Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ToR tab discovered.

"Update 10/10/09: a new "working" link was found today http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/space-combat credit to Sunyata. My only curiosity on this find is why both Space and Space-Combat work , it is possible one of them will not be used."

As you can see the ending to the link ends with "space-combat". This means space combat may be in the game. Remember this is still speculation until confirmed.

Source: swtor.com/community/showthread.php

Here is an image as an example when the ending text is changed in the link.

Comments

• OdelaOdela Member Posts: 120

Yeah there's ones for story and a few others too.

Neat.

• Wookiee6648Wookiee6648 Member Posts: 131

needless to say there are a ton of things in this game we have not even gotten into yet.   Next few months should bring us some good info.

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221

no one wants an action game in an mmoRPG

look at what it did to swg all jtls did was allow the damn action twich arcade gamers in and they are the ones who whined to $OE about how swg needed to be more like wow.

oh and hey look at how well a wow star wars has done with the nge.

point is bioware needs to take notes and see what gamers really want.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Originally posted by stillcrying

look at what it did to swg all jtls did was allow the damn action twich arcade gamers in and they are the ones who whined to $OE about how swg needed to be more like wow.

I liked the twitch combat TBH. felt like star wars to me.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by tillamook

tilla thank you for showing your true colors

at one time i remember you helped swing the flag of those of us who $OE screwed over and now you are a sellout you have sold your fellow vets out for a new shiny nge

tilla come back to the swg vet forum and help the fight to get our pre-cu back i know you miss all of us and the two of us had been friends

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by stillkillin

Are you honestly complaining about them adding twitch space combat into TOR? Really? What would you rather have, boring Eve point and click space combat or no space at all? Both seem like terrible options when compared to twitch based sim style space combat. Sign me up for that.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

How is it you have become the universal ambassador for everyone? Please refrain from speaking for others in the future.

Great find you have there OP! I never got into JTL and kinda regret that. I wouldn't mind giving space a shot this time around.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Abrahmm

Are you honestly complaining about them adding twitch space combat into TOR? Really? What would you rather have, boring Eve point and click space combat or no space at all? Both seem like terrible options when compared to twitch based sim style space combat. Sign me up for that.

eve is 100 times better then jtls

i want huge fleets of ships not a few little fighters buzzing around for the quake players i want people thinking when they move their ships in not playing it like a game of unreal

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I loved the twitch aspect of JtL.  Being a higher level pilot could help with the twitch quite a bit, and it was not anywhere near the cause of the downfall of SWG.  If you think that, you are just lying to yourself.

Would be great for some twitch space fighting in TOR.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by Swanea

I loved the twitch aspect of JtL.  Being a higher level pilot could help with the twitch quite a bit, and it was not anywhere near the cause of the downfall of SWG.  If you think that, you are just lying to yourself.

I agree. I only found SWG because I looked on LucasArts website to see if they had any newer X-Wing style games, and I found JTL. I ended up falling in love with the ground game more than JTL, but I played JTL a bit when I first started. Good fun. I'm dying for a good online twitch based space sim, and since JGE is looking to suck big time, I'd love to see it in TOR.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

i want huge fleets of ships not a few little fighters buzzing around for the quake players i want people thinking when they move their ships in not playing it like a game of unreal

Pretty obvious someone never played X-Wing/TIE Fighter, or even Freespace for that matter. Sorry, but clicking 'orbit' then turning on your guns until someone blows up isn't exactly exciting, or in the spirit of Star Wars. Sounds to me like you just absolutely sucked at dogfighting.

Honestly, the JTL expansion was about the only good thing SOE did to SWG. In my opinion, of course.

I agree. I only found SWG because I looked on LucasArts website to see if they had any newer X-Wing style games, and I found JTL. I ended up falling in love with the ground game more than JTL, but I played JTL a bit when I first started. Good fun. I'm dying for a good online twitch based space sim, and since JGE is looking to suck big time, I'd love to see it in TOR.

and what would you rather

what tor looks like right now?

or tor to be a full on sandbox game that everyone would love?

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 427

Everyone would not love a full on sandbox. Some would, some would not. This is not going to be a sandbox, from the moment BioWare announced there would be a SW:TOR it was not going to be a sandbox. BioWare is in no way responsible for what LA and SOE did to your beloved game.....this is not the game you are looking for......

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

and what would you rather

what tor looks like right now?

or tor to be a full on sandbox game that everyone would love?

"What TOR looks right now?"

Right now TOR looks like a concept we've been told little about. It's so far up in the air what TOR actually is right now, I get dizzy trying to think about it. I'd prefer a sandbox (SWG2) made by bioware for sure. But that's not what's on the table right now. Just because there's no steak doesn't mean I can't have the chicken and enjoy it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

at one time i remember you helped swing the flag of those of us who $OE screwed over and now you are a sellout you have sold your fellow vets out for a new shiny nge

tilla come back to the swg vet forum and help the fight to get our pre-cu back i know you miss all of us and the two of us had been friends

Not really my conversation to be a part of but, actually you are the one blocking any form of "friendship" due to him having a different opinion and that pissing you off.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by stillkillin no one wants an action game in an mmoRPG

Tie Fighter > EVE.

I win.

/endthread

• KupoKupopoKupoKupopo Member Posts: 189

Troll much?

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830

At least Eve doesn't have Jar Jar Binks.

• Rogue_LeaderRogue_Leader Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Lateris

/Win (derailment over.)

Back to the topic at hand.  If combat in SW:ToR is anything like it was in KoToR we'll be sitting in turrets shooting at small fighters.

Here's hoping you can fly the ships this time.  At this point I'm not expecting to own my own capitol ship.  None of the classes revealed would bother.  Now if they release 'Republic Admiral' and 'Sith Fleet Commander' as classes I'll start to get my hopes up.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Nice find! I hope that means that space combat will be around at launch. The fact that they are already preparing a page with information about it is a good sign.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Originally posted by Lateris

Not sure what's worse to be honest, Jar Jar Binks, or Starfield screen saver 2.0.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• falphfalph Member UncommonPosts: 22

I wonder if it would be technologically feasible to make a hybrid of EVE/TIE Fighter where the larger capital ships controlled like EVE i.e more tactically and slower, and the smaller ships like X-Wings would be manned by players in a twitch dog fight type gameplay...that way the tactical lovers could command fleets and when they ordered the X-Wings or TIEs to dispatch, they were manned by actual players instead of generic AI. Probably some flaws in doing it that way, but seems like kind of a cool idea at the time. :)

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by xphil3

I wonder if it would be technologically feasible to make a hybrid of EVE/TIE Fighter where the larger capital ships controlled like EVE i.e more tactically and slower, and the smaller ships like X-Wings would be manned by players in a twitch dog fight type gameplay...that way the tactical lovers could command fleets and when they ordered the X-Wings or TIEs to dispatch, they were manned by actual players instead of generic AI. Probably some flaws in doing it that way, but seems like kind of a cool idea at the time. :)

I always liked the idea of multi passanger controlled ships. IE large ship 10 turrets, 10 players to gun, 1 to control the ship. I could see massive guild faction battles taking place in space, fleets of small and large ships fighting in large scale battles. That's pretty much what I want, considering how visual the ground terrain is, I could only imagine the intensity of twitch based space combat and how well it would look visually. My next concern would be ship customizations.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by xphil3

This game you speak of is already in the works. It's called Black Prophecy. You should check it out.

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

Awesome, this may nullify the argument that STO is better than TOR, now that it both ground and space combat.