Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got refunded over £200 by my bank for the mortal online fail/scam

mrmelonimrmeloni Member UncommonPosts: 236

I bought 3 copies of mortal in all, one for my partner, just got the whole lot refunded by my bank because it's obvious this game is just a scam attempt to get money out of people for their failed game, who knows, maybe they even had something to do with mourning.

It wasn't even a credit card I paid with, just a bank card, and yet my bank had no problems atall in returning my money from them, which is odd, I wonder what's going on at starvault for my bank to just return my money straight away.

Comments

• cvettecvette Member UncommonPosts: 82

Just curious, how did you use your bank card to purchase something online.  I should try and get my money back. I think the game will happen eventually, but its so far behind that i started playing Aion. Mortal looks way better than Aion, but i cant wait forever.

Oh and keep an eye on Dawntide. Made by former UO players, looks promising

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by mrmeloni

I bought 3 copies of mortal in all, one for my partner, just got the whole lot refunded by my bank because it's obvious this game is just a scam attempt to get money out of people for their failed game, who knows, maybe they even had something to do with mourning.
    It wasn't even a credit card I paid with, just a bank card, and yet my bank had no problems atall in returning my money from them, which is odd, I wonder what's going on at starvault for my bank to just return my money straight away.

Can you explain how MO is scamming people?

Im kind of behind on the info did they take your pre-order and cancel the game or something?

I thought the game was in Alpha.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Perhaps someday, people will learn not to pre-order something as questionable as an MMO.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• mrmelonimrmeloni Member UncommonPosts: 236

I paid with my debit card, that's how I did it via my bank. It's best to use a credit card online as it's easier to get your money back, so i'm surpised that I so easily got it back with my debit card.

I can't say 100% that mortal online is a scam, but the extortionate price of the game coupled with the game itself feeling very shitty and the delays and very little communication from the devs all adds up to the fact that this game is either a scam to get money, or at best, a game which will fail hard anyway, which, considering the hefty price they charged us to buy it, basically makes it a scam.

The reason they charge so much to buy the game is because they know they have a niche game and the group of people who will buy that game will be willing to pay double/triple the price of a normal game, especially considering all their promises. They arn't interested in running a game imo, just getting as much money as tney can out of those who crave a UO style game with full loot, open pvp and player housing.

• phrankphrank Member Posts: 238

I paid with my debit card, that's how I did it via my bank. It's best to use a credit card online as it's easier to get your money back, so i'm surpised that I so easily got it back with my debit card.
    I can't say 100% that mortal online is a scam, but the extortionate price of the game coupled with the game itself feeling very shitty and the delays and very little communication from the devs all adds up to the fact that this game is either a scam to get money, or at best, a game which will fail hard anyway, which, considering the hefty price they charged us to buy it, basically makes it a scam.
    The reason they charge so much to buy the game is because they know they have a niche game and the group of people who will buy that game will be willing to pay double/triple the price of a normal game, especially considering all their promises. They arn't interested in running a game imo, just getting as much money as tney can out of those who crave a UO style game with full loot, open pvp and player housing.

Confused here. Are you talking about SV or Av? What you wrote sounds like Dorkfail not what I have seen from the MO developers. Are you sure that you aren't letting a bit of Dorkfail failbot shillism enter into your troll post?

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

What a difference 9 months makes.  Does this sound familiar?

ZOMG they said "darkfall coming 2008" and the actual release date is 22 days after 2008, WTF THEY SCAMMED US! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2500017#2500017

or this?

Adventurine should delay Darkfall   mrmeloni

General Discussion « Darkfall 1/07/09 2:02:00 PM

This thread is made of fail, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL!

If you don't like full loot then GTFO of Darkfall because even the devs don't want to listen to your whiney cry baby self.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2556100#2556100

or this ?   In Re: Beware greeks bearing gifts

6/26/09 5:40:43 AM#1

I always thought this saying was just something that was made up for a laugh, but after wasting my time and money on that sharade that is Darkfall i'm starting to think maybe the old saying holds some weight.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2912084#2912084

All I can say is I think you need to learn to curb your enthusiasm so you don't build up your expectations too much.  You went from shouting down people who felt Darkfall needed to be delayed to thinking it was a scam and a charade just a few months later.  It seems you go from fanboi ( 3 copies? really?!?) to harsh critic the moment something fails to live up to your hopes.  I have a beta account (1) and while the devs have less of a presence on the forums than before beta opened, I would hardly call them unresponsive or uncommunicative.

P.S. It's only extortionate if you are forced into it.

• drumchannelldrumchannell Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Im kind of behind on the info did they take your pre-order and cancel the game or something?

Because SV is allowing people to pre-fund the game's development. These development funds (pre-launch) should not be coming from players but from financial investors.

After checking out the beta, I can agree that this game is an absolute joke!

• LuckyRLuckyR Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by drumchannell

Originally posted by metalhead980

Because SV is allowing people to pre-fund the game's development. These development funds (pre-launch) should not be coming from players but from financial investors.

After checking out the beta, I can agree that this game is an absolute joke!

Hmmmm you mean to tell me that they came to your house with a gun and said "BUY MY BETA OR I AM GOING TO KILL YOU"?

Last time I checked you had to goto their web site and buy the game which allows you to beta test. You did not have to do it, it was a choice. I did it, I have been on like 3 times because of updates or server being down. I figure if it last for 4 more month then the game I bought will be paid for because I do not have to pay a $15 monthly charge that I would have had to pay other wise. For me all is good, the longer the game stays in beta the cheaper I am actually getting the game for.

WOOOOOOOT lucky me, and you {mod edit} are complaining LOL

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

i love people who buy products that they know nothing about. It's like pissing in the wind during a hurricane then complaining about how your shirt smells like pee.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Another immature person who didn't read (or didn't want to understand) what beta would be about, which was clearly written on the shop page before you bought the game, and who hoped to play an almost complete game without monthly fee.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

"I GOT MY MONEY BACK FAST FROM STARVAULT"

The above somehow, in your brain, translates to:

"STARVAULT SCAMMED ME"

Trollin' today, are we?

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Relax and have patience!

Even the DF trolls learned that. Same with MO.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by daarco

Relax and have patience!
    Even the DF trolls learned that. Same with MO.

Only difference is the Darkfail devs really lied about their game. The MO devs didn't lie a single time.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

OK so the MO devs are offerning pre-orders and in turn give you the player Access to its Alpha or beta or whatever.

Whats the problem? Did MO set a date and lie about it? I've pre-ordered games up to a year before they released.

I don't understand the complaint.

Did they take your money and not give you beta access? 

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Your an idiot the game isn't an absolute joke its in bloody beta... Its not meant to be fun its meant to be tested thats why all the features that are fun arent in because they dont need testing....

Jesus christ this isnt EA or blizzard these companies actually need external testing... Most modern games so called "beta" isnt even a beta as much as a play early...

God people like you should piss off, I have no problem with carebears but whiney idiots like yourself is whats wrong with the forums...

The game is FAR from perfect and needs a lot of work, but to judge the game by its beta is just bloody ridiculous

Good to see this failboat of a game is still in the shitty state it was in 2 months ago. Glad to see all the people who replied to my review of the "Alpha" errrrr I mean beta have wised up and moved on. The current state of the gamer on MMORPG.com is a joke, plain and simple.

There, I fixed it for you. This site has a ridiculously disproportionate number of sandbox zealots that are ready to eat crap for breakfast if a game is marketed as beeing one.

Whats funny is a lot of them are posting so often that you are woundering if they actually play their suppossedly awesome game.... EVE comes to mind. But! Thats another story. lol

Originally posted by Nekrataal

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Your an idiot the game isn't an absolute joke its in bloody beta... Its not meant to be fun its meant to be tested thats why all the features that are fun arent in because they dont need testing....

Jesus christ this isnt EA or blizzard these companies actually need external testing... Most modern games so called "beta" isnt even a beta as much as a play early...

God people like you should piss off, I have no problem with carebears but whiney idiots like yourself is whats wrong with the forums...

The game is FAR from perfect and needs a lot of work, but to judge the game by its beta is just bloody ridiculous

Good to see this failboat of a game is still in the shitty state it was in 2 months ago. Glad to see all the people who replied to my review of the "Alpha" errrrr I mean beta have wised up and moved on. The current state of the gamer on MMORPG.com is a joke, plain and simple.

There, I fixed it for you. This site has a ridiculously disproportionate number of sandbox zealots that are ready to eat crap for breakfast if a game is marketed as beeing one.

Whats funny is a lot of them are posting so often that you are woundering if they actually play their suppossedly awesome game.... EVE comes to mind. But! Thats another story. lol

Us old gamers have to work bro. I myself work long hours but have access to the internet and go back and forth between Form posts and clients :)

Dont assume anything about anyone.

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

As there is no evidence given of any kind of scam, I'm closing this thread. 

This discussion has been closed.