Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sci-fi or Fantasy (SW:TOR or WOW)...will you be swtching?

For those of us still playing wow and those of us that have played wow, will you make the conversion over to TOR?

For me being a former SWG player and then WOW, i will definatly be switching over and saying sionara to a 5 year love/hate affair with WOW?

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

I already quit wow a few months ago. Played some shooters for a while, and am now playing Aion. If I will quit Aion for swtor? only time will tell, but seeing as swtor will probably be a completely different experience from Aion, I can see myself keeping both subs. I am also keeping an eye out for The Perfect World, Earthrise, GW2 and FFIV, to see what crawls out of that bucket.

But swtor will definitely be my main game when it comes out, thats for sure. That is, of course, if the game doesnt suck major balls =)

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

SW TOR is not a game for the WoW fans, its a completele different games, full of speach, text, story and RP options.

probably no or few raids, at least not the kind wow has.

This is an RPG, made for ppl who enjoy reading quests, know the lore and actually appreciate the writing.  Its more of a LoTRO player kind of game. So I dont think wow players will play it.

Im dieing to play it =) pls launch it fast

Originally posted by tryklon

SW TOR is not a game for the WoW fans, its a completele different games, full of speach, text, story and RP options.
    probably no or few raids, at least not the kind wow has.

This is an RPG, made for ppl who enjoy reading quests, know the lore and actually appreciate the writing.  Its more of a LoTRO player kind of game. So I dont think wow players will play it.

Im dieing to play it =) pls launch it fast

Actually, contrary to what alot of people think, WoW has some of the coolest quests and easter eggs of all mmos past and present. Its just a shame that most people just accept the quest straight away and rush off to kill those 10 wolves. There are incredible chain quests in wow about conspiracies and great plots. Not to mention great one-liners. I've had a great time enjoying these little things in wow. There are npcs out there, that will make you laugh right out of your chair if you just stand there for a few minutes, waiting. Of course, those reputations are not going to grind themselves, are they? =(

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

This thread is going to catch a lot of flaming, so I figure I would drop in before the fire gets out of hand. Ok I'm leaving now.

Originally posted by greed0104

This thread is going to catch a lot of flaming, so I figure I would drop in before the fire gets out of hand. Ok I'm leaving now.

What thread doesnt these days? =(

Originally posted by Toquio3

Originally posted by greed0104

What thread doesnt these days? =(

The ones that don't make a comparison to WoW in some way. It's like black magic, it brings forth the apocolypse :O

• stevekr21stevekr21 Member Posts: 50

well maybe its time for the apocalpyse...hmm dont you think?

Originally posted by stevekr21

well maybe its time for the apocalpyse...hmm dont you think?

In this case you should watch Idiocracy, that's the apocalypse I'm talking about : /

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Wow sucks really bad.

SWTOR kicks ass.

Guess.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

I'm sooooooooooooo burned out on fantasy, I'm really hoping for a viable sci-fi solution.  This has a good chance of being just what I'm looking for.

• Krakoa919Krakoa919 Member Posts: 3

For the past few years i jumped from many fantasy mmo's only to  switch to EVE and finding its to for lack of a better word unexciting for me. Huge Star Wars fan Huge bioware fan SWTOR just seems like the game for me

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835

I don't play WoW and prolly never will again. I did some time, had my fun and moved on.

SW:ToR.....I am a HUGE SW fan. Sat in a 2 block long line for the original. Waited 6 hours+ to see most of the newer ones. I spend thousands of dollars on SW toys, games, movies, statues etc. But I have to say, I am not the slightest bit interested in that game. I don't know why. I guess at no point during any of the Bioware games I've played have I said "Gee, this would be more fun with other people."

I'll still give it a try as I don't know until I do play it. But so far it just hasn't sounded fun at all to me.

Originally posted by qotsa

I don't play WoW and prolly never will again. I did some time, had my fun and moved on.

SW:ToR.....I am a HUGE SW fan. Sat in a 2 block long line for the original. Waited 6 hours+ to see most of the newer ones. I spend thousands of dollars on SW toys, games, movies, statues etc. But I have to say, I am not the slightest bit interested in that game. I don't know why. I guess at no point during any of the Bioware games I've played have I said "Gee, this would be more fun with other people."

I'll still give it a try as I don't know until I do play it. But so far it just hasn't sounded fun at all to me.

When it came to how I looked at it, wasn't necessarily "would be mroe fun with more people". I wondered what the experience would be like if my companions were actual players, would they agree with my actions, where in the story would there choices take me. This is probably one of the only games I'm interested in playing with random people outside of friends. I'd say all my friends are like minded when it comes to actions taken. So when I actually drop somebody for no reason, I can't wait to see what the player not approving of my actions has to say. I'm not a role player, at all. But this really interests me.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

My wow sub will be up in 4 days, and I have no intention of going back unless the next xpack makes it amazing. I am not sure if I will go to TOR or not yet, because there are so many games coming out possibly soon that look promising. So I will have to wait and see which one I really want to devote myself to.