nephillimnephillim Member Posts: 291

i'd rather play Typing of the Dead than EQ

-it's just a dream-

[we need a worldwide genocide/ a planetary suicide/ and when the whole damned world is dead/ there''s your f***ing peace]

• All level grind systems suck, there are so few good MMO's out there. Wish was one of them, but everyone else seems to want the same boring design. image

• AngryHippieAngryHippie Member Posts: 214
    The game was interesting... but I like WASD, and almost everybody are uh... not positive about PnC. I wonder why the devs went with PnC? Seems so weird...

---------------------------
    "Maybe your ram is bad."

• I liked the PnC, just click on the horizon and hit auto run and relax. It was nice.image

• AngryHippieAngryHippie Member Posts: 214

Ah, free like the wind. image

But did it work well in small rooms with many obsticles around you?

---------------------------
    "Maybe your ram is bad."

• Pi--Pi-- Member Posts: 83

Gnarled, I would have found your post both respectable and meaningful, if only you had left this out:

"EQ2, a real mmorpg"

-Pi

-Pi

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by Gnarled
    I told ya so !!!!!
    WAHAHAAAAHAhaahhaaaa heheheh heheh heh.
    This game blew, the graphics blew, the devs were arrogant arseholes, and sticking to PnC was the single worst decision any developer has ever made in any game ever. I called this like 6 months ago, maybe a year i can't remember.

You annoys, me.....it was a beta the Devs where working there ass off tgo improved the game and the grapic and they still had 6 month to do sd. And the mater of fact i like the PnC system and so did they so shut up, flaming the PnC.......becouse you did not like it, does not mean the rest did not eather. I think they did not really where low on players but having a server was to expancive, i would not looked suprised if Wish will be back after a year, or a game like that by the same (or alsmost the same) dev team

• PnC was great even in the small rooms. Click to where you want to go and it walks around the obstacles. I will agree, EQ sucks. Why does everyone drool over these cookie cutter level tread mills?image

• GilGadalGilGadal Member Posts: 29

How many times was it needed to be said!! PnC was there to minimse the lag...

If gamers werent so arogant they might of enjoyed this game.

Yes there were people that generally didn't like it...most of those people say the game was not for them but it did have a good idea and it is a shame.

Then there are the arogant gamers that can't get out and try something different.  Piss off PnC that sucks the game suck the graphic sucks...

This game had it all and if it wasn't up your alley fine be me.  But weather it was or wasn't your game.  It did have an idea that was different...something new and fresh.  I believe if this game were to go on hold for around 6 months to a year then we would have seen something different...once the WoW and EQ2 hype died down.

ChK ';..;' Gil ';..;' ChK
    Leader of the Crimson Hell Knights
    www.crimsonhellknights.tk

ChK ';..;' Gil ';..;' ChK
    Leader of the Crimson Hell Knights
    www.crimsonhellknights.tk

Ok... if PnC was there to minimize lag, then why is DnL using WASD, arrow keys, and PnC? And its all on one server too.

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

from the DnL knowledge base:
    "The server farm is based in Paris. They have something like 150 machines right now, and can add many more. Thanks to MicroForte’s technology they can easily move and add people into the game onto different servers. The more people they have, the more machines they need to plug in"

DnL isnt using a single server like wish was planning to. cutting down bandwidth and lag is a major issue when you are striving for a single server. i honestly don't see why they just leave it on one world and use as many servers as needed like DnL, the single server doesnt make the game any better.

Make of it what you will.

• SaranumSaranum Member UncommonPosts: 95

Originally posted by stone-seraph
    from the DnL knowledge base:
    "The server farm is based in Paris. They have something like 150 machines right now, and can add many more. Thanks to MicroForte’s technology they can easily move and add people into the game onto different servers. The more people they have, the more machines they need to plug in"
    DnL isnt using a single server like wish was planning to. cutting down bandwidth and lag is a major issue when you are striving for a single server. i honestly don't see why they just leave it on one world and use as many servers as needed like DnL, the single server doesnt make the game any better.image

Wish used a server cluster too.... it wasn't just one machine ::::31:: its the same principle CCP uses with their EvE and now DnL

----------------------------------------
    Evil UO has doomed my poor soul, and now I'm wandering restlessly through all MMORPG's desperately searching for a place to rest in peace.....

----------------------------------------
    Evil UO has doomed my poor soul and now I'm wandering restlessly through all MMORPG's, desperately searching for a place to rest in peace.....

• NighthawkULNighthawkUL Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by hardjaw
    All level grind systems suck, there are so few good MMO's out there. Wish was one of them, but everyone else seems to want the same boring design. image

I think wish was pretty damn boring especially with point and click. Someone needs to make an MMORPG with real time combat. I know it'd probably be harsh on bandwidth but if you could pull it off well it would be fecking sweet!

-nighthawk

www.Underlight.com - oldskool sweetness

Originally posted by NighthawkUL
    Originally posted by hardjaw
    All level grind systems suck, there are so few good MMO's out there. Wish was one of them, but everyone else seems to want the same boring design. image

I think wish was pretty damn boring especially with point and click. Someone needs to make an MMORPG with real time combat. I know it'd probably be harsh on bandwidth but if you could pull it off well it would be fecking sweet!

-nighthawk

www.Underlight.com - oldskool sweetness

There are people making MMOGs with realtime combat. Face of Mankind, Dark and Light and DnD Online all have realtime combat. Planetside does too but I dont like it.