Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

corbantis vet.. where to go ?

blueshadowblueshadow Member CommonPosts: 146

I am confused. I am an old Vet from  Corbantis. Have not played for years but will move my characters. Any tips? I am considering Starisder, Chillastra and Flurry.

Doubt I  will return.. but should it happen. I want a server thats alive with a good atmosphere and people that are kind and helpful to each other with a healthy economic and a little bit of RP. Just like good old Corbantis in its glory days.

Comments

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

i use to be a Jedi knight, same as your father in the old Pre-cu times.

be for the dark times be for the NGE.. the young Jedi name Smedly was a padawan of mine be for he turn to evil..

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Originally posted by blueshadow

I am confused. I am an old Vet from  Corbantis. Have not played for years but will move my characters. Any tips? I am considering Starisder, Chillastra and Flurry.
    Doubt I  will return.. but should it happen. I want a server thats alive with a good atmosphere and people that are kind and helpful to each other with a healthy economic and a little bit of RP. Just like good old Corbantis in its glory days.

The only server that has a population closely  reminiscent of Pre-NGE times is Starsider, but that server does suffer from frequent lag and crashes. The next most populated servers respectively are Flurry and Blood fin, and while they do not have the 24/7 players on like Starsider, they do not have the same lag and crashing issues. Bria and Chilastra fall close in line, but there is a precipitous population drop off after that.

The more populated the server, the better the economy is generally, but keep in mind, that the game is seriously loot oriented now. The inflation may catch you off guard. The TCG loot lottery cards represents some of the most desired loot in the game currently. You will have a chance to play since you are transferring your toons, so I suggest playing the game and seeing for yourself.

There may be a small increase of players returning to transfer their toons (to avoid the $50 per toon transfer later) and to see the new October Zombie content, but there is no doubt that the game continues to decline. No surprises considering $OE's pathetic mismanagement and the age of the game.

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

Just stay away, there are much better games out there than this. If you want sci-fi i think its gonna be worth while waiting for SW-TOR, STO or Stargate. If not i recommendt LotrO for great PvE experience and story.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• jakfoxjakfox Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by Hauken

Just stay away, there are much better games out there than this. If you want sci-fi i think its gonna be worth while waiting for SW-TOR, STO or Stargate. If not i recommendt LotrO for great PvE experience and story.

I agree.

With little to no time left for this MMO, it would be a pain for you to get set up again only to have the game shut down. 

There still isn't a GCW update, which has been on the table for nearly 3 years.  Don't even get me started on a colision detection system, gardening, captial ships, an expansion, ect ect ect...

/bail out.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Ah, Corbantis...  That's where I mostly played as well.

My server recommendation is Nova.  (Google is your friend.)

• I-s-k-akaJOI-s-k-akaJO Member Posts: 5

Was on Bria from beta on... I wish they would kill the whole game.

Soon though, soon it will be as empty as can be!

I just hope the NGE mindset and expectations do not corrupt the new game.... I mean imagine if they were involved... oh man.

I made beta and I can safely say there is NOT one beta tester yet that wants the game to be like ANYTHING at all part of what the NGE had in it.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by blueshadow

Wise move. Ya never know...SoE could sell the game to Frogster ;)

Here's my suggestion: One to Starsider and one to Flurry, if you have a 3rd, Chilly. Those are the 3 largest servers, therefore the least likely to be closed. Considering the amazing success they had with their first FCTS, I fully expect SoE to follow it up with more.

Splitting characters/servers is the new norm. Server, like faction and guild loyalty, is a thing of the past.