Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG! DAMN BLIZZARD DOWNLOADER!!!

I was downloading wow and when it came to 2041mb it stopped!::::04:: THen i w8et 1 day to see if it continued...but no. So im downloading it down again....(its 261mb now::::33::) Any1 else had the same problem?

Cheers mates!

Comments

• archonfuryarchonfury Member Posts: 139

Nah, you just suck at the internet. It was probably done downloading. I suggest you turn off your computer and donate it to charity.

>B=()
    >8()

>B=()
    >8()

• supergunnarsupergunnar Member Posts: 90

ive tried evrything....... but soon finished(tomorow)

• paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238

Are u guys using dial-up? It took me 36 mins to patch, turn on P2P it helps a TON.

Yea i know. But my network card is out of date ore somthing( thats what the blizzard downloader says). So i must disable p2p filetransfer......

• loldaoldaloldaolda Member Posts: 1

Yes, you suck indeed... omfg... ::::12::

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Heres my take on blizzard installer...

can't use peer to peer as my netgear card crashes my system. Have to use the slower download option. Blizzards suggestion use v1.8 driver (i am) add values to connection option (didn't do jack)

I love how they offer suggestions and no real fixes!

Got to 82%....2041.5 gig and still the same 8 hours later???.  Thought it may be a graphical glitch as the downloaded reading continued to rise. Twenty four hours later still at 82%??? Reading up on the forums i find out a lot of people are getting stuck at 82 or 88%!!!!! Where's the bloody download going??

Soddin Blizzard should go into the battery business as there downloader goes on and on longer than a duracell!!

Blzzards suggestion......try enabling peer to peer but i soddin' can't!

One guys solution is to find the installer tome mpq file and delete it. This takes your download back to 73% and restart it....losing me 219 meg!!!

I have done this and are now at 75%. If i get hit by the tome of 82 bug again i will forget the WoW beta and say sod it for a game of soldiers!

My pc has done nothing but download the beta since 7. 30 am Saturday and at 6 pm Wednesday is at 75%.....AGAIN!! 

Pan

Pan

Thx panache you have been much helpfull::::08::

• nash8114nash8114 Member Posts: 118

I am so extremely puzzled by why people by cheap network cards such as "netgear" or "realtek".

Why don't you go out and spend a 30 euros on a 3com card and have NO more problems with collisions, no more problems with drivers (EVER, on ANY OS,) no more problems with packet loss or any weird symptoms that cause programs to lag and stuff.

Only once did I have a defect 3com card in one of my systems (my own fault probably.. I pulled it out a few times while the PC was on) and it worked partly even though it was defect (Linux system that had it.. just do a ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0 and all was fine again).
    Other than that, I have never had any problems whatsoever with these cards.

So, to all who have to tick the "No P2P" box, go out and get yourself a decent network card!! For on line games, network cards DO make a difference (in processor time for one.)

Cheers,
    Nash

_____

_____

• paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238

Originally posted by nash8114
    I am so extremely puzzled by why people by cheap network cards such as "netgear" or "realtek".Why don't you go out and spend a 30 euros on a 3com card and have NO more problems with collisions, no more problems with drivers (EVER, on ANY OS,) no more problems with packet loss or any weird symptoms that cause programs to lag and stuff.Only once did I have a defect 3com card in one of my systems (my own fault probably.. I pulled it out a few times while the PC was on) and it worked partly even though it was defect (Linux system that had it.. just do a ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0 and all was fine again).
    Other than that, I have never had any problems whatsoever with these cards.So, to all who have to tick the "No P2P" box, go out and get yourself a decent network card!! For on line games, network cards DO make a difference (in processor time for one.)Cheers,
    Nash_____

Because they expect Blizzard to test the 1000's of network cards from around the world even if they were chizzled out of stone.

It stopped again::::16::
    Can you please give me a name of a god network card. Think i go out this day and buy a new1 !

If you read the Blizzard tech forums, you will see that all manner of network cards, systems, isps, etc have issues with the downloader.

They have even posted that the problem has been fixxed from 2 pm GMT. Mine still won't progress beyond 82%

It's got bugger all to do with our network cards...even ones made from stone!

Pan

Pan

OMG it works::::01::!!!!!
    panache i did not think this would work but: turn p2p on!!!! IT WORKS!!! YAHOOOO

Turned peer to peer on mate and my pc rebooted!

Sod Blizzard...this is....

Utter bollocks!

Pan

Pan

2 bad mate::::21::
    My tip f you know sombady ho has the game, ask them to burn wow to you!
    Or GOD LUCK DOWNLOADING!::::28::

Glad to hear P2P is working for you mate...was it a case of a new network card?

Let us know if your DL completes it's epic task image

Pan

Pan

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by paradyme
    I am so extremely puzzled by why people by cheap network cards such as "netgear" or "realtek".Why don't you go out and spend a 30 euros on a 3com card and have NO more problems with collisions, no more problems with drivers (EVER, on ANY OS,) no more problems with packet loss or any weird symptoms that cause programs to lag and stuff.Only once did I have a defect 3com card in one of my systems (my own fault probably.. I pulled it out a few times while the PC was on) and it worked partly even though it was defect (Linux system that had it.. just do a ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0 and all was fine again).
    Other than that, I have never had any problems whatsoever with these cards.So, to all who have to tick the "No P2P" box, go out and get yourself a decent network card!! For on line games, network cards DO make a difference (in processor time for one.)Cheers,
    Nash_____

Because they expect Blizzard to test the 1000's of network cards from around the world even if they were chizzled out of stone.

ahhh, yes. Ofcourse, I should have seen it, all these cards that work with everything else are at fault because one downloader is having ton's of issues and what is a standard architecture to build off of now has to be tested with millions of cards.

oh wait, what about that silly thing called beta testing? Man, that would mean blizzard wouldnt even have to test all of those cards themselves, the users would for them!

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Fadeus

Originally posted by paradyme

I am so extremely puzzled by why people by cheap network cards such as "netgear" or "realtek".

Why don't you go out and spend a 30 euros on a 3com card and have NO more problems with collisions, no more problems with drivers (EVER, on ANY OS,) no more problems with packet loss or any weird symptoms that cause programs to lag and stuff.
    Only once did I have a defect 3com card in one of my systems (my own fault probably.. I pulled it out a few times while the PC was on) and it worked partly even though it was defect (Linux system that had it.. just do a ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0 and all was fine again).
    Other than that, I have never had any problems whatsoever with these cards.
    So, to all who have to tick the "No P2P" box, go out and get yourself a decent network card!! For on line games, network cards DO make a difference (in processor time for one.)
    Cheers,
    Nash
    _____

ahhh, yes. Ofcourse, I should have seen it, all these cards that work with everything else are at fault because one downloader is having ton's of issues and what is a standard architecture to build off of now has to be tested with millions of cards.

oh wait, what about that silly thing called beta testing? Man, that would mean blizzard wouldnt even have to test all of those cards themselves, the users would for them!

- Fadeus Hawkwood

LOL.....nice one Fade. My network card have never given me trouble in all the time i have had it. If it was a case of my network card at fault and every post about the 82% bug was confined to people using the same card as me i would have rushed out and bought what is probably the cheapest piece of pc hardware.

I hate the idea that i am to blame for what is a soddy application by Blizzard. There are even posts about the 82 bug dated back to  November during the US beta.

I just want to know if there is a work around or not. If there isn't just tell me blizzard and i'll move on

Pan

Pan