Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zzzzzzzzz... bored out of my pants and quit :/

Comments

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

Edit: Forget flying combat, the camera keep switching from side to side and you almost can't see what you are doing, the only way I saw to counter this is to not move while fighting in the air. Boring.

I think you can change the camera functions so it does not move and stays where you put it. No smart camera or whatever they call it.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I wanted to like Aion; I really did. The graphics are nice, the world has some flavor to it, the character mechanics and skills seemed pretty diversified and it had a nice "polished" feel to it.

After two weeks of play, I had already quit and unsubscribed.

I can't even define what it is that I didn't like. Maybe it was how my mage's armor model never really changed besides a few elements of scrollwork and different colors. Maybe it was not being able to fly in all of the zones, or the limited flight timer. Maybe it was how my "weapons" looked boring and mundane compared to the elaborate equipment used by the melee classes; I don't know. I do know that doing the quests and fighting monsters just held no excitement for me. Perhaps I was expecting something different instead of more of the same generic MMO I've played for 10 years.

To those who might say, "the game begins at 25" or "40" or whatever; I would counter that the game is going to die. A game cannot start being fun any later than level 1. Your average player (not hardcore, not an hour a week) won't be at max level after the first month of play, so to get them to keep paying for a game it has to be FUN.

Frankly, I don't even care about the money; Aion just wasn't fun for me. I'd rather play WOW/LOTRO/WAR/etc etc. To those who are enjoying it, I wish you the best and hope the game persists.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Talin

I wanted to like Aion; I really did. The graphics are nice, the world has some flavor to it, the character mechanics and skills seemed pretty diversified and it had a nice "polished" feel to it.
    After two weeks of play, I had already quit and unsubscribed.
    I can't even define what it is that I didn't like. Maybe it was how my mage's armor model never really changed besides a few elements of scrollwork and different colors. Maybe it was not being able to fly in all of the zones, or the limited flight timer. Maybe it was how my "weapons" looked boring and mundane compared to the elaborate equipment used by the melee classes; I don't know. I do know that doing the quests and fighting monsters just held no excitement for me. Perhaps I was expecting something different instead of more of the same generic MMO I've played for 10 years.
    To those who might say, "the game begins at 25" or "40" or whatever; I would counter that the game is going to die. A game cannot start being fun any later than level 1. Your average player (not hardcore, not an hour a week) won't be at max level after the first month of play, so to get them to keep paying for a game it has to be FUN.
    Frankly, I don't even care about the money; Aion just wasn't fun for me. I'd rather play WOW/LOTRO/WAR/etc etc. To those who are enjoying it, I wish you the best and hope the game persists.

Actually, in my experience, the game ceases to be fun by the mid 30s. Anyone loving the game, who still hasn't hit level 30, been there, done that. Expect things to change for the worse. If you don't like the game pre-30 and are hoping things will improve at higher levels? It doesn't.

This is yet another in a string of MMOs that look good with limited game play, but once you progress deeper into the game, fatal flaws in the design become obvious. That this game crashed and burned for me after just two weeks shows how flawed it is. I got more play out of the deeply flawed AoC than I have out of this mess.

Interesting how adept these companies are at identifying where the game turns sour and tailoring the betas to ensure people don't get that far. Why don't they overcome the flaws with additional development and improved game design, rather than focusing on how to obfuscate the flaws to maximize box sales on games destined to fail over time? Is it really a case of the marketing guys having a better grasp on the market than the lead designers?

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• scodavisscodavis Member Posts: 190

This game will be fine.  There will be plenty of people who like the PvP and the mechanics of the game.  Aion will be a successful niche game which is all it ever had a chance at being so good job, NcSoft.

That being said, I've canceled because the game simply bores me. 

I kept hearing, "wait until you get into the Abyss, everything changes!"  Actually, not so much except for the extreme drop in graphic quaility.  Seriously, I have not seen rocks rendered like that since Duke Nukem. 

I think I need to wait for a really good PVE game to come out.  We've tried PVE with PVP tacked on (WoW).  We've tried PVP with PVE tacked on (Aion).  We've even tried games that don't even WORK!  (warhammer)

I'd like to see some game maker with balls make a completely polished PVE game.  LoTR works for some people, so maybe I'll give that another shot.

• RocklynnRocklynn Member UncommonPosts: 104

Love the game myself. Heiron is a fun zone that opens up with quests when you ding 30. Keep pushing untill 30 and go there dude!=)

www.rocklynn.se

• Really enjoying the game myself. I'm thinking that people who have played games like FFXI or L2 will continue to love this game. Its challenging and nothing is handed to you. People who have only enjoyed games like WoW / LOTRO / WAR might find this game unappealing because of the grind factor.

Aion will continue to do well though, which is great for the mmorpg genre.

• ZsavoozZsavooz Member Posts: 532

I stopped at 25, can't bring myself to log in anymore. 

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

Yeah i got subs for CO & Aion and im bored of both, here's hoping the content update in champions on the 27 this month will grab my attention again.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Games like this either grab you or they don't.

I personally think WoW is a fine game but it just never, ever grabbed me. People have multiple 80's and I have some low lvl attempts at characters and I believe my highest is a lvl 38 warrior made the day the game launched.

However, Lineage 2 grabbed me. From the moment I saw the first pics on Gamespy I knew I wanted to at least try it.

Same thing with City of Heroes/Villains. A good game but I never go passed lvl 10. Just could't go on. Yet people swear by it.

There is a certain suspension of disbelief or however you want to call it, that players will adopt becuase the game just grabs them. So no worries, if people don't like it then I'm sure there will be plenty more games coming up.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Balzi3

lol hey slash you havent seen level 30+ yet lol.

hahahaha thats when the game really kicks in?

not realy, im lvl 34 and still doing the same types of quests go kill these to grind and repeating the same instance for no reason cuz the bosses never ever drop shit.  And worst of all as a assassin they took out one of the coolest ability which was the Mau Form.

• Tyvolus88Tyvolus88 Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by tkreep

Originally posted by Balzi3

lol hey slash you havent seen level 30+ yet lol.

hahahaha thats when the game really kicks in?

not realy, im lvl 34 and still doing the same types of quests go kill these to grind and repeating the same instance for no reason cuz the bosses never ever drop shit.  And worst of all as a assassin they took out one of the coolest ability which was the Mau Form.

A little over 10 years of playing MMOs and this can be said of every MMO I have ever played.  Look, you either like the MMO model of gaming or you dont.  Try another genre, MMOs are NOT FOR YOU.  I like MMOs, I know what to expect, I know what they offer -- and I am happy with it.

When I play a single player RPG, I know what to expect.  And I love those.  I know what FPS offer and I dont play or like those...see how this works ?

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

go play lost odyssey :D

• ShadowistShadowist Member Posts: 23

I switched from Aion to Fallen Earth for the same reasons.  Aion is BORING.  Same old crap I've already played  100 times with "new" art, same old anime-ish style though.

Anyway, I'm so glad I made the jump.  Fallen Earth is a much deeper game with an amazing storyline, fabulous community and awesome originality.

Guys if you are bored of the same old re-hashed wow-cloned mmo's, give FE a try.  It's a huge breath of fresh air and probably the best mmo to come out in years.

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Games like this either grab you or they don't.
    I personally think WoW is a fine game but it just never, ever grabbed me. People have multiple 80's and I have some low lvl attempts at characters and I believe my highest is a lvl 38 warrior made the day the game launched.
    However, Lineage 2 grabbed me. From the moment I saw the first pics on Gamespy I knew I wanted to at least try it.
    Same thing with City of Heroes/Villains. A good game but I never go passed lvl 10. Just could't go on. Yet people swear by it.
    There is a certain suspension of disbelief or however you want to call it, that players will adopt becuase the game just grabs them. So no worries, if people don't like it then I'm sure there will be plenty more games coming up.

I played dozens of MMOs, but I only got max level chars in SWG, EQ2 and LOTRO. Go figure. ;)

The rest I ususally break up at mid level section. I just have seen few MMOs which really keep me hooked beyond those mid levels. Usually I feel I stay too long in the same area killing the same mobs by then, the influx of new skills and gear is getting too slow and then I loose interest and make an alt or move on.

I am coming to the realizations MMOs may not really my sort of thing. I always dreamed of what I experience in pen and paper games, just on a larger scale with more people to mingle with, but most MMos are just mindless "fetch me 20 of X" rubbish. I hope SWTOR finally will make my dream MMO.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by Xasapis

As I already mentioned in another thread, some people just play the same game in a different manner entirely. Which of course, leads to a different overall experience.

Nah a boring game is a boring game.

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

Goodbye!!!!

Don't let the doorknob hit ya on the way out!!!! 

OP was prolly Asmo.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

Often times when people get out of their pants it's because something exciting is about to happen shortly, or maybe I am wrong.

• Tyvolus88Tyvolus88 Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Shadowist

I switched from Aion to Fallen Earth for the same reasons.  Aion is BORING.  Same old crap I've already played  100 times with "new" art, same old anime-ish style though.
    Anyway, I'm so glad I made the jump.  Fallen Earth is a much deeper game with an amazing storyline, fabulous community and awesome originality.
    Guys if you are bored of the same old re-hashed wow-cloned mmo's, give FE a try.  It's a huge breath of fresh air and probably the best mmo to come out in years.

"I switched from Aion to Fallen Earth for the same reasons."  -- If you say so.

Since FE has such a fab community, maybe you should spend more time there...with them...in that fab community.  Just an idea.

• ZhqrxtZhqrxt Member Posts: 152

The game allso bore me tbh. It lags customisation options. The gear have boring stats; exactly the same area Age of Conan and Warhamer failed in at launch - the two former have gone far to get that right lately though, those games just dont have players. As a spellcaster in Aion you basicly just need 1 stat ( Why.....no...spellcrit!!??). I allso dislike the auto upgrade of spells. The same spell/abillity automatic gain abit dmg when leveling up, at least there could have been abit specialization. Basicly, they need to add more to the rpg part; theese games dont have a hell of alot more to offer then building up a class, at least get that part interesting. Oh, and more variation in combat imo.

It should be so obvious.

Its RPG game: u build up a character - make that interesting. How do you build a character, by slaying thousands of mobs - make that interesting. Really simply tbh.

• BMFahrtzBMFahrtz Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Leucent

As I already mentioned in another thread, some people just play the same game in a different manner entirely. Which of course, leads to a different overall experience.

Nah different people like to play different things. People post on here like they are trying to convince others to stop playing said game.  Just because you don't like to play doesn't mean its crap.  

Originally posted by BMFahrtz

Nah different people like to play different things. People post on here like they are trying to convince others to stop playing said game.  Just because you don't like to play doesn't mean its crap.  

I really don t care who plays what, I m just saying it s a boring game. Not much else to say on the matter.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

As I already mentioned in another thread, some people just play the same game in a different manner entirely. Which of course, leads to a different overall experience

I really don t care who plays what, I m just saying it s a boring game. Not much else to say on the matter.

It's a boring game FOR YOU not for everyone can't you get this simple statement in your mind?...

Sounds like you've been wasting your time from the get go.

Originally posted by bloodaxes

As I already mentioned in another thread, some people just play the same game in a different manner entirely. Which of course, leads to a different overall experience

It's a boring game FOR YOU not for everyone can't you get this simple statement in your mind?...

Actually just agreeing with the OP, can't you get that simple thought in your mind??

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by scodavis

This game will be fine.  There will be plenty of people who like the PvP and the mechanics of the game.  Aion will be a successful niche game which is all it ever had a chance at being so good job, NcSoft.

I salute you for being realistic. Most fans rant about how huge the game will be. Its limitations wont hold the sandbox folks and its grindy nature will not hold the WOW/Lotr crowd. So you have the rest left over and they will love it. At least till Tera or L3 hits then we shall see if the somewhat limited nature of Aion in its current form holds subs and has long term western success. I will be interested to see the game mature.

I agree. No MMO is perfect.  Its pretty evident by the posts on this site.  We find what we like and we go with it.