Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

way to turn effects on?

greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

Models and animations are great in aion.  The pixel count is great.  What's NOT great is also what's not great in many other mmo's.  One, the atmosphere is lifeless due to everything having a similar color and shade.  It's like it has this grey overlay on everything from ground, to architecture, to sky.  Also why are there no reflections from light sources?  It really takes away the realism to see a blue flame but no obvious reflection against the wall and floor.  I'm in the main city and it's like all these shapes were just thrown in with no attention to effects.  Lifeless and unrealistic.  Outdoors there needs to be more variations in the landcapes.  It all looks to flat with a lonely, spindly tree or rock thrown in for fun.  Some may think these things minor but it all adds up to the level of immersion which can untimately effect the players experience a lot.  I know mmo's need stuff turned down but some developers do it gracefully and some obviously do not.

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I believe you can head into the advanced graphics options and turn off or down particle effects, shading, etc. PLay around with the options until you get a graphical representation you feel is more immersive for you

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757
    Originally posted by Czzarre

I believe you can head into the advanced graphics options and turn off or down particle effects, shading, etc. PLay around with the options until you get a graphical representation you feel is more immersive for you

Thanks but I don't see anything for "advanced graphics" or particle effects.