Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this game for real

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

men when i saw first preview i didnt listen to the end of the video

i just did 

100k player /server 

100 player pvp style (a la gta)

men EA might be on to something here 

i love the music, i love the style of the game 

but 2010 men they should delay it by a year i will play wow cataclysm in a year or gw2 cant play them all gees 

Comments

• ShanesanShanesan Member Posts: 14

This game may be too hardcore for WoW fans.

BUT the good news is that beta started today.

• ChaswickChaswick Member UncommonPosts: 60

Yes it is 100% real. The numbers aren't what you think they mean though. It's up to 100k players per server and those are broken down into 100 player instances to spread out the load. You can pass back and forth from instance to instance to meet up with guildies and friends though.

EA is just the publisher for this. Thank god they didn't influence making it.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Chaswick

Yes it is 100% real. The numbers aren't what you think they mean though. It's up to 100k players per server and those are broken down into 100 player instances to spread out the load. You can pass back and forth from instance to instance to meet up with guildies and friends though.

it is very awsome men ,100k / server means the = of 12 server on 1 server 

so a lot less rerolling to go to another server because your on the wrong server

men that is so cool ty for info

• DeadvoltDeadvolt Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

Originally posted by Chaswick

it is very awsome men ,100k / server means the = of 12 server on 1 server 

so a lot less rerolling to go to another server because your on the wrong server

men that is so cool ty for info

As it has been said already, you can go between "cities" to find another 100 players, which is pretty cool in my opinion. GTA 4 MMO, as it's being called commonly.

Best part is, beta started today apparently. I'm hoping the initial reviews are good, this game needs more support for what it's offering!

Ganking? Me!? That's absurd!! I leave THAT to the lawyers!

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Shanesan

lol, hardcore how?  If anything, I think it's going to be exceptionally casual for an MMO.  No level-grinding or anything, just jump in and play..

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• benmou13benmou13 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by Vhaln

lol, hardcore how?  If anything, I think it's going to be exceptionally casual for an MMO.  No level-grinding or anything, just jump in and play..

you have to aim to kill some1 there isnt an hotkey to instant kill someone so that rules out 99% of the wow population who want an easy win plus you dont have levels because levels should give player skill the player should and noteiety is used for pvp ranking system im pretty sure which is the only level system in the game.

• HellPupHellPup Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by benmou13

you have to aim to kill some1 there isnt an hotkey to instant kill someone so that rules out 99% of the wow population who want an easy win plus you dont have levels because levels should give player skill the player should and noteiety is used for pvp ranking system im pretty sure which is the only level system in the game.

Try that again, only in English this time. Punctuation is your friend as well.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by HellPup

he said that you play it like a shooter.

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

Yeah this game is hardcore because you have to aim!!!!!!!!

Get with the program guys

Rift

• MifioMifio Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by ncryan10

The reason I think everyone is saying its a hardcore game is more along the lines of its skill based, and not level based. I feel its more a casual game. Someone mentioned earlier you can jump in and play, thats completely true. No grinding needed. You can hop into the game as a complete noob with a pistol, and take out the toughest player in the game if you are better then he is.

Now, its very unlikely that that will happen, but the point is. It can happen, and guess what. It WILL happen.

Thats the reason I'm so hyped for this game, rather then a level based system, its skill based. Meaning EVERYONE. Including the noobs, can play the game for 30 minutes to an hour, and feel like they kicked some ass.

Also, car, clothing, and tattoo customization? Sounds epic.

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

Originally posted by Mifio
    Originally posted by ncryan10 Yeah this game is hardcore because you have to aim!!!!!!!!

The reason I think everyone is saying its a hardcore game is more along the lines of its skill based, and not level based. I feel its more a casual game. Someone mentioned earlier you can jump in and play, thats completely true. No grinding needed. You can hop into the game as a complete noob with a pistol, and take out the toughest player in the game if you are better then he is.
    Now, its very unlikely that that will happen, but the point is. It can happen, and guess what. It WILL happen.
    Thats the reason I'm so hyped for this game, rather then a level based system, its skill based. Meaning EVERYONE. Including the noobs, can play the game for 30 minutes to an hour, and feel like they kicked some ass.

Calling it hardcore because you need to aim, is, how should i say it political correct, stupid. You can differentiate FPS by high skill entry (like ARMA/AA) where real life influences play in, like breathing, bullet trajectory, wind etc. You could call those "hardcore" or maybe "difficult". APB looks more like CS/MW/generic shooter xy where they only downside is recoil. We all know how many player play those, nothing hardcore there.

Originally posted by -aLpHa-

Calling it hardcore because you need to aim, is, how should i say it political correct, stupid. You can differentiate FPS by high skill entry (like ARMA/AA) where real life influences play in, like breathing, bullet trajectory, wind etc. You could call those "hardcore" or maybe "difficult". APB looks more like CS/MW/generic shooter xy where they only downside is recoil. We all know how many player play those, nothing hardcore there.

Don't pick up sarcasm well do you?

Rift

• lexillexil Member UncommonPosts: 34

No really.. if WoW players are going to play this, I quit...

This game looks so damn good, Im sure gonne play it <3

but WoW players are always so serious.. they don't enjoy playing, they life playing.. making stupid excuses because they die and all...

OT: I'm so gonne make a gang, rule the city and have fun ^^ driving around in pimped cars,

EA and Realtime Worlds FTW~~!

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

What! No elves, dwarves, and othere fantsay creatures! How refreshing! The game definately has my interest!

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by Beanpuie

But if I wanted to play a shooter I would just load up UT

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452
    Originally posted by Nightbringe1

Originally posted by Beanpuie

But if I wanted to play a shooter I would just load up UT

Or, you can load up APB instead. Crazy, right?

You can play more than one game of the same genre, guy. For that matter, UT is nothing like APB so...I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

• jhazardjhazard Member Posts: 18

My fear for APB is that the gameplay will be destroyed when it inevitably gets hacked.  It's beyond any doubt that within a couple weeks of the release of the beta client, plenty of hacks will have been coded.  By the time the game is actually released, these will have been compiled into a nice bundle with a GUI added for extra convenience.

• lexillexil Member UncommonPosts: 34

I am pretty sure that EA and RTW will take action against hackers and make sure that we can play without hackers..

Hacks won't be around if they don't go to F2P and creating an account is free.

Rift

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

100 people ain't an MMO.

GTA SA MP has 500 people per server and it's one single world with no load times unlike APB.

• DeadvoltDeadvolt Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Varny

100 people ain't an MMO.

GTA SA MP has 500 people per server and it's one single world with no load times unlike APB.

Well technically, this isn't supposed to be a "MMO" so to say, they're aiming for something along the lines of a Call of Duty online experience. The game smiles upon the player's skills (RL skills) as opposed to levels and the other cookie cutter routines.

Besides, it's 100 per CITY, you can travel from city to city, similar to EVE's jumpgates. There are many unknowns right now about the game, so don't go bashing it just yet.

Ganking? Me!? That's absurd!! I leave THAT to the lawyers!

• LIthosLIthos Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by -aLpHa-

Don't pick up sarcasm well do you?

Nope I don't think he does....

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

man judging by this thread, sounds like this game is going to be infested with like 16 year olds... 

why does anyone care if WoW players play this game? like none of you ever played WoW...

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

At last, something to replace planetside as a fps shooter online. looks like a seriously good game too. can't wait till march

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

Cuz, you know, only CERTAIN people can figure out how to aim... I mean, it takes a genious!

Duh, guys... you had to learn from the start how to aim too... what makes you think WoW players can't do the same?