Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

broke down and bought aion :0

greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

Aion is the first mmo I've actually spent money on since wow + expansions.   The main three reasons are: one, because it seemed more polished and intelligently crafted than any I've tried since wow.  Two, because I finally started getting hooked towards the end of my time in the beta, mainly because I switched to group questing instead of soloing.  Three, because I've seen numberous times on this forum that it really gets fun end-game as long as you enjoy pvping (that's me!).  Wish me luck. 

Comments

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

Have fun!

Edit:  I didn't like the game myself after about 33 levels.  However I would never tell someone not to buy it.  Everyone should experience it first hand to decide for themselves.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Good luck and have fun!

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Good luck and hope you enjoy it.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

Your positive and optimistic attitude has no place here!  You sicken me!'

:p

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

Great Choice! :)

• xiirotxiirot Fallen Earth CorrespondentMember Posts: 328

Kudos to you for finding a game you enjoy!

I also have found my GOC (game of choice). It's not Aion though.

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448

aion an intelligent MMO? LOL

just cause it's made by asians doesn't mean it's intelligent LOL

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

I'm currently downloading the 6.5g client atm. At about 99k/s, that should only take me about 24 hours?

I hope download rate goes up later tonight.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
    -Yes.

• xiirotxiirot Fallen Earth CorrespondentMember Posts: 328
    Originally posted by rr2real

So is it a very pretty calculator??

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Good choice for you ppl starting, a great game.

• ReckerRecker Member Posts: 161

I hope you like, I am so far, beware of some hardcore grind after 38ish. No seriously the grind after 38 is really long so hitting 50 is tough. best of luck

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757
    Originally posted by rr2real

I agree but I'm talking about what I noticed about the game not asians. 

Originally posted by madeux

Your positive and optimistic attitude has no place here!  You sicken me!'

:p

I almost made myself sick.  I normally just come here to bash lousy mmo's.

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/255575/page/1

Pretty well sums up my thoughts.

Have fun.

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257
    Originally posted by Recker

I hope you like, I am so far, beware of some hardcore grind after 38ish. No seriously the grind after 38 is really long so hitting 50 is tough. best of luck

Yeh pretty bad but the next patch is addressing the grind factors from lvl 27 forward

Originally posted by zigmund

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/255575/page/1
    Pretty well sums up my thoughts.
    Have fun.

That's why you need something else to spice things up before, during, and after you play.  Then it's fun.

• ReckerRecker Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by Sarbocabras

Originally posted by Recker

Yeh pretty bad but the next patch is addressing the grind factors from lvl 27 forward

I dont know what your doign at 27 but i didnt have to do any hardcore grinding till 38

Why does the game quit every time you disconnect from the server?  Pretty dumb.  Don't they think I might just want to log back in?

• PharoinPharoin Member Posts: 90

I bought it also but i cant play it until i get back to the states but im looking forward to it also...except that tiny people thing lol

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

once you start to pvpve  you ll be too busy having fun lol

Originally posted by Pharoin

I bought it also but i cant play it until i get back to the states but im looking forward to it also...except that tiny people thing lol

Yeah, that is weird.  They really need to narrow the height slider to make it less goofy. 

Level 10 and it's fairly fun so far.  I wish you could fly in more places.  You work to get daeva or whatever and you should be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor right away instead of being told "you can't fly here".   I was also confused thinking I was going to get wings for the wing slot.  I guess that's just for upgrading?