Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 vs EQ2 vs WoW, which will survive?

ozgamerzozgamerz Member Posts: 138

Just wanted to know, since they are one of the better mmorpgs out there at the moment that's going hot and not. Post in all ya comments. Let's see which will win and which will go to the bin. Cheers.

Comments

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

they will all survive...

Lineage2 is still alive and well. Wasnt effected that much from Eq2 and WoW

Maxxx - www.L2orphus.com Moderator

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    They will all survive, unfortunately.

• ozgamerzozgamerz Member Posts: 138

Who has the biggest community at the moment? WoW i presume? I know that each game caters for different players. What do you all think?

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by ozgamerz
    Who has the biggest community at the moment? WoW i presume? I know that each game caters for different players. What do you all think?

the world?? L2. it got million of subscribers.

Okay, I know you gonna ask : How do you know??

Check it out here

wow is like only 1/10 of the cake.

Many has said that WoW targets America, Europe and Korea players where Lineage2 targets mostly in Asia. I don't know the exact figures but judging from the way the games are made, WoW has much much more servers in North America & Australia at the moment compared to Lineage2. Does the number of servers makes any significant impact on the number of players that are playing the games?

Many has said that WoW targets America, Europe and Korea players where Lineage2 targets mostly in Asia. I don't know the exact figures but judging from the way the games are made, WoW has much much more servers in North America & Australia at the moment compared to Lineage2. Does the number of servers makes any significant impact on the number of players that are playing the games?

America and korea and china got it own separate servers.  I think taiwan and hongkong got it own servers if I am not wrong.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239
    if we want to look at this from a practical view L2 has not  chance in hell. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUBSCRITION OR GAME FEATURES OR QUALITY. it has to do with the fact that both blizzard and sony entertainment have otehr sources of income then MMORPG's. and as we all know MMORPG's popularity fades or at least every mmorpg eventually fades. but Sony entertainment and blizzard both make other games therefore can fund to improve adn advertise game even if it is going downhill, through the sell of non MMORPG. adn we all know this market is about fads to an extent. that is to say when a game comes out with a new or improved feature people run like ducks to it. so Lineage2 is the doomed one out of the 3 but this is all LONG TERM.image

Vladamir the impaler

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

yawn.....zZZZZZZ>.............ZZZZZZZZZ..i got no clue wat da hell yo talking about.

• truentseatruentsea Member Posts: 11
    all of them will survive..
  • devilbadgerdevilbadger Member Posts: 11

WoW will only survive!!!

EQ2 sux and L2 has been getting some shit

Originally posted by devilbadger
    WoW will only survive!!!
    EQ2 sux and L2 has been getting some shit

i take it your mom didn't give you your Milk and Cookies today?

• zamoth_bgzamoth_bg Member Posts: 62

Originally posted by binary_0011

the world?? L2. it got million of subscribers.

Okay, I know you gonna ask : How do you know??

Check it out here

wow is like only 1/10 of the cake.

How can you really believe this ? Have you heard what is happing with WoW ? They have MASSES of users. And what does this shows 2,5 mil on Lineage 1 ??? hahahah :D come on hahah 1,5 on Lin2(which is also away from the truth !) And I still think that firms are not going to show their numbers freely! (the biggest game world is on EVE 10k users) (Lin2 have 9 servers (right?) x10000(at max) = 90k users max online) where is the 1,5 mil here? if you add the other countries 90k X 5 = 450k MAX! So add another 200-300k -> 700k-800k AT FULL MAX!  what about lineage 1 ? from what I see Lineage 1 should be THE UBER mmorpg around ?! Or maybe.... maybe every asian boy/girl from age of 5 to 25 play lineage1. YES! this is it. :) lol I want to try lin1 ;)

Beta Tested: Lineage2,WoW
    Trailed: Acherons Call 2, EVE online
    Subscribed/Active: EVE online->Prakhgoth Lineage2 (freeserver)
    Anticipate: GuildWars,SEED

---------------------------------------------
    Beta Tested: Lineage2,WoW,
    Subscribed/Active:
    EVE online > Prakhgoth
    Guild Wars > Prakhgoth Nosferatu
    Anticipate: SEED,AutoAssualt

• zamoth_bgzamoth_bg Member Posts: 62
    http://keathmilligan.net/view.php?id=448 it is quite good article.

Beta Tested: Lineage2,WoW
    Subscribed/Active: EVE online->Prakhgoth Lineage2 (freeserver)
    Anticipate: GuildWars,SEED

---------------------------------------------
    Beta Tested: Lineage2,WoW,
    Subscribed/Active:
    EVE online > Prakhgoth
    Guild Wars > Prakhgoth Nosferatu
    Anticipate: SEED,AutoAssualt

where do all the morons come from?

Originally posted by Maxxx
    where do all the morons come from?Maxxx - www.L2orphus.com Moderator

from WoW.

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I agree, all will survive. All of them are great mmorpg.

• SaraandSaraand Member Posts: 25

Who really cares.......

Play what you like, when you like. It's your damn money. Do what you want with it. image

• Hopefully they will all survive. Gonna try to plat wow europe when it comes out,until then i play L2
  • AnindelAnindel Member Posts: 66

Its very obvious. Lets have a look. As of now Lineage 2 in the US has how many servers? 9 Servers. Having played L2 for 2-4 months, there wasn't nearly as many people ingame at one time as there are on WoW. Now lets look at WoW. How many servers do they have in NA? At LEAST 80 servers. Its pretty obvious to me which will last. EQ2, we won't even go there. That game looks like your playing with dolls, and I wouldn't even bother with it.

Blizzard is a respected company, and WoW will live for many years.

I am a proud Blizzard Fanboy

Well, I believe than Blizzard do make good and long lasting quality games. I guess each game that is out there can capture their own audiences. However, even though i like blizzard games, i still prefer the graphics in Lineage2.

• FourswordsFourswords Member Posts: 8
    NCsoft run liek 4 games right? guild wars, lineage1 and 2, city of heroes, sony have god thousands of other sources of incomes. Blizzard only have WoW ( this has nowt 2 do with the quality of the game) tbh from what i see ( cant rly judge by that til i accually play them *waiting for new pc* ) but i think if your goign be the quality of the game 1. WoW 2. EQ2 3. Lineage 2 thats just from what i see from reveiws and movies.

• zimquatszimquats Member Posts: 301

There are 2 ways I look at this.  Either they all have already survived.  They were produced and released, which many MOG's arent thses days.  Or they will all die, because nothing lasts forever.  If you had asked, for example, which will last for 5 years, now thats quantitive question that can have an actual answer.  But as it stands now, L2 EQ2 and WoW, like everything else will not survive indefinitely.

Originally posted by Anindel
    Its very obvious. Lets have a look. As of now Lineage 2 in the US has how many servers? 9 Servers. Having played L2 for 2-4 months, there wasn't nearly as many people ingame at one time as there are on WoW. Now lets look at WoW. How many servers do they have in NA? At LEAST 80 servers. Its pretty obvious to me which will last. EQ2, we won't even go there. That game looks like your playing with dolls, and I wouldn't even bother with it.Blizzard is a respected company, and WoW will live for many years.I am a proud Blizzard Fanboy

6 months.

Originally posted by binary_0011
    Originally posted by Anindel
    Its very obvious. Lets have a look. As of now Lineage 2 in the US has how many servers? 9 Servers. Having played L2 for 2-4 months, there wasn't nearly as many people ingame at one time as there are on WoW. Now lets look at WoW. How many servers do they have in NA? At LEAST 80 servers. Its pretty obvious to me which will last. EQ2, we won't even go there. That game looks like your playing with dolls, and I wouldn't even bother with it.Blizzard is a respected company, and WoW will live for many years.I am a proud Blizzard Fanboy

6 months.

I doubt that WoW will die in six months. What I'll know is, WoW will have normal botting and farming problems like other mmorpgs in 6 months.

• NarkionOGNarkionOG Member UncommonPosts: 211

well yea but u all have seen how they came down on the ppl who were buying things off ebay not to metion the speed hackers man they must have banned alot of accounts

CurrentlyPlaying:League Of Draaaven.
    "this site needs a graveyard forum for us to mourn."