Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any chance of a fresh start server?

kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Talking to a bddy last night, and realised if they did a fresh start server, i'd resub.  i loved it when they opened the euro-servers.  So after the recent closure, a fresh start one makes a lot of sense.  Probably no chance, but what the hell.

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by kilun

Talking to a bddy last night, and realised if they did a fresh start server, i'd resub.  i loved it when they opened the euro-servers.  So after the recent closure, a fresh start one makes a lot of sense.  Probably no chance, but what the hell.

They did that a few years ago...it's called TCPrime. Although many players claim they'd love a "fresh start", VERY few ever mean it. The benefits of TCP are 4-characters per account and double XP all the time, occasionally more. If you're serious, start a toon there.

{mod edit}

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by kilun

Only interested if it didn't use NGE rules.

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Closest you might get to that is a lower population server such as Sunrunner, I recently transferred there from Infinity and the community has been very welcoming.

Seems a nice place to start over so far.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278
    Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

Closest you might get to that is a lower population server such as Sunrunner, I recently transferred there from Infinity and the community has been very welcoming.
    Seems a nice place to start over so far.

Sunrunner, which was my home server is very much a ghost town (at least it was during the last vet trial).

So yes the population is very VERY low (so if you want that, they've got it in spades). BUT, the landscape is still riddled with dead cities which makes it quite different from a fresh server.

• depaindepain Member Posts: 263

I personally would buy the game again if they opened up a fresh server - nge or not.

• FadeToBlack3FadeToBlack3 Member Posts: 89

Well they just announced the closing of 12 servers so it seems unlikely.

Wolfenpride: <--Giant fucking sword syndrome.

Probably cause im trying to compensate for miniscule manhood.

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

Hmmm, they are just about to close 12 servers. What can they possible use them for? OMG! I know, but it aint gonna happen. So... FO SOE

/rant off

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Given that most of the current destination only servers are suffering from low population numbers, I highly doubt that $OE will create a fresh start server. You can go to servers like Sunrunner, Gorath or Radiant and get a close feel. Sure, there are ruins littering the landscape, but hopefully $OE will do another house pack-up shortly after the server closings which will allow players to have a shot at cities and premium real estate. That maybe your best time to return.