Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any Jumpgate Noise?

For a game thats suppose to come out in September 09, it sure is pretty quiet.

Anybody know what the true release date is? At this time, beta hasn't even started. I would guess Netdevil has no idea how to launch this game.

Comments

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by JudgeRoyBean

For a game thats suppose to come out in September 09, it sure is pretty quiet.
    Anybody know what the true release date is? At this time, beta hasn't even started. I would guess Netdevil has no idea how to launch this game.

Obviously you don't bother to read the JGE forums. ND has a few mmo's under their belt so they do at least know how to launch a mmo but they have not set a release date so 09/09 is just a guess by the vendors to try to get your pre-order money.

ND has stated that they are not releasing even the open beta till the game is as fun as they want it to be. So we can expect a high lvl of polish for JGE and they already have combat nailed down so it's really just a matter of content and the quality of it. I'm hoping they are adding cool things to the husk capture pvp. They already have some sweat looking ships that I can't wait to own. :)

• adrianemeryadrianemery Member Posts: 250

UK retailers have the lauch down somewhere between October and November and I wouldn't be surprised if it rolled into 2010.

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

I don't think we will see this game released in 2009—although the beta will likely begin in the fall.  Since NetDevil was acquired by Gazillion, I am guessing they have the additional funding to delay and polish for as long as they feel is necessary.

• Been pretty quiet lately. Hopefully it means they're busy making the game.

• tamgrostamgros Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Axxar

Been pretty quiet lately. Hopefully it means they're busy making the game.

I think this is it. I talked to the owner of ND at the PAX Meet 'n Greet and he didn't seem in any sort of hurry. They want to make a great game and aren't going to stop development/release until they get that done.

I believe him because they already have several MMOs out.  The proceeds from that, and the fact they only have 20 devs, makes it so they are probably pretty financially secure.  Also, they've already totally revamped two of their systems (PvE and economy).  This is rare and awesome. This makes me have more confidence...

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

Would be nice to see the Beta start before the end of the year. Polish is always nice on a game , but it also really increases the expectations of the consumer.

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more