Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth - Post Apocalyptic PvP?

ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

Hello

I am wondering about the PvP in Fallen Earth. I am on the fence about buying the game currently, and hearing a bit about the PvP could tip me one way or the other.

I am a huge fan of PvP in MMO's, and I prefer well thought out and nicely crafted PvP systems in the games I play. How is the PvP in Fallen Earth? Is it dynamic? A lot of variety? Fun? Challenging? Fair? Unfair? Boring? Limited? Is it all open or do you have to be "flagged" in order to combat others?

Please discuss this topic, as I'm sure many are wondering just how the Player vs Player plays out in this game. How is the endgame in PvP for example?

Comments

• DradiinDradiin Member Posts: 259

While i love playing FE, the PvP is kind of a tacked on last minute type of thing. I guess the high level or end level stuff has a point to it, but if you even try to enter a PvP zone before end game your cannon fodder for the high level asshats who populate all those low level zones/sectors.

Reason that the high levels camp out in these areas is not only is it the only place for PvP there are resources in these areas that yield high amounts and quality. So you hit end game then go farm the resource nodes in the low levels all the while one shotting the low level players who want to enjoy PvP for there range. Seems a bit short sighted from the developers, but i have hope this might get addressed, maybe a "chicken" thing from like Warhammer when high levels enter low level PvP zone.

Also, if you think yer gonna melee very well against all those riflemen or pistol toting  players.... rethink this quickly.

• pmcubedpmcubed Member Posts: 289

Well, if you're looking to PvP right away, like Warhammer allows for.  You really can't.  Section 1 is really a tutorial until you get to section 2 and choose a faction.  I am an AP whore so I have done every quest in every city in section one.  I was about level 19 or 20 when i finished, which took me probably over 30 hours.  

In section 1, PvP is very very limited.  There really is no point to it, even if you wanted to grab better scavenge nodes.  Its not forced, and any high level person could be there waiting for you to kick your ass, but you will have chances to PvP with other curious players around your level too at some point.

Unfortunately I am melee, and its sort of bad against ranged players who can kite you.  I also get a lot of rubber-banding still.  Which really sucks when trying to PvP.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

All I know is that there is a shitload of skills and tactics to be tried, not only general weapon ascociated skills, but also faction rewards, food buffs, first aid and a lot of mutagenic stuff. And you get to choose where to invest points in, it isn't class bound. In my opinion the perfect playground for those who like doctoring their own perfect pvp builds.

Personally I can't tell you much more because of the lack of larger pvp area's in S1, but I had a few snipe kills from a watchtower which was fun. And as a ranged / crafter build I was utterly butchered by melee users a few times.

PvP is fast paced with real time targeting and shooting but not as bunny hopperish as some FPS's. Pretty realistic in my opinion.

There is a lot of dicussion about balance between melee, handgun and rifle users. Hard to say which one is OP at this moment. All of them have something to complain / moan about and all of them have advantages. Still, there seems to be consensus on handguns being the dps way to go. Drawback is their rapid ammo consumption.

• dspawndspawn Member Posts: 37

not to disregard other people posts but i pvp'd alot at levels 10-15 and never really met a high level ganker. And honestly if your high enough to be in s2 your going to find better resource nodes in s2 then you are in s1 pvp areas.

and whats that about melee not standing a chance against riflemen/pistoleers? are we playing the same game here?

i'm a rifleman and melee scare the living crap out of me... even at max sniper range, with all there speed buffs they more often then not catch up to me, stun or knock me down and i'm a goner before i can finish reloading.