Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands or Dragon Age

2»

Comments

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

Borderlands is pre-ordered on steam for me (my friend wants to co-op).  Dragon Age will no doubt be a post Christmas buy (if the reviews are positive) as i have Assassins creed 2, Modern Warefare 2, Uncharted 2, Left4Dead 2 (i see a pattern here...) lined up for asap purchases.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

I still dont know.... :P, if i can get some friends to get borderlands then il get that :D, if not then it is Dragon Age all the way

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by Mortemia

I'll just bought Borderlands since I got it so cheap. I'll probably get Dragon Age too, somewhere in future, when it's slow on multiplayer game frontier.
    It's just hard to get excited from single player games nowadays.

I have the exact opposite problem - hard to get excited over what is coming out on the MMO front.

• patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148
    Originally posted by NagelFire

I don't want to spend money though.. so I can try and get my dad to buy it.  He was thinking of buying me the Nvidia GTX 275 video card
     I am not willing to spend 250$ on games.  I can either ~
    A.) Wait till xmas and have my parents buy all of em for me
    B.) Pirate them
    C.) Take the video card or 2 games 
    I hate hard decisions in life.

hahaha, hard decisions....riiiight.

• AdokaumAdokaum Member UncommonPosts: 84

If i had a choice between those 2 i'd go for Dragon Age.

Borderlands might have a unique art style but it just looks like a generic fps with a little rpg element.

The only problem i have with dragon age is EA, they are complete twats when it comes to PC games.

Hopefully dragon age won't have some stupid DRM with limited downloads or some other crap to screw pc gamers over cause we are "all pirates".

Why would you pre-order  borderlands on steam? are you crazy? Its gonna be like 2x more expensive than on amazon or something.

As for the poster before with that A,B,C options and pirating and stuff.

Here's my solution: Get a cheaper gpu GTX 260 lets say thats saves u enough money to buy maybe 1 or 2 games.

Wait for price to drop, you don't need every single game at same time.

Get a job? Deliver news papers or stack some shelves in the store.

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

i want em both but im not sure about borderlands just yet. i would like to wait and see some reviews on it first. bioware on the other hand always delivers great games, so i will def be picking it up.

gamertag - Swaffle House

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Tough call. Personally, I'm getting both. Dragon Age is looking to be an awesome RPG as expected. Borderlands looks pretty cool as well though. Personally, if you must only get one, I'd say go with whatever genre you happen to feel like at the moment. Borderlands is going to be more pick up and play/shooty where as Dragon Age is going to be long and RPGish. 

""Hopefully dragon age won't have some stupid DRM with limited downloads or some other crap to screw pc gamers over cause we are "all pirates".""

You know it will. EA eats that shit up. 

""Why would you pre-order borderlands on steam? are you crazy? Its gonna be like 2x more expensive than on amazon or something.""

Let me guess, you're one of those "anti steam" nutbars? Three good reasons.

1: It's being published by 2k, aka the same douchebags who stuck us with the first usage of the cd activation/limited token bullshit with Bioshock. Fully expect it again on any boxed copies of the game. 

2: Steam is running a sale on the game for pre-ordering. All in all it comes to 15% factoring in tax if you were to buy it retail, 8% even if you managed to get it tax free. Amazon isn't going to do better, and will charge shipping unless you're getting it with something else. 

3: There's nothing wrong with Steam.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

Both on pre order for me.

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• ZartanyenZartanyen Member Posts: 72

I preordered the CE of dragon age origins with FYE gamestop and blockbuster do not have the CE and ordering with the EA store and some of the other sites listed on  bioware site charge you the moment you place your order not the day it is shiped.

When you preoredr with FYE you get 2$ off the final price plus you can sign up for their free 30 day trial to what ever their membership card is that will give you a extra 10% off your purchase to not bad.

Does anyone know what the diffrence between the normal and collectors strategy guid is? is the collectors guide go with the collectors game?

• haelikothhaelikoth Member Posts: 116

Borderlands for me. Most likely via Steam, to avoid any possible crappy DRM.

Getting it because I have some friends who are also getting it for the co-op. I do love FPS games with RPG elements tho, so thats another reason.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by Roin

I was going to get Dragon Age for PC, but as my PC isn't fast enough to run it.  I'll end up getting it for PS3.  While Borderland does look good.  After playing as much Left 4 Dead as I did, Borderland more or less.  Just looks like a Scifi version of it.  I might get it down the road, but Dragon Age is a priority buy.  Spiritual successor to Baulders Gate. Made by one of my favorite game companies.  Blood, violence, dragon killing.  Can't ask for more from a game lol.

ps3 version is 2-3 weeks delay tho : ( nov 17th i think my pc can run it easy but i rather get it for ps3

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by Kordesh
     Tough call. Personally, I'm getting both. Dragon Age is looking to be an awesome RPG as expected. Borderlands looks pretty cool as well though. Personally, if you must only get one, I'd say go with whatever genre you happen to feel like at the moment. Borderlands is going to be more pick up and play/shooty where as Dragon Age is going to be long and RPGish. 
    ""Hopefully dragon age won't have some stupid DRM with limited downloads or some other crap to screw pc gamers over cause we are "all pirates".""
    You know it will. EA eats that shit up. 

""Why would you pre-order borderlands on steam? are you crazy? Its gonna be like 2x more expensive than on amazon or something.""
    Let me guess, you're one of those "anti steam" nutbars? Three good reasons.
    1: It's being published by 2k, aka the same douchebags who stuck us with the first usage of the cd activation/limited token bullshit with Bioshock. Fully expect it again on any boxed copies of the game. 
    2: Steam is running a sale on the game for pre-ordering. All in all it comes to 15% factoring in tax if you were to buy it retail, 8% even if you managed to get it tax free. Amazon isn't going to do better, and will charge shipping unless you're getting it with something else. 
    3: There's nothing wrong with Steam.

Where have you people been? We've known for a LONG time now (6 months +) that DAO will NOT have ANY form of DRM whatsoever.

http://www.thegamereviews.com/story-3074-No-DRM-for-Dragon-Age-Origins.html

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Adokaum

If i had a choice between those 2 i'd go for Dragon Age.
    Borderlands might have a unique art style but it just looks like a generic fps with a little rpg element.
    The only problem i have with dragon age is EA, they are complete twats when it comes to PC games.
    Hopefully dragon age won't have some stupid DRM with limited downloads or some other crap to screw pc gamers over cause we are "all pirates".

Why would you pre-order  borderlands on steam? are you crazy? Its gonna be like 2x more expensive than on amazon or something.

As for the poster before with that A,B,C options and pirating and stuff.
    Here's my solution: Get a cheaper gpu GTX 260 lets say thats saves u enough money to buy maybe 1 or 2 games.
    Wait for price to drop, you don't need every single game at same time.
    Get a job? Deliver news papers or stack some shelves in the store.

I love steam, i buy all my games from there nowa days.

And it is £27 in steam and £25 on Amazon...not that much difference

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Hmmmmmmm, Borderlands or the next big RPG from Bioware that's the spiritual successor the the Baldurs Gate RPG series? For me personally as winter sets in it's Dargon Age Origins hands down as the first game I'll play first. I really enjoy Biowares RPG's.

I may get Borderlands, but meh I'm all too excited about it, for new FPS I await Rage and Battlefield 3.