Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do the classed seem restrictive to you?

2»

Comments

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Alcuin

Thanks to all for the replies.  Like I said, I'm just trying to stir the pot while we wait.
     I keep thinking of Padme, Princess Leia, and Bail Organa and wondering if there will be a diplomat class.  it would fit into a story-driven MMO I'd bet.

Right now we know 5 out of 8 classes. Sith Warrior, Jedi, Bounty Hunter, Trooper, and smuggler. Once Jedi falls into place that leaves one slot open for possibility, and I say one due to the other slot almost mirroring the other. I'm going to go ahead and say Sith Empire gets Imperial Agents considering the time line video released recently. This is how I see it right now.

Sith Warrior  <-> Jedi

Bounty Hunter <-> Trooper

Smuggler <-> Imperial Agent.

? <-> ?

I know most of you believe BH and Smuggler are paired. But I have reason to doubt that. Watching the videos showed a lot of similarities between BH and Trooper. BH and trooper both seem like multi-target classes. While Smuggler seems single target, I see the same happening for the Imperial Agent (if that is the class missing).

The final classes I'm starting to believe will lean more towards heavy support. A Diplomat class would be nice, and I would still consider anything a possibilty. There are a few classes people are wanting, one big one being a Dancer. I'm starting to become curious as to the role a cantina will play. Perhaps some of the roles will be shifted into professions and not so much classes.

• AlcuinAlcuin Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by greed0104

Originally posted by Alcuin

Thanks to all for the replies.  Like I said, I'm just trying to stir the pot while we wait.
     I keep thinking of Padme, Princess Leia, and Bail Organa and wondering if there will be a diplomat class.  it would fit into a story-driven MMO I'd bet.

Right now we know 5 out of 8 classes. Sith Warrior, Jedi, Bounty Hunter, Trooper, and smuggler. Once Jedi falls into place that leaves one slot open for possibility, and I say one due to the other slot almost mirroring the other. I'm going to go ahead and say Sith Empire gets Imperial Agents considering the time line video released recently. This is how I see it right now.

Sith Warrior  <-> Jedi

Bounty Hunter <-> Trooper

Smuggler <-> Imperial Agent.

? <-> ?

I know most of you believe BH and Smuggler are paired. But I have reason to doubt that. Watching the videos showed a lot of similarities between BH and Trooper. BH and trooper both seem like multi-target classes. While Smuggler seems single target, I see the same happening for the Imperial Agent (if that is the class missing).

The final classes I'm starting to believe will lean more towards heavy support. A Diplomat class would be nice, and I would still consider anything a possibilty. There are a few classes people are wanting, one big one being a Dancer. I'm starting to become curious as to the role a cantina will play. Perhaps some of the roles will be shifted into professions and not so much classes.

Good point.  Initially I thought Troopers were going to be available to both sides, but there is nothing indicating that, and one big thing hinting otherwise (that being the official website listing Troopers as a Republic class).  

Now that I think about it, it would be great (to me) if diplomacy or dance were abilities or trade skills that would make character's unique outside of their class role. 

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by tillamook

OP. I'm not sure I can judge how SWTORs class system works and give you a truthful analysis on how restrictive it is or isn’t since I haven’t tried it yet. I could however make plenty of assumptions and generalizations based on little, but that would be subjective. In other words I would just be guessing.

Hope that answers your question.

What he said.

There is simply not enough information available at this time to make an informed judgment on pretty much anything in this game, including the restrictiveness of the classes.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.