Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System requirements

I recently bought myself a new pc (the Acer Aspire M5201 but upgraded the graphic card -see stats-). My system specs are:

AMD Athlon II X4 620 with 4x2.6GHZ (optimized for Win7 and Turbo Mode, although I don't know how this works).

8Gb ddr2 800

Nvidea GTX275

Win Vista 64bit but will be upgraded to Win 7 64bit as soon as it comes out.

With a full HD screen.

Is it possible to play AoC with this system in 1920x1080 with DX10 on and weverything on max? And what FPS will i gain?

Comments

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by robby5403

I recently bought myself a new pc (the Acer Aspire M5201 but upgraded the graphic card -see stats-). My system specs are:
    AMD Athlon II X4 620 with 4x2.6GHZ (optimized for Win7 and Turbo Mode, although I don't know how this works).
    8Gb ddr2 800
    Nvidea GTX275
    With a full HD screen.
    Is it possible to play AoC with this system in 1920x1080 with DX10 on and weverything on max? And what FPS will i gain?

It should run it just fine in DX10. I have a gtx260 and get 30-50 fps with most settings on full. However, in raids I have to use DX9 (or turn of particles) as fps drops to 10-15 in DX10. I think you can expect 40-70 fps in the world, but this might drop to 20 in a particle blasting raid or siege.

The only bottleneck in your system appears to be the DDR2 ram (and possibly mobo) ,but the impact should not be too bad.

• robby5403robby5403 Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by Aercus

8Gb ddr2 800
    Nvidea GTX275
    With a full HD screen.

It should run it just fine in DX10. I have a gtx260 and get 30-50 fps with most settings on full. However, in raids I have to use DX9 (or turn of particles) as fps drops to 10-15 in DX10. I think you can expect 40-70 fps in the world, but this might drop to 20 in a particle blasting raid or siege.

The only bottleneck in your system appears to be the DDR2 ram (and possibly mobo) ,but the impact should not be too bad.

Hmm according to sites and magazins ddr3 runs not much faster then ddr2 (in games you get around 4-5 fps more at around 90 FPS avarage). The only big thing is the energie savings :P

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

8Gb ddr2 800
    Nvidea GTX275
    With a full HD screen.

I think the system is fine. I have something close, but different video card. I have an ATI 3870x2 and some zones in AOC run smooth as silk with dx10 and everything maxed (Thunder River for example). Other zones like Old T I'm lucky if I can move two feet.

Openedge1 has the new 5800 cards and he can run AoC DX10 just fine in all zones. So I think it really depends on what card you use in my opinion. I don't know anything about Nvidia cards but from what I've read over several posts nvidia users always get higher FPS compared to ATI users in AoC.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• ArgeanArgean Member Posts: 126

You should be ok for DX10 but will have to run at something less then max. You vid card will handle it no problem, but your cpu may not be up for the task. The game does not support 4 cores so it will only be using two of them. A clock speed of 2.6 is a little low unless you can overclock it to around 3.0 or better. Most of the peeps that I play with that can run DX10 with no problems are running duel cards. So all I can say is just play with the settings and see what works for you.

Eve-Online

• robby5403robby5403 Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by Argean

You should be ok for DX10 but will have to run at something less then max. You vid card will handle it no problem, but your cpu may not be up for the task. The game does not support 4 cores so it will only be using two of them. A clock speed of 2.6 is a little low unless you can overclock it to around 3.0 or better. Most of the peeps that I play with that can run DX10 with no problems are running duel cards. So all I can say is just play with the settings and see what works for you.

If the game needs more performance the amd goes in turbo mode and overclocks itself :P