Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Faith in Cryptic after Champions Online cash shop model?

1235»

Comments

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by MisterSr

Everyone forgets that Cryptic also make CoH/CoV which if you will was an extremely good game.

Nobody has forgotten that. In fact, had you actually read this thread before posting a reply, you would see that many of us use CoX as part of our arguement that Cryptic is not qualified to make a game like Star Terk Online. Any kind of an outer space game (and one which will draw the kind of audience STO will) needs to be MASSIVE and needs to seem to go on forever in all directions. EvE Online is massive like this. But Cryptic has never made a massive game. CoX and CO were both very small, made even smaller by their use of small instanced zones. And now Cryptic is trying to recycle the game engine from CO to make STO, which leads me to believe STO will also use small instanced zones because that is what the engine was designed to do.

I've said this before: You cannot simulate the galaxy in a series of small boxes.

I've actually played CoX quite a bit in the past and I have to say that Cryptic didn't even do that good of a job trying to simulate a city in a series of small boxes. Do we really want to put our faith in them to simulate the entire galaxy now? I don't.