Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your very first console ever?

purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

My first console was the Atari 2600. Got it way back in 1982, I was like 4 years old.  It was the one with the plastic and wooden case. Not the revamped version  that came later. I remember playing Breakout, Pac-Man, Adventure, Combat, and even the infamous E.T. movie game. How about you guys? What was your very first console ever?

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

Comments

• NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756

Yep preaching to the choir here.

Intellivision, Coleco, and the Atari 2600 generation reporting for duty!

I remember playing those math games with the animals and noises. (Totally forgot the name though)

What I remember is an Advanced Dungeon and Dragons game on Coleco I think. Always going through the mazes and finding some way to croak.

Though the answer to the question I can’t remember what exactly our household acquired first because all I remember are these systems laying around.

(Memory is too murky)

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

My first system was the NES, got it when i was really really young. Me and my dad would play it all day and night, well at least super mario brothers anyways haha.

-Jive

• NeikenNeiken Member Posts: 254

MY first console was a NES. My sister had a atari 2600 i played with for along time before i got the NES. I was so happy ^.^

I got a Genesis after that. I asked for a N64, but my father thought the sega had more games since there was more on the box. I love the Genesis anyways ^.^

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464
    Originally posted by Narug

Yep preaching to the choir here.
    Intellivision, Coleco, and the Atari 2600 generation reporting for duty!

I am with you on that one, I had those, plus a Vectrex.

Favorite Games at the time:

Intellivison: Tron, Frog Bog, SNAFU

Coleco: Cosmic Avenger, Smurfs, Adventure

Atari: Empire Strikes Back, River Raid, Pitfall

Vectrex: Webwars, Cosmic Chasm, Star Trek, and the built in one..I think it was called Mine Storm?

Current Games:

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

The Atari 7800. I only had a little over $100 bucks and had to choose between an NES with no games and the 7800 + five games. I decided I actually wanted a game to play. This was before most video stores began renting bames BTW.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

NES

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Atari 2600

I remember playing Combat with my uncle for days.

I was a pvper even then lol.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

NES...who would never forget the famous konami code in contra

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

I'm young, so it was PS1.

?

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Showing my age a bit here, but my first was a Grandstand.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Atari 2600. Solaris was my favorite game. Had to get up early and play before work so the kids wouldnt take the controller away from me. Also remember playing Desert Falcon a lot.

Edit: If anyone cares there is an Atari Anthology  for the PS2 that has a ton of old Atari games. I think i ordered mine from Amazon but its been a few years.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

My first console was an Atari 2600. We played a lot of Pac-Man, Adventure, and Tanks (included in Combat), but we played so much Yars' Revenge, it was almost our family religion. We also had that infamous E.T. game, and I also remember playing something called Fast Food that involved catching some food and avoiding others, or some such.. (*lol*)

My grandparents bought an Intellivision, but the only game I really remember playing there was some sort of football game.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• RefnuRefnu Member Posts: 140

NES ftw!

Current: Puzzle Pirates
    Waiting: SWTOR,Aion, CO
    Played: AC, WoW, SB, EVE

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464
    Originally posted by neschria

My first console was an Atari 2600. We played a lot of Pac-Man, Adventure, and Tanks (included in Combat), but we played so much Yars' Revenge, it was almost our family religion. We also had that infamous E.T. game, and I also remember playing something called Fast Food that involved catching some food and avoiding others, or some such.. (*lol*)
    My grandparents bought an Intellivision, but the only game I really remember playing there was some sort of football game.

Burger Time?

Current Games:

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

Atari 2600.

gamertag - Swaffle House

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

i'm pretty sure some of you still remember the famous konami code XD

some websites have this as their easter egg

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Magnavox Odyssey was my 1st one, released in late 70s.

I think I was 5 or 6 when my parents bought it lol, shows my age I guess =)

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832
    Originally posted by jdnewell

Magnavox Odyssey was my 1st one, released in late 70s.
    I think I was 5 or 6 when my parents bought it lol, shows my age I guess =)

Don't feel bad man, that was my first console as well! 

PONG RULES!!!

(Well, at least in the '70s it did)

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• AlcananAlcanan Member UncommonPosts: 268

Atari 2600 as well. Loved it LOL

Alcanan

"The True North Strong and Free"
    "Faith Manages"

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

5 or 6 years old, it was the classic NES for me. back when light gun games such as duck hunt weren't demonized by overzealous parents and super whacked out animal rights activists.

• Gee, that would be PS3 for me. Mostly got it to play MSG4.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

The Atari 2600 for me as well with Breakout being an old family much loved game.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Back in the Day :)

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

me and my brother had the atari 2600

gamertag - Swaffle House