Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion

BlinxerBlinxer Member CommonPosts: 120

I'm on the free trial, but I'm thinking of getting one of the expansions. So really what I need to now is what expansion do what. Also which you think is the best.

Comments

• leonardlimleonardlim Member Posts: 2

Notum Wars : Tower attack and Defense (Booster Pack)

Shadowlands : come with Notum Wars booster pack, have a new land known as Jobe, range of new creatures, items and skills. New class : Keeper , Shade (Keeper @ Paladin), (Shade @ Parasite class) (Expansion pack)

Alien Invasion : come with Notum Wars booster pack, AI talks about base defence and attack, allows you to defend your org base or launch an attack in the alien mothership. New alien technology items.... and it have alien exp too.

What is the best? I would say.... all of it. From booster to expansion. It worth the money . But i have not tried AI, but i would say, Shadowlands is the real AO :) But according to my org, AI is the fun part.

So if u are not worrying about finacial, get all the expansion and give a try. A tip : if u want to do leveling, u start out from subway then temple of tree winds till lvl 60 and from lvl 60 ++ go to jobe and do your other part of lvling (if u have SL right now). If not, try cyborg barracks which u need a team before going there.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by leonardlim
    ...Shadowlands is the real AO :) ...

...SL destroyed the concept of AO with the idea of having to camp for EVERYTHING & adding crazy amounts of downtime. Notum Wars was the pvp-booster pack (& came before SL), SL is a EverQuest gone sci-fi.

On http://www.mmogchart.com/ you can see that 2 months after SL there is a big dent in number of subscribers, also look at some posts around the time SL was launched.

Only thing ShadowLands has going is nice graphics (compared to Rubi-Ka), but balance between classes where destroyed with SL & several got there main skills nerfed into oblivion (traders,fixers,crats that I think of mostly).

AI is more of a guild expansion until the dungeon with AI mobs/items gets patched in.

Stay in Free AO for now (unless it starts to become empty).

*Sig virus help me spread*

• tasteetastee Member Posts: 65

Stick with the Free for now.. you have alot to learn this game has a steep learning curve.. There is plenty to do before that year is up.. take advantage of it..  Start new toons and try various spots etc.. no harm done if u die at least you dont ahve to go searching for a body. By the end of this year will have more knowledge and know more about your Character as well as yourself then 90% of the noobs running around SL making asses of themselves.

While SL may have advangtages so does the original AO if your are lucky enough to find the right people/org to help you along your path. I suggest forgetting about all other games and take this for waht it is.. I began just after Launch and was expecting to see a sci-fi EQ.. I hated it and quit.. also cause of lag and bugsimage but i came back again after also doing the same thing in DAOC.. trying to make it EQ..

I just told myself to slow down and take it easy.. smell the roses... I have never left AO again..excpet for a cpl beta attempts....This game is truly what you make it. sounds cliche but its very true..

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

Unless you are in a big guild and/or are into PvP dont bother with Notum Wars

Unless you are in a big guild and/or are high level (which you wont be since youre a freebie currently) dont bother with Alien Invasion

Therefore is you are going to go for an expansion go for Shadowlands - but I'd stick with the freebie for a while personally

• BlinxerBlinxer Member CommonPosts: 120

I think I'm going to stick with free for now. But after that I'm going to get SL becuase I really wanna play shade