Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm Excited about TOR, but worried about Space Content...

First off,  I'm curious has it been 100% confirmed or not if space will be in the game at launch?  I have heard that it isn't.  And if that's the case, that's pretty lame.  While I don't think they should RUSH it by any means, and I wouldn't mind it being added in an expansion... I think that the game should probably include space at launch.  I feel like space should be a lot more integrated with the ground game and storyline.  Something that doesn't feel like it's another game entirely, which is what JTLS made me feel like someitmes.

I'm worried since they've really not talked about it at all that it might not be very good and/or that they haven't even started work on it and it won't be out for years.  I'm hoping for there to be lots of content in spaec as well, another thing JTLS seems to lack IMO.  That being said, I understand it wouldn't be that big of a deal if it wasn't available at launch but come on, it's STAR wars.  Smuggling profession should definitely be heavily revolving around space travel and owning/modifying your own ships.  Speaking of which, has there been anything said on what owning your own ships would be like in TOR?  How customizeable they might be?

Comments

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

There was a "leak" suggesting possible space content at launch, or in an expansion. However, it was no more than an under-construction section of the website entitled "Space Combat"  or something similar. They haven't confirmed or denied the presence of space combat at launch. In fact, information comes out in chunks. When Bioware presents, they want it to be something worthwhile, so you'll only see major things being revealed. I'm sure they'll get to space combat after they go into greater detail about raiding, "end-game", PvP, etc.

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

In a video interview with a Lucas Arts executive I believe it was mentioned that there is space content, although it was not elaborated upon any further, nor up to this point. However, as previously mentioned in the post above, there was a tab discovered on the main page.

I believe that BioWare sticks to the mantra that they do not announce features before they are 100% in-game, so they don't make an arse out of themselves, and can completely skip the whole AoC release mess.

I am almost 100% sure that they will have starfighter battles and other features available in terms of space combat.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I honestly do not care whether they have space content or not so long as it is NOT mandatory.

• DaringDaring Member UncommonPosts: 138

It's BioWare, nuf' said!

• RendRegenRendRegen Member Posts: 158

I really liked the Jedi Knight games, the KotoR games and Mass Effect, even though they didn't have any space combat. I hope they do the same with SWTOR.