Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a mmo for me.

ruff48ruff48 Member Posts: 7

UPDATED see below post

I don't care if it is F2P or P2P as long as the quality is good.

It would be nice to be able to PvP as I level up and not at some ridicuously high cap. EXP for PvPing is a plus.

Some things that turn me off: Hardcore grouped raiding: I'm not able to dedicate the time required for it.

Non-solo friendly: I can live with a little grouping, but when it is excessive it becomes annoying when there is no one around to help with a group quest

Repetitive: Doing the same thing for the whole leveling process is really bad for me, as stated above: PvP for leveling or uniqueness in experience gain and combat system.

Games I have tried:

WoW: Not very fun when I can't do many dungeons with time constraints and dislike the PvP (Had a 70 character for a few months then played Lich King to level 78)

Guild Wars: After coming this late I can't really just dive into the PvP and the PvE isn't really that interesting

EvE: too overwhelming might try later

Thanks for any help

Comments

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by ruff48

I don't care if it is F2P or P2P as long as the quality is good.
    It would be nice to be able to PvP as I level up and not at some ridicuously high cap. EXP for PvPing is a plus.
    Some things that turn me off: Hardcore grouped raiding: I'm not able to dedicate the time required for it.
    Non-solo friendly: I can live with a little grouping, but when it is excessive it becomes annoying when there is no one around to help with a group quest
    Repetitive: Doing the same thing for the whole leveling process is really bad for me, as stated above: PvP for leveling or uniqueness in experience gain and combat system.
    Games I have tried:
    WoW: Not very fun when I can't do many dungeons with time constraints and dislike the PvP (Had a 70 character for a few months then played Lich King to level 78)
    Guild Wars: After coming this late I can't really just dive into the PvP and the PvE isn't really that interesting
    EvE: too overwhelming might try later
    Thanks for any help

You would be better off buying a console and playing a new game every 3-4 weeks or maybe getting a gamefly account.

No MMO will ever not have repetitive gameplay or be fun and exciting for ever.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• TheDisposerTheDisposer Member Posts: 14

Try Red War Edems Curse u might like it

• KarmaCry7KarmaCry7 Member Posts: 144
    Originally posted by metalhead980

I agree with that part. I don't even know if I can give you one as a suggestion. Champions, Lotro, AoC, Aion are all based upon what you make of the game. Do some research and read a bit. Find out what it is you like and don't like as every mmo will let you down if you have the expectations of it besting wow. Take what you like from each and make the best out of it. There isn't the all mighty "YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME" on the market. I've bashed War and only after leaving so many mmos I realized War isn't that bad at all. I had high hopes for Aion and Aion is ok but not great.

You have to make the best out of your experience and overtime you'll find the game that does the best for you.

I have the right to like what I want!

• TisiphoneTisiphone Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by metalhead980
    You would be better off buying a console and playing a new game every 3-4 weeks or maybe getting a gamefly account.

Wow. I read that thread title, and all that went through my mind was, "aren't we all..."

I don't think I can help you either... Guild Wars is the most casual MMORPG that I can think of. FFXI fits "non-solo friendly". Aion, Lineage, LOTRO, EQ2, and pretty much any Korean MMO will have the same time requirements and repetition as WoW, FE and AO are as complex (or more so) than EvE...

You're pretty much asking for the perfect MMORPG... maybe try Star Wars: The Old Republic when it comes out - it should be pretty casual-friendly. Or as metalhead980 says, stick to single player for now.

• ruff48ruff48 Member Posts: 7

I realize that there is no perfect mmo so instead I will tell you some things I like in a mmo.

Graphics: as long as they aren't really outdated they will be fine.

PvP focused: this is pretty important

Combat: as long as it isn't just clicking on mobs and auto attacking for 30 seconds, loot and repeat 100
    times it will be good enough.

Guidance: I wouldn't like to just be thrown into a world without some direction weather it be a good community or helpful ingame tutorials

And please try to bear with me. If a game is good but not perfect I will check it out

Also I do have a ps3 that I play for fun but I want something to do while on the computer that I won't trash immediately

• ruff48ruff48 Member Posts: 7

Anyone else read my updated post above: ^^?