Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I getting too old for games? *__*

2»

Comments

• uttausuttaus Member Posts: 120

I'm 38 and have been playing games since the first Atari console and Commador 64  home computer.

I have enjoyed the steady improvements of games over the years I don't think I am or will be, to old for games and gaming.

I have become much more picky about games. MMO's have to have good  and large background worlds, RPGs have to have excellent stories, FPSs also have to have good stories and all games have to have above average game play for me to give it my time.

In my youth I was much less dicerning and would play anything unless it was complete garbage.  Tastes change over time.

Asheron's Call, Champions Online, Dark Age of Camelot, EVE Online, EverQuest, Lineage 2, Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft.Waiting for SWTOR

• pdk25pdk25 Member Posts: 115

I`m 44 yrs old now and I still love gameing. It`s a great hobby.

My playing styles have changed as I got older also. I didn`t start playing on a PC however. I guess I have owned almost every console that has been sold on American shores. I currently own a PS3 and it`s a great system, but I started playing the PC in 2001. It was Everquest and Counterstrike that turned me into a PC gamer. I guess the PS3 has pulled me back into console gameing a bit though. I have noticed that I don`t play the console games as well as I use to. It also seems like my attention span just isn`t there for the console like it use to be. Call of Duty (Modern Warfare) holds my attention pretty good but I can still put it down easily. The game that I spend a lot of time on recently is Vanguard for my PC. It`s standard MMO gameplay but I have fun with the game, and fun is what really matters.

Nahhhh, you`re not getting to old for games.

• Pcgamer81Pcgamer81 Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by pdk25

I`m 44 yrs old now and I still love gameing. It`s a great hobby.
    My playing styles have changed as I got older also. I didn`t start playing on a PC however. I guess I have owned almost every console that has been sold on American shores. I currently own a PS3 and it`s a great system, but I started playing the PC in 2001. It was Everquest and Counterstrike that turned me into a PC gamer. I guess the PS3 has pulled me back into console gameing a bit though. I have noticed that I don`t play the console games as well as I use to. It also seems like my attention span just isn`t there for the console like it use to be. Call of Duty (Modern Warfare) holds my attention pretty good but I can still put it down easily. The game that I spend a lot of time on recently is Vanguard for my PC. It`s standard MMO gameplay but I have fun with the game, and fun is what really matters.
    Nahhhh, you`re not getting to old for games.

same thing is happening to me played console games since 1987 and got first pc in 1997 over last 12 years i have played console less and less and have become pc game lover. i'm lucky if i put 30 minutes month in consoles i have these days. got to the point i just sold all but my atari 2600 because they gathered dust.

• mmomonstermmomonster Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Omega3

One thing that i really hated in a game i loved was the push-buttons sequence at the end of god of war 2: it took me 2 hours to do it... tell me about wasting an otherwise awesome game.

Yeah, it brings back the memories. But I really like God of  War 2. So much action too bad they haven't released a new sequel to it.

I also do experience what you are going through. I played a lot games this past few years and today I felt that I would like to devote 80% of my attention to other things and 20% when playing games.

Maybe that's just how life works. When you already satisfy yourself in one thing. You really have to let go and discover new ones.