Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any positive feedback or latest interview

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

men this game is very hard to get detailled info ,either its old news like last year 

or bashing about the negative of real money transaction

aside from the very obvious and detailled bad rep about this game

what are the big point what server to play if any recommended setting etc 

i heard some had problem on login ,how can i prevent my graphic card from burning aside 

from not playing.

Comments

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

men this game is very hard to get detailed info about, either its old news like last year or bashing about the negative of real money transaction aside from the very obvious and detailled bad rep about this game.
    With good reason, There are some people who've been burned by the game, but in contrast there are people who are doing well because of the game.
    That said, there's been 'some' effort by MindArk & FPC to get more info out to the general populous.
    what are the big point
    Its a sandbox, you can play pretty much however you'd like to, within budget of course.
    what server to play if any
    No need to select a server, you just go straight in. This game has no zone-lines or server boundaries, or rather, they don't work the same way in this game.
    recommended settings
    Graphically as low as possible for low end machines.
    Internet Connection: ADSL or better
    Operating System: Windows XP or Vista
    Do you use Vista and have download or installation issues?
    Right click on the client software icon

Select 'Run as administrator' option

Computer Processor: Intel Core duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Series or better.
    Computer Memory: 2048 MB RAM or more
    Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series or better / ATI Radeon 2900 series or better.
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Sound Device: Direct X compatible sound device
    Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels
    Hard Drive Space: 10 GB of free space
    I heard some had problem on login, how can i prevent my graphic card from burning aside from not playing.
    There's no known fix for this problem, and there are very few reported cases of this problem.

My replies in blue. Most of the info you've asked for is on planetcalypso.com

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

• TorschenTorschen Member Posts: 78

About system reqs: I have  Amd Phenom x2 550 BE, 4Gb RAM, Radeon HD4850 and I can run EU at max with 1280x1024 2xFSAA:

Other PC in this house: Amd xp 3000+, 768MB RAM, GF 7600GT: EU runs at 'low' settings 1024x768 ok.

• DrakkhenDrakkhen Member Posts: 195

RMT aside, this game is actually a ton of fun!

It reminds me of Old School UO (minus pvp) with an art style to reminds me a bit of AC (If AC was updated to Cry2 that is).

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by Drakkhen

It reminds me of Old School UO (minus pvp) with an art style to reminds me a bit of AC (If AC was updated to Cry2 that is).

From what I can tell doing _anything_ in game costs money.  So unless you find spending money fun, or unless there are some 'fun' things you can do without needing money I'm not sure where the fun is.

Originally posted by sadeyx

From what I can tell doing _anything_ in game costs money.  So unless you find spending money fun, or unless there are some 'fun' things you can do without needing money I'm not sure where the fun is.

Sorry, you don't know what your talking about ...

I've been playing and I haven't spent a single DIME for anything.

I've used sweating to make PED from other players. I've then spent said PED on guns, armor, mining equipment ... all of which can make you PED. There is no reason to Deposit unless you're lazy and can't handle a challenge.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I've used sweating to make PED from other players. I've then spent said PED on guns, armor, mining equipment ... all of which can make you PED. There is no reason to Deposit unless you're lazy and can't handle a challenge.

OK, I may not know anything about the game, but I do know what is fun and what isnt.  from what I can tell 'sweating' enough to gain PED for the items of which you speak is certainly not fun.

And then sweating more to replace ammo and decay....  what your describing sounds like a korean styled grind, certainly not fun.

If there were things you could do in the game which didnt require PED (and I dont mean chatting) then there maybe something in the product fun enough to keep me there long enough that I may deposit or explore it further.

You must remember that EU isnt a 'game' as such.. its a virtual world, like second life... certainly not a game, certainly not my idea of fun.

OK, I may not know anything about the game, but I do know what is fun and what isnt.  from what I can tell 'sweating' enough to gain PED for the items of which you speak is certainly not fun.
    And then sweating more to replace ammo and decay....  what your describing sounds like a korean styled grind, certainly not fun.
    If there were things you could do in the game which didnt require PED (and I dont mean chatting) then there maybe something in the product fun enough to keep me there long enough that I may deposit or explore it further.
    You must remember that EU isnt a 'game' as such.. its a virtual world, like second life... certainly not a game, certainly not my idea of fun.

You throw around virtual world like it's supposed to be a bad thing. For me MMOs are virtual worlds, not a casual stroll through a themepark where half the rides are broken, or not completely finished, and the only thing left to do at the end of the visit is to ride the "Gear Run" rollercoster forever. 

It may appear to be a "Korean Grinder", but it's much, much closer to Ultima Online (Post Ren, as there isn't FFA PvP .. it's only in certain areas and no loot).

Sweating is no different than mining was in Ultima Online at launch. You work for what you earn, there is no instant gratification ... which in turn makes you feel like you really accomplished something.

EU is also not very solo friendly. It encourages grouping up from the very beginning. It's easier to sweat in groups since you can surround the mob so it doesn't run away, and it doesn't focus on hitting just one of you.

This leads to an interesting community. You have your occasional scammers but most are friendly, helpful and some even go out of their way to help you get to various Teleporters (The world is HUGE and having TPs unlocked saves you massive amounts of time). A few Societies help new players who don't deposit by giving them higher valued items and gear for sweat (The TT value is higher than what you'd get for the sweat if sold at the going rate of .5 = 100).

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

You throw around virtual world like it's supposed to be a bad thing. For me MMOs are virtual worlds, not a casual stroll through a themepark where half the rides are broken, or not completely finished, and the only thing left to do at the end of the visit is to ride the "Gear Run" rollercoster forever. 

It may appear to be a "Korean Grinder", but it's much, much closer to Ultima Online (Post Ren, as there isn't FFA PvP .. it's only in certain areas and no loot).

Sweating is no different than mining was in Ultima Online at launch. You work for what you earn, there is no instant gratification ... which in turn makes you feel like you really accomplished something.

EU is also not very solo friendly. It encourages grouping up from the very beginning. It's easier to sweat in groups since you can surround the mob so it doesn't run away, and it doesn't focus on hitting just one of you.

This leads to an interesting community. You have your occasional scammers but most are friendly, helpful and some even go out of their way to help you get to various Teleporters (The world is HUGE and having TPs unlocked saves you massive amounts of time). A few Societies help new players who don't deposit by giving them higher valued items and gear for sweat (The TT value is higher than what you'd get for the sweat if sold at the going rate of .5 = 100).

In this "game" you are Korean grinding that sweat like you are a gold farmer. And you aren't getting paid.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• liumlium Member Posts: 138

sry this made me lol, you know the chalenge you talk about is more like no life hours spending in front of creturures atempting to gather few peds.

how about just geting job and take that as chalenge, i know is hard to wake up early every day :)