Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning, Need some Direction

mmodjcmmodjc Member Posts: 9

I've recently returned to L2 this past weekend. When I say "returned" I'm saying I played the game back in 2004 for a couple of weeks, and wandered around until lvl 12 or so when I moved on to play every MMO released around the same time period.

I've always liked the amazing artwork, staying power, and free content updates that I've seen NCSoft provide for this title. I truly know almost nothing about this game but I've noticed it's seamless, there is no zoning, graphics are fantastic, and I have that sense of adventure with a whole new world to explore at my fingertips.

However, I am utterly and completely lost as to what I'm supposed to be doing. I got to lvl 18 with relative ease. I did all of the newbie quests "I think" and now I'm somewhat aimlessly wandering trying to do a quest with the name "Idol" in the title. I decided to roll a male Kamael because, quite frankly, they looked cool and they were new to me. My main concern is that I'm going to nerf myself by not knowing what I'm doing or where to go. I do know that I can try to find quests, kill mobs, and I should use the SP I have to lvl my skills. My #1 question would be, if I completely head down the wrong path and only killed mobs one by one until I hit somewhere near the end could I still somehow meander my why back to the fun high end content?

I would really love stick around and see some of the cool things I know the game has to offer, but I'd like to have some sense of structure and progression as well. I also would have asked someone in game for a bit of direction but I've yet to see anyone online since joining Bartz on Saturday in my area. Any advice is helpful.

Comments

• ninjaladyninjalady Member Posts: 64

Goto Giran & try to get into a clan academy.

If you can get into a clan that is active & parties alot, then you will have more fun, otherwise

yes, you can just solo & kill mobs one by one all on your own & gradually lvl up.

However grinding & lvling up while it does take a long time, that is not the hard part of L2.

The harder part is finding good ways to make $ in L2 without cheating & ebaying.

you have to concentrate on both aspects.

1...what mobs are the best for me to kill at my lvl to lvl up

2....whats method of making $ in L2 will work the best for me.

If you can figure out both of those aspects, then L2 will be fun, if not, then, you will be very aggravated.

• BluppBlupp Member Posts: 131

Lineage 2 is an hardcore grindgame, and I love it! But not all ppl do. This isnt a game like WoW where u can "make wrong choices" with perks and stuff. In Lineage 2 u kill mobs....u get SP and u spend em on skills (u will have enough SP for all skills u can aquire, so no worries u choose the wrong ones).

Yes there are quests in L2 but most of them are pretty crappy if u ask me. At endgame 78+ there is som quests that can be nice to do. L2 dont give u fingers to show what to do, L2 is what YOU do with it.

1. Yes, get a good clan (social aspect is very important in this game, even if solo hunting almost always is the fastets).

2. Start an alt as moneymaker. In other words start a dwarf spoiler (scavenger). Spoil animal bones and iron ore (best value/drop at lower levels - Fortress of resistance is a good place).

3. You might wanna start level a pet, its a pain but can bring some good cash ones its evolved (if u dont decide to keep it).

4. If u get a clan and do partys then catacombs is pretty neat for cash, sell the ancient adena u get from grinding the catacombs.

5. Yes, level 1-20 is very fast done nowdays. Try some different classes to feel whats best for u. This way u get a better feel of the game and u also make like 150k adena on every char u start. If you are a casual player it will take over one year for you to get to level 78+ so choose wisely what class u think u will enjoy in the long run. A tips is to check what skill each class get at 76+, its these skills that really matters in the end.

Well this was just a few ideas and thoughts for u mate. But remember L2 is what u want it to be.

Good luck!

• mmodjcmmodjc Member Posts: 9

Thanks so far for the feedback. I will definitely look into getting a clan as soon as possible. Right now I'm working through getting the 1st class transfer completed. I unfortunately bit off more than I could chew last night and de-leveled right before logging for the night.

My greatest concern was using SP in incorrect ways and/or missing some huge part of the game entirely by being in wrong place at the wrong time.

Does anyone know how to remove the "Death Penatly" debuff after dying?

• ninjaladyninjalady Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by mmodjc

Does anyone know how to remove the "Death Penatly" debuff after dying?

You should have a death penalty removal scroll in you Inv.

You have to have a removal scroll that is for your lvl range....NG, D,C,B,A,S Grade.

If you do not have the correct scroll for your lvl range, then you can buy one from most

Magic Shops or Grocery Stores in towns.

Found the death penalty removal scrolls. I also bumped into the common items at the shops which I understand can not be enhanced and/or I can't use my beginner soulshots with the blade.

Finished my first class transfer to a trooper just now and got some of the new skills/shadow weapons. I actually feel like I'm slowly beginning to accomplish something after making the transfer and hitting 21. Thanks again for all the tips/help. I'm going to keep grinding, questing, learning, and looking for a clan that will put up with someone new on Bartz.

• BluppBlupp Member Posts: 131

Real nice to hear that "new" players still come to L2. Dont hesitate to write again if u have any questions and we will see if we can manage to help u.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by mmodjc

Found the death penalty removal scrolls. I also bumped into the common items at the shops which I understand can not be enhanced and/or I can't use my beginner soulshots with the blade.
    Finished my first class transfer to a trooper just now and got some of the new skills/shadow weapons. I actually feel like I'm slowly beginning to accomplish something after making the transfer and hitting 21. Thanks again for all the tips/help. I'm going to keep grinding, questing, learning, and looking for a clan that will put up with someone new on Bartz.

You can use soulshouts with common gear, but remember that a No grade sword uses No grade soulshots and a Dgrade sword uses Dgrade soulshots.