Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 player per ship?

kraidkraid Member UncommonPosts: 23

does anyone know if u can have several players on one ship? image

http://www.faceofmankind.com/pages/first_steps/mercenaries.gif
cant wait until FoM is out... :D

Run, you pigeons. It's Robert Frost.

Comments

• PhaZon7PhaZon7 Member Posts: 13

Hehe, metroid fan.image

More than 1 ship? I know there was a topic on the FLS forums about owning more than one ship, and I DO remember a big discussion about it and the devs said they would play around with the idea of controlling more than one ship at a time and see how it works out.

HMS Progeny--

International Forces - Forums

• Dutcher99Dutcher99 Member Posts: 8

I quess, he wants to know the other way around. Are you able to be with more than 1 person on the same ship?

I dunno, but I quess that this is not possible at R1 (the first release). If the community really wants this, than I think they will make it possible in later releases.

Greetings,

Itsme

• MopsterMopster Member Posts: 47

They have it in mind, your friends would be able to be officers on your ship then. It's a thought for a later release :)

Ah well, I was tired when I read the post. Atleast I answered another question someone might have had.::::02::

HMS Progeny--

• LivinLegendLivinLegend Member Posts: 21
    Im not sure if you can have more than 1 person on a ship at a time,  but if you can that would be a great feature image

• darkwaterdarkwater Member Posts: 4
    Aye it was mentioed as possible for a later addition to the game, but not for release.  The main idea is that everybody is a ship captain, plain and simple.  What you decide to do with your ship is entirely up to you.. you'll always have a newbie ship if yours gets sunk and you can't afford another.

I don't know if every pc person on your ship would be a captain, I would think they'd take over one of your officers or something. But, it's not entirely certain.

I think if you get sunk, you get sent back to the nearest port with a rental ship that you have to run missions to pay off until it's yours.

^Everything I said is uncertain so uh.....don't hit me, if it's not true.::::15::

HMS Progeny--

• baldorfbaldorf Member Posts: 8

I found this bit on http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/pirates/index.php?view=93&inc=inc_intervista_esclusiva_mmorpgitalia_eng.htm

MMORPG.IT: Let’s talk about ship crews. I think they will be NPC crews. I’m just wondering if player crews will be put in the game after the very first release, maybe once player avatars will be available.

FLS: Ship crews will be NPCs for the first release. One of our planned improvements soon after that is to support player crews. We won’t support an entire crew of players, but we will allow additional players to come aboard in special posts, such as First Mate, Gunnery Captain, etc. Not only is it good for having an extra player to help out during combat on a large ship, but it’s a great way for experienced players to get some of their friends in the game and play together.

• kraidkraid Member UncommonPosts: 23
    there is a mod to battlefield 1942, a pirate mod! where one person controls the ship and 2 big cannons. and everybody else runs around on deck and firing cannons and if a enemy ship is coming then you jump over to that ship and draw your swords start and fencing against the other ships crew! its REALLY FUN!!image

Run, you pigeons. It's Robert Frost.

• SpyroStormSpyroStorm Member Posts: 20

I really would 'enforce' having more than one person on a ship, they could be ptu to use like manning guns for faster loading time and accuracy depending on the playeror sailing, or even manning the helm.

Anyone played the mmorpg PuzzlePirates, I know its not everyones favourite game but it has good ideas that could possibly strengthen Pirates of the Burning Sea. Well I notic ed when I was playing the trial that you couldnt own a ship right away you had to work aboard npc ships or player ships to earn money pirating the seven seas... Well they should use a similar system in Pirates of the Burning sea. I mean really would you want to see 100+ ships sailing around 1 port and half of them n00bs, I mean Eve is good because its space and its big but, real life waters are limited and games need realisim. This could involve the community... as players work together pirating or doing w/e you can in this game..

Again waters are limited and I wouldnt want to be sailing through other ships that has no realism, I mean think about it, you knwo those glitches in games where you walk,run, or fly through objects, well I can picture that happening with ports crouded and n00bs having no clue how to sail or command a ship...

IF by chance they use a simular system like Puzzle Pirates of jobbing low class people onto naval vessels, merchant ships or even pirate ships, they must be in port to beable to hire people aboard. I mean in Puzzle Pirates you magicaly wisk away to the ship you get to work for I mean theres no realisim in that. I say if the ship is in port and is hiring, than players can come aboard, but if there at sea you shouldnt beable to hire and ahve magical powers bring people to your ship. Really Realisim should play a sigificant role, I am proud of Eve Online because they havnt made the game so Easy to players I mean with limited manpower its impossible to get a Battleship. I mean lets keep realisim as one of the top priorities.

Again I enforce having more than 1 person per ship, I would h8 to see 100 small little paddleboats blocking the paths out and in ports because n00bs can navigate,command, or sail a ship.

Thanx for reading......

Cross My Paths and I'll Cross Yours

Cross My Paths and I'll Cross Yours

• FraekFraek Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by kraid
    there is a mod to battlefield 1942, a pirate mod! where one person controls the ship and 2 big cannons. and everybody else runs around on deck and firing cannons and if a enemy ship is coming then you jump over to that ship and draw your swords start and fencing against the other ships crew! its REALLY FUN!!image

Yes, it truly is a great mod... ...even though I'm more of a Vietnam-engine type of guy (yes, I'm aware that the Vietnam-engine is just a piffed up 1942-engine, but Vietnam still r0xx0rz 1942's z0xx0rz:D).  I hope it is remade for Battlefield 2 when it comes out...
    I love the way many of the players actually take the time to semi-Role-Play in an O-FPS, it truly a fresh breeze...

Anyhow, I wish you would start out as a normal person and have to work your way up, either by joining a crew, buying or building a ship.

Agnar's Furyimage

Join at http://www.guilduniverse.com/af

• JamesBonageJamesBonage Member Posts: 7

They should just make a patch for Sid Meier's game and let you run dedicated servers for free !

• BlastBlast Member Posts: 42
    that would be uber image

• AglacaAglaca Member Posts: 21
    Hi this game looks good isnt cancelled right?

• MopsterMopster Member Posts: 47

no it isn't canceled :)

• MarkerMarker Member UncommonPosts: 77
    is better just one ship /player this way it will develop trader,pirate comunityimage

I leave a trace in your life

• igglyiggly Member Posts: 10

I dont think you can have more then one player per ship. devs havent mentiond it anyway.

• SicarimSicarim Member Posts: 219
    It makes sense to me to haev more then one player per ship.. a sort of 'work your way up the ladder' system... i dont know. Game looks promising though!
  • BrightoBrighto Member Posts: 9
    I remember reading on the forum that they're not planning several players on one ship in the first release, but they might allow it in later releases :)
  • balle68balle68 Member Posts: 134

wow more players on one ship that would be cool then me and myy dad can play togheter!

Always do the right thing

• etruscanetruscan Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by Brighto
    I remember reading on the forum that they're not planning several players on one ship in the first release, but they might allow it in later releases :)
    I think it would add a certain amount of depth to the game if you could have multiplayer ships that actually benefitted from having multiple players on board. However, for those who enjoy just roaming around by themselves, most (if not all) ships should be able to be used by one person... maybe just not to their fullest capacity.

This was one of the greatest aspects about Galaxies' JTL - the ability to get a few people onboard a ship and manning more of the guns - making it increasingly lethal with a larger crew.

Hope to see it in PotBS.