Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To those playing now and enjoying it..BH question

what's BH like now?  I loved being able to hunt down Jedi..not because I hated Jedi, I just thought it was a cool concept to draw someone up at the box and start hunting..finding the mark..following them around while not trying to be noticed.  Very cool.

So what is that class like now?  I heard it was all npc marks.  Is that fun?  Do people still play BH like they did back in the day?

Thanks.

Comments

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

I miss my BH/Pistoleer =(.... Thank you for bringin back those memories... $3000 to the shrink down the drain...

• Originally posted by Zarynterk

I miss my BH/Pistoleer =(.... Thank you for bringin back those memories... $3000 to the shrink down the drain...

lol..my bad bro..I miss it too.  I just wished they'd make a game based on bounty hunters!  other classes too obviously, because you need someone to hunt...or heck..hunt each other...secretly!  They totally dropped the ball..that concept is a gold mine.

• EyeSpEyeEyeSpEye Member Posts: 66

Granted I haven't played in a few months, but from last I saw BHs were still decent. They weren't as godly as they were a few years back, but still are good at one-on-one fights.

They changed the system so that now when someone kills you in PVP, you may place a bounty on them. The BH can then pick you up on the terminal and come claim their prize. Kind of like the Jedi hunting system, but now it's everyone.

• oh so you CAN hunt down actual players...heard it was just npc's camped out in bumfuqegypt.  I may have to try it out again.

Yeah but don't plan on just hopping back into the game after an X time hiatus and expect to take anyone down...Most of the time these people you hunt will be ready, geared, buffed, and waiting for you. Especially if you are tracking them at a place called Restuss on Rori.

My advice to you is either learn what you need to and get geared up before going after the hard targets, or stalk your prey and wait to catch them off guard. (I.E. hanging out in a cantina or something getting a buff heheh)

Oh and it doesn't hurt to bring a friend or two also :) Happy hunting

• SWGmodAlphaSWGmodAlpha Member Posts: 126

I am an active BH in SWG and I can tell u it is one of the profs that requires more than rolling your head on the keyboard.

For example LSJ are basically designed by their profession to pwn u.

DSJ are easier to deal with and the good ones are a handfull.

The profession is a High DPS, for short period of time with Def. to match.  IE, defense is failry weak and is only significant for a short period of time.  IE, if u don't land the right debuffs and attacks during the time in which your best defs last, gotta get out and rest to try again.  Reset = lose TEF.

Also, you can expect to be hated if you have any measure of success at hunting peeps.  Many get off on having a big bounty and get uber PO'd when u take it.  Especially if they are AFK or loading and u happen to be there to pwn them.

Also, hunting is like being Babe Ruth.  When you win your the home run king and when you lose your the strike out king.  People always remember Babe for being a home run king and statistically he was also the strike out king.

Also very few peeps are really good at BH with out being totally geared up for it.  So do not expect to just start BH'ing successfully with out repaying your dues.

So if you don't have tough skin BH'ing might not be for you.