Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands or Dragon Age

SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Both Games Come out around the same time and i have no idea what i want to play first eeekk..

Anyone want to help make my decesion easier.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Comments

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

I was going to get Dragon Age for PC, but as my PC isn't fast enough to run it.  I'll end up getting it for PS3.  While Borderland does look good.  After playing as much Left 4 Dead as I did, Borderland more or less.  Just looks like a Scifi version of it.  I might get it down the road, but Dragon Age is a priority buy.  Spiritual successor to Baulders Gate. Made by one of my favorite game companies.  Blood, violence, dragon killing.  Can't ask for more from a game lol.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Roin

I was going to get Dragon Age for PC, but as my PC isn't fast enough to run it.  I'll end up getting it for PS3.  While Borderland does look good.  After playing as much Left 4 Dead as I did, Borderland more or less.  Just looks like a Scifi version of it.  I might get it down the road, but Dragon Age is a priority buy.  Spiritual successor to Baulders Gate. Made by one of my favorite game companies.  Blood, violence, dragon killing.  Can't ask for more from a game lol.

I played L4D like no tomorrow, but I don’t think it is really similar at all to Borderlands except for the 4 player co-op :p

Ahhh can’t decide.

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

Both Games Come out around the same time and i have no idea what i want to play first eeekk..

Anyone want to help make my decesion easier.

I have pre-ordered Dragon Age...looks like my kind of game.  Borderlands  - like the #2 poster said - looks like left4dead and I got bored after awhile with that(good game tho).  So I recommend Dragon Age.

• Moldy2Moldy2 Member Posts: 73

Well, if you want multiplayer, Borderlands is the way to go...  As I heard, Dragon Age has no multiplayer, a game breaker for me

• GidasGidas Member Posts: 68

I will definitely go for Dragon Age. It looks so freakin' amazing, imo, and I am really looking forward to it! They released a character creator a few days back and I've been playing with it all day, while listening to Infected Mushroom's new album, but thats kinda off topic. hehe

I'm gonna get borderlands down the road, but Dragon Age is what I am looking for atm.

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by Moldy2

Well, if you want multiplayer, Borderlands is the way to go...  As I heard, Dragon Age has no multiplayer, a game breaker for me

That is a good consideration, myself I will play a game I like the looks of whether or not it is multi-player... but some people do prefer one or the other.  Been playing a lot of MMO's,  not having to see the chat full of mindless whining will be nice(no chat = no whining).

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

Pre-ordered both, just hope I actually get some time to play them, works pretty hectic at the moment

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

Borderlands is nothing like L4D except the fact that its a FPS. Dragon Age will suck on consoles compared to PC, and theres no multiplayer. IMO go borderlands, unless you really want a singleplayer experience.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Getting Borderlands definitely but in no rush to get anything else.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    Originally posted by demonic87

Borderlands is nothing like L4D except the fact that its a FPS. Dragon Age will suck on consoles compared to PC, and theres no multiplayer. IMO go borderlands, unless you really want a singleplayer experience.

1 Theres no way to tell if it will suck on consoles.

2 If you want a story go Dragon Age. Just watch the origin videos they have posted most(other then the dalish elf imo) are pretty epic.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Dragon Age for me but both look good.

• BladeWardenBladeWarden Member Posts: 11

i say get both games if you have the money to. i know i'll be getting both <_<

Originally posted by BladeWarden

i say get both games if you have the money to. i know i'll be getting both <_<

I have the money, but not the time.

Il probably get Dragon Age

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

They both look like great games but i will be playing Aion with friends 8)

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

I'll just bought Borderlands since I got it so cheap. I'll probably get Dragon Age too, somewhere in future, when it's slow on multiplayer game frontier.

It's just hard to get excited from single player games nowadays.

Originally posted by Mortemia

I'll just bought Borderlands since I got it so cheap. I'll probably get Dragon Age too, somewhere in future, when it's slow on multiplayer game frontier.
    It's just hard to get excited from single player games nowadays.

I know, tell me about it...

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Definitely Dragon Age.  ^_^

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Dragon Age. When Bioware makes a game you buy it. It's that simple.

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

Sorta in the same situation as your Sgt, but mine is a little more complex.

I am EXTREMELY bored.  So I want to buy some games, That leaves me with RE5 and Arkham Asylum.  I don't want to spend money though.. so I can try and get my dad to buy it.  He was thinking of buying me the Nvidia GTX 275 video card though. . and if he buys me the game he wont buy me the video card.

Also, I want to buy Borderlands, Dragon age, Modern Warfare 2 , Force unleashed, for the Pc (they all come out around same time).  I am not willing to spend 250$ on games.  I can either ~

A.) Wait till xmas and have my parents buy all of em for me

B.) Pirate them

C.) Take the video card or 2 games

I hate hard decisions in life.

PS- That is a fine looking pile of pixels in your siggy Sgt.

-------------------------

• smellysockssmellysocks Member Posts: 230

Dragon age ! <

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Borderlands. I have had enough of generic orcs,elves and dragons.

It's made by bioware so you can bet it's going to be overhyped and overrated.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Bioware made Neverwinter Nights, so they'll always have my heart. :D

• mundus01mundus01 Member Posts: 100

Well I could not decide so I just pre-ordered both. they are different types of games so both will be enjoyable.  : )

• AchillezAchillez Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by mundus01

Well I could not decide so I just pre-ordered both. they are different types of games so both will be enjoyable.  : )

QFT

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Live life, get both... 8)

Uh I was just looking and the system requirements for Borderlands are notably steeper than teh ones for Dragon Age...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004