Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMFG! Fired for being to fat?! LMAO!

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

OK, when is the fashion industry going to join the real world?  I am so sick of looking at magazines with models that are not your average female!  It was recently brought to the attention of news outlets that one of the most beautiful models to grace the pages of some of most widely read magazines for women and catwalks around the world has been fired for being, get this, to fat!

She is Countess Filippa Hamilton, 5'10'(177.8cm) and weighs 120lbs(54.54kg) a size 4 mind you.  She has been with Ralph Lauren for 8 years and she is fired because he says she can no longer fulfill her obligations because she cannot wear clothes samples that he wishes her to wear.   OMFG!   What is it with these people that think the average female is a size 0-2!  Why don't they join the real world.   Your average female is size 12-14!  Yeah that is right...12-14, not 0-2~!   BTW I am the same height as Filippa and I cannot see me ever getting down to a size 4 - let alone a size 0~!  I'd be as thin as a rail.   I can comfortably fit into size 6 though and I'll never starve myself - I enjoy eating to much.   LOL!

Anyway...here is the news story if any of you are interested.

Fired For Being To Fat  <<<  clicky

Comments

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Well, that's their job: They're not supposed to use their minds, or develop any real skill beyond fitting in dresses. Models are just flesh mannequins and that flesh mannequin just defeated it's own purpose. 

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

After reading the full article, it's pretty obvious that the "you're fat" BS is just that... an excuse to drop her after she complained because they purposefully digitally added her head to some starved girl's body. Someone at her height and weight could very comfortably fit into size 2-4 clothes. Hell, I'm shorter than her and weight a bit more and fit into that stuff.

They just didn't like the fact that she spoke up and figured she "had an attitude" or was trouble and drummed up some excuse to drop her.

I hope another company picks her up quickly.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

Hmmm her figure is cute enough that just the shadow of it would be pretty darn hot.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

They usually go for size zero and 2 for modelling because the clothes just generally look better to show off, marketing and advertisement really...not supposed to represent the real world.

But size Zero – 2 Girls do not appeal to me at all, too skinny....

There is no doubting that that woman looks very beautiful and has a great body...just not ehat they are looking for I guess.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

(click to enlarge)

I can see why they fired her, that's my critique.

What a fat ass.

• XemousXemous Member Posts: 255
    Originally posted by Teala

OK, when is the fashion industry going to join the real world?  I am so sick of looking at magazines with models that are not your average female!  It was recently brought to the attention of news outlets that one of the most beautiful models to grace the pages of some of most widely read magazines for women and catwalks around the world has been fired for being, get this, to fat!

She is Countess Filippa Hamilton, 5'10'(177.8cm) and weighs 120lbs(54.54kg) a size 4 mind you.  She has been with Ralph Lauren for 8 years and she is fired because he says she can no longer fulfill her obligations because she cannot wear clothes samples that he wishes her to wear.   OMFG!   What is it with these people that think the average female is a size 0-2!  Why don't they join the real world.   Your average female is size 12-14!  Yeah that is right...12-14, not 0-2~!   BTW I am the same height as Filippa and I cannot see me ever getting down to a size 4 - let alone a size 0~!  I'd be as thin as a rail.   I can comfortably fit into size 6 though and I'll never starve myself - I enjoy eating to much.   LOL!

I swear to god when i first saw her face i thought she was a dude.

On another note, some of us read magazines to not have to look at your average female :p

And when it comes to the size part, i understood | | much of what you said.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

omg if they think that is fat the should be punched in the face...too skinny is grosssssssss. like paris hilton is grosssssss

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767
    Originally posted by Xemous

I swear to god when i first saw her face i thought she was a dude.

Yes, me too.  I'd find her much more attractive with a paper bag over her head.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Im 6 Foot Even and 117... Fatty :P

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Im 6 Foot Even and 117... Fatty :P

You're just big boned.

O_o o_O

• ChealarChealar Member Posts: 268

Originally posted by SgtFrog
    They usually go for size zero and 2 for modelling because the clothes just generally look better to show off, marketing and advertisement really...

Seems like BS to me... Couldn't they actually design clothes to fit "normal" size, instead on insisting on designing clothes for matchstick? Then the clothes would look good on normal people...

• PyrichPyrich Member Posts: 1,040
    Originally posted by Chealar

Originally posted by SgtFrog

They usually go for size zero and 2 for modelling because the clothes just generally look better to show off, marketing and advertisement really...

Seems like BS to me... Couldn't they actually design clothes to fit "normal" size, instead on insisting on designing clothes for matchstick? Then the clothes would look good on normal people...

Oh it's not clothes they design, it's wearable works of art. Clothes designers are far beyond the act of mearly designing cloths.

/attempted sarcasm over

• icaughtfireicaughtfire Member Posts: 109

The lady in the picture? You call that fat? So that means being a model is a very tough job because you have to condition both your mind and body not to eat stuff.

I have a question, how much do you think these models earn? If they sacrifice a lot in their jobs I think they are earning a lot because no one will stay in a job if you are not paid right unless you enjoy it. :)

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

“I did everything that I could. I was very loyal to them. I was on time every time,” Hamilton told Curry.

She earned that job - her punctuality proves it!  Sure, often times she wanted to sleep in till noon like the rest of us, but she didn't dammit, she got up and busted her ass doing light duties and letting people photograph it...  It breaks my heart to see a person so prompt losing her job like that - it's just so unjust.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• EnkinduEnkindu Member Posts: 1,098

My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hon...

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

• ChealarChealar Member Posts: 268

Originally posted by icaughtfire
    no one will stay in a job if you are not paid right unless you enjoy it. :)

With today conjoncture, a lot of people have to bear "bad" jobs...

As for models, not all of them are well-paid stars. But then, sometimes they can be stubborn, or have psychological issues that make them cling to the job - and actually that can happen in any profession.

• Darkmagic76Darkmagic76 Member Posts: 7

That's why i don't care about the modeling industry and I don't support it. I don't find many models now a days as great as people make them out to be.

• upupengupupeng Member Posts: 74

look at her face,  just looks like a man.

• UshibaruUshibaru Member Posts: 65

umh...

It seemed not fair but I think she already knows it being a model is not so easy he needs to maintain their requirement body size.

she maybe not so careful for letting this happened. but I think she will have another job. She's pretty, sexy and she has a good height. It's easy for her to find a replacement job. ^^

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by upupeng

She looks like a man?   Wow...just wow.   

• EnkinduEnkindu Member Posts: 1,098

The size/ proportion of her jaw/ lips/ nose do tend a bit toward the masculine.  Not so much that it makes her unattractive.

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Originally posted by upupeng

Thats what i was saying, i was like what the hell are they looking at...

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas