Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda + Lucas Arts: You know where this is going.

DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Seriously this is a team up I would love to see. An open ended, sandbox, single player RPG in the star wars universe. Hell I would even be happy if it only took place on one planet (a little disappointed though) .

Anyone else?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Comments

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Not a Star Wars fan, but I do love Bethesda. I don't see too many games that LA is involved in that were fun. KOTRO 1 and 2? That's the only Star Wars games I've ever enjoyed.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Bethesda and someone else certainly. Ditch the Star Wars though because as much as I love the films and have even enjoyed a number of Star Wars games I'm kind of sick to death of seeing them get churned out over and over again every couple of years. New original settings get my vote.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I see what you both are saying about star wars games usually being lack luster. However in the right hands they can be quite engaging (SW:KOTOR series). Ever since I first played galaxies I always felt Bethesda would have done a much better job with a SW sandbox. Maybe it's just me though haha.

I definitely want to see something new from them in the near future (outside of a couple shooters).

Don't get me wrong I know full well this would most likely never happen.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

No that may have been what he was saying but its not what I was getting at. Its simply the case that for me I no longer get excited about Star Wars games because I have seen so many of them. Some of them are good.....some of them not so good. Either way I dont care because its "just another Star Wars game". We will see another one come out within the next 5 years......and the next 5 years after that.....and so on. We will still be seeing bloody Star Wars games 50 years from now.

So like I said it would be great to see Bethesda team up with someone......but not Lucas Arts. I think their talents would be wasted on "yet another Star Wars game" when they could team up with someone else to make something new and interesting that hasnt been done to death.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

bethesda and bioware.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

I just want my elder scrolls or fallout mmo damnit! : (

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by greed0104

Project V13 <- Link

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by krieblood

Project V13 <- Link

Thought Bethesda and Interplay was still in a legal battle over this. And as far as I know Interplay is no longer the IP holder. Should also mention I want Bethesda in full control of the MMO. I don't think Interplay has the capability of making a decent fallout MMO.

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223

Originally posted by krieblood

Project V13 <- Link

Thought Bethesda and Interplay was still in a legal battle over this. And as far as I know Interplay is no longer the IP holder. Should also mention I want Bethesda in full control of the MMO. I don't think Interplay has the capability of making a decent fallout MMO.

Press Release Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:38 pm

EVERLY HILLS, CA, April 2, 2009 – Interplay Entertainment Corp. (OTC BB:IPLY) announced today that the company has signed a binding letter of intent with Masthead Studios to fund the development of a Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG), code named “Project: V13.”

The game has been in design and development at Interplay since November 2007. Masthead and Interplay teams will work together under the direction and control of Interplay to complete development of the project.

As a part of the agreement, the game will utilize Masthead’s proprietary tools and MMOG technology developed for Masthead’s “Earthrise” project.

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Am I wrong that the deal with Bethsoft, and Interplay was that they had to start soon? I remember reading something about that, so it would appear by the link above, interplay  started in 07 so they should still hold the license. Am I off my rocker?

• Ditch Lucas Arts. Bethesda can easy solo. We already got our Fallout converted with Gamebryo.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

The elder scrolls one for me please