Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 things that could potentially fix Runescape

scarmoosescarmoose Member Posts: 1

Now before i get going on this, I would like everyone to know that i haven't played this game in a long time, so I personally haven't gone through a couple of these game killing updates, like the GE and the new wildy. But based on these problems, there could be a solution that could make everyone happy, and no, bringing things back to to pre-GE patch isn't a part of it. Btw, as an avid WoW player, i might implement some of the ideas behind WoW into this.

1.) The Grand Exchange was honestly not too bad of an idea, because now its easier for players to get the items they want in a much faster and less hectic environment, which is an up to it. It's not neccesarily the GE that killed it, but it was this trade limit they enforced upon it. The fact that people can only buy/sell things at a certain price is pretty stupid. Instead of the trade limit, they should make it a market price, where as the value of the item goes up and down based on sales and lack of sales, but at the same time they shouldn't be limited to the street price. This way, the economic geniuses of Runescape will once again have the ability to barter with their customers, (as the more wanted the item is by the customer, the more they will be willing to pay ABOVE market value) and at the same time, selling items worth 1k for 1m (ahem, mage arena books) will still be impossible, unless you're trading with an Rtard.

2.) The arena next to the desert town (forget what its called). Before the stake limit was implemented, i would stake 50k, an amount that, if lost, wouldn't crush me, at the same time that get's my heart racing when i gamble it, to a fellow player, and fight to the death against in one of the worst combat in an MMO (something I'll touch on in a bit). However, now that all i could stake is 7k an amount that, if lost, wouldn't crush me, at the same time THAT MEANS NOTHING TO ME and leaves me filled with boredom. They should make the stake limit within 10k of what the other person stakes, and perhaps the fluctuate can grow as the two stake more. (IE one stake 90k and the other stakes 100k).

3.) Certain skills that meant nothing to most people were ridiculously time and gold consuming to level, like farming, construction, maybe summoning (I wouldn't know). Jagex should implement a more effective, but not neccesarily easier way of earning exp for these skills once you reach higher levels. I'm not sure how, but it would be nice.

4.) Obviously, the wilderness. Solutions to this problem would be too complicated to explain, but what I've come down to is just removing these jokes of PvP worlds and replace them with Pk worlds, where the classic wilderness was back in those worlds exclusively, where as all the items drop as they are supposed to instead of the graves. And take out the damn ditch, that makes things no fun.

5.) A more effective party system would be nice, one that would have a HuD on your party members Hp and other neccesary information.

6.) I personally think i might be speaking out of my arse on this one, but a line of healing magic? Perhaps even a new skill. Maybe? Eh.

7.) This one isn't quite a solution, but just saying, why do 80% of the minigames either really suck or are pointless?

8.) Perhaps i should have mentioned this earlier on the list, but the melee and ranged combat system is a joke! It's ludicrously inconsistent, showing my char hitting 0's at one point, then 30's later. Now, once again, my judgement is slightly clouded because of my personally ideals, but they should add 2 new skills, based on melee and ranged combat expertise, and would gain xp at the rate u would when fighting in "controlled" style of attack (4 xp per 3 damage) and would just be a set of what i will refer to as  "moves" (don't want to get mixed up with skills) that unlock as the skill lvl progressives. Something like specs, only used on a more frequent basis. And also include the minimum damage a weapon could do to an opponent based on the weapon itself, blue splats make me feel nubish.

9.) People are getting those skill capes now, and perhaps there should be more of a reward for having them, especially in combat based skills. And what's the highest skill lvl required to equip somethings, 80? Maybe and expansion to what gear you could have, I'm sure a lot of vets feel they should be wearing different stuffs once they hit combat lvl 126.

10.) Murder every game killing haxor/macro'er/botter on the planet, for cheating in a friggin game to achieve high lvls without playing, which is supposed to be the fun part of it all. Or maybe tell them nicely to stop. That's definitely worked before : /

Edit: I forgot about RWT... don't know how you could prevent without trade limits.

WHERE THE HELL ARE MY FRIES!

Comments

• MCLustt910MCLustt910 Member Posts: 42

I agree. The GE trade limits and all that killed it.

They're trying to cater to younger kids, and ignoring us older, smarter, more economically inclined people who will probably actually subscribe, since we have money and paypal.

I facepalm myself everytime I try to go back, because they just keep getting dumber and dumber.

• PunisherXPunisherX Member Posts: 231

Personally, I think the game could use better combat graphics. Not better graphics in general, but the usual, and boring, slash and tink, hammer and tink is, well, as i said, boring. That's one of things that would fix it.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

They have to get rid of the turn based combat system and replace it with a combat system like diablos where 1 click realtime=1hit realitime. they should also change mouse combat operations so that

leftc=slash/stab/hack/etc.. 

rightc=block/with option for autoblock/ etc..

• SirBeastSirBeast Member Posts: 3

I'm a long time lover of Runescape so forgive me of any biased statements.

The reason the trade limit was implemented was to combat the serious abuse of macros,bots and real world traders- it has also since stabalized the economy of runescape greatly (for better or for worse it is a major side effect). Also competition for many raw materials has dwindled but is still there due to the incredible Runescape community which- depending where in RS you go is a great group of people.

As for the combat system, its 1 of the things that makes me love this game- don't get me wrong I love violence and a good slaying of other players or even a lvl 750 Spirit Beast- however I couldnt stand if i had to click a button for every slash for 200+ hours for a level 99 in just one melee stat- i hate the combat systems games like WoW and Guild Wars have, they're just plain boring, plus your limited to 1 main character class, in RS you can chose from 3 and from there many more fighting styles: Mage= Regular, Lunar, Ancients Range= Chinchompas, knives, bows, crossbows, darts, javs Melee- the usual, plus there is a reasonable power to all weapons unlike many PvP games where 1 weapon that is nearly impossible to get holds an unfair advantage that lets the rich get richer.

Edit: As for them dumbing down the game I hate it, it really adds to the number of ignorant gamers and can clutter up the game with "Are you sure you want to go into the desert (its hot and dry and if you have no water you might lose 3hp)"- not to mention the "guides" in Lumbridge who now hand out runes and bow and arrows to noobs for free- teaches them to mooch right from the begining

• RaitonDashurRaitonDashur Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Blissey

They have to get rid of the turn based combat system and replace it with a combat system like diablos where 1 click realtime=1hit realitime. they should also change mouse combat operations so that
    leftc=slash/stab/hack/etc.. 
    rightc=block/with option for autoblock/ etc..

I agree with that. The damage seems random even with prayer, potions, etc. Also sometimes speed increases w/o any warning such as being hit twice before you swing a sword once.

==============?==============
    Billy Helms
    Captain First Grade
    U.S.S. Excursion NCC 96023
    Omega Fleet
    ==============?==============

• FunIsRPGFunIsRPG Member Posts: 7

Most of the changes were to help runescape in the future. Too many people were selling gold for money. People still do it, it's just gone down a lot. I still think they could of possibly thought of better solutions but whatever. It's still one heck of a time pking! You still loose your items, just you don't get theirs.

Originally posted by FunIsRPG

Most of the changes were to help runescape in the future. Too many people were selling gold for money. People still do it, it's just gone down a lot. I still think they could of possibly thought of better solutions but whatever. It's still one heck of a time pking! You still loose your items, just you don't get theirs.

Selling gold 4 money can be a good thing and a bad thing for a MMO company. Jagex had a chance to manipulate this system but because of the "proud righteous" attitude they chose the "unattractive" way of dealing w/ the situation. Bad decisions=bad business. Shame on those responsible.

• GeneralY3kGeneralY3k Member Posts: 4

"7.) This one isn't quite a solution, but just saying, why do 80% of the minigames either really suck or are pointless?"

Not really the minigames have good qualities. SoulWars = great xp for only 20 min of play. Stealing Creations = items for skilling or just training combat that double your earned xp. The minigames may have little quality for fun but the rewards are well worth it and I think that most of the players would agree.

General... That's right come back to that one.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by GeneralY3k

"7.) This one isn't quite a solution, but just saying, why do 80% of the minigames either really suck or are pointless?"
    Not really the minigames have good qualities. SoulWars = great xp for only 20 min of play. Stealing Creations = items for skilling or just training combat that double your earned xp. The minigames may have little quality for fun but the rewards are well worth it and I think that most of the players would agree.

Considering most of the players quit before  stealing creation and were replaced with 8 yr olds. I don't think so.  Did you see their membership loss charts from 2008- 2009? That was the huge sucking sound you felt leaving the game when they decided to  call themselves a " junior mmo" rather than a real mmo, and targeted 8 yr olds rather than actual paying players.

FromJagex themselves:

"Adam Tuckwell is the “Safety Minister” and Head of PR at Jagex. He was proud to talk to me about Runescape's effort to make the game a safe environment for under children under the age of 13. Previously, players had to to be 13+ to play the game. Runescape launched the under 13 game in June. This provides a Quick Chat interface, and children under 13 can only see Quick Chat text from other players of the under 13 game. This game is Coppa compliant, and have been awarded Best in Class by the IWF (Internet Watch Foundation). Since the launch of the under 13 game, Jagex has seen a 40% increase in Runescape registrations.In the Quarter 2 or 3 of 2009, the Parental Controls dashboard will be launched. This provides parents with the means to set how often and how long their children can play Runescape, set various chat settings and have various controls over their children's Friends List – such as the ability to add friends with or without parental approval.

Just as MUDs were the precursors to MMORPGs, Henrique described Runscape as a Junior MMORPG. A great training ground for other MMORPGs. "

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/37/feature/2065 

• Majin_VegetaMajin_Vegeta Member Posts: 5

I personally think that a non-noob world would be a good update that requires a certain skill total to enter, I have heard and read that Jagex is working on something like this, but that was a long time ago.  

*Checked*: The CEO had posted saying that they were working on it, but gave no indication of a release date or anything.

Something else they could fix, would be the KBD, like they could make the drops worth while, or making him drop have a really low chance of simply dropping a large amount of cash, that with coinshare would split the money with everyone. 

(Also, more loot/coinshare worlds would be really nice).

Originally posted by Majin_Vegeta

I personally think that a non-noob world would be a good update that requires a certain skill total to enter, I have heard and read that Jagex is working on something like this, but that was a long time ago.  

*Checked*: The CEO had posted saying that they were working on it, but gave no indication of a release date or anything.

Something else they could fix, would be the KBD, like they could make the drops worth while, or making him drop have a really low chance of simply dropping a large amount of cash, that with coinshare would split the money with everyone. 

Another useless idea. Non-noob world? What makes yourself think that carrying that skillcape and having all those exp points makes you non-noob? Haven't you heard? In runescape, even level 138's are called noobs by lower levels. Noobs at life, not noobs at runescape. CEO MMG doesn't give a damn about what is vital. I don't mind you clinging on to his useless ideals but to preach them on the net like some kind of godly gospel? You're pretty annoying, now.

• Mem_of_POESMem_of_POES Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Majin_Vegeta

Another useless idea. Non-noob world? What makes yourself think that carrying that skillcape and having all those exp points makes you non-noob? Haven't you heard? In runescape, even level 138's are called noobs by lower levels. Noobs at life, not noobs at runescape. CEO MMG doesn't give a damn about what is vital. I don't mind you clinging on to his useless ideals but to preach them on the net like some kind of godly gospel? You're pretty annoying, now.

I agree with you blissey. In runescape, if your a low level,  you are called a noob in runescape. If you are a high level, then you are a noob at life. And plus, pretty soon the autoers will come back to their computers, get skill capes, and still be noobs. Jagex needs to work on that, no they HAVE to. They need to ban the accounts of autoers so that people, not programs play the game. But then again, the autoer programs were created BECAUSE grinding is really boring.

The original runescape was great, mainly because of the wilderness and the player-controlled economy. Now that those are gone, people stopped playing the game, and they lost many subscriptions. There is NO reason to subscribe anymore. NO reason.

It would've been a lot easier if Mace Windu just shot Palpatine in the head.

• ng_min_teckng_min_teck Member Posts: 102

lol too bad of bot now all bot go  silkroad and bot lol

too bad this world got rich people who will buy game item or money so then got bot in that game lol

imageimage

Originally posted by ng_min_teck

too bad this world got rich people who will buy game item or money so then got bot in that game lol

"lol too bad of bot now all bot go silkroad and bot lol"

What the hell are you trying to prove here, kid? Do you expect any upright educated person to buy this crap you are posting on this forum when you can't even spell like an educated person? Come on. this world isn't becoming rich now. Dude, recession is in place and people are GETTING POOR, kid. Buy game items? MANY people choose to buy game items, dude. If I'm given the choice, I would rather sacrifice a mere 200 bucks for an acc w/ 5 skillcapes and a total level above 2000. Be realistic. NOT everyone chooses to click on a rock for a useless cape like you. Other people choose to be logical and to use their brains instead of mindlessly clicking on a node back and forth like an autistic person.

What the hell are you trying to prove here, kid? Do you expect any upright educated person to buy this crap you are posting on this forum when you can't even spell like an educated person? Come on. this world isn't becoming rich now. Dude, recession is in place and people are GETTING POOR, kid. Buy game items? MANY people choose to buy game items, dude. If I'm given the choice, I would rather sacrifice a mere 200 bucks for an acc w/ 5 skillcapes and a total level above 2000. Be realistic. NOT everyone chooses to click on a rock for a useless cape like you. Other people choose to be logical and to use their brains instead of mindlessly clicking on a node back and forth like an autistic person.

i think you should do more english paper 2 as like secondary school.the world won't rich or poor lol for you case i think your side become poor as my side because singapore is asia country with china,india,middle east ,our country become richer you know?

imageimage

i think you should do more english paper 2 as like secondary school.the world won't rich or poor lol for you case i think your side become poor as my side because singapore is asia country with china,india,middle east ,our country become richer you know?

You didn't answer my question, dude. I asked you very cleary, what the hell are you trying to prove with your in-coherent and lie-infested comments? I have friends from south east asia, from singapore, MY, TH, IN..etc. They don't spell or talk using mis-spelled sentences.The fact that any country is rich IS IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC.I pity the fool who intentionally mis-spelles his sentences and tries to escape simple questions. Enough of your jibber-jabber, fool. Unless you can state 10 things that could potentially fix Runescape, you might as well go back and call your friends on a Runescape circle jerking party. As I said, Be realistic. NOT everyone chooses to click on a rock for a useless cape like you. Other people choose to be logical and to use their brains instead of mindlessly clicking on a node back and forth like an autistic person.

My 10 potential fixes

-Remove trade limit, integrate IP ban system,

-Enhance Open GL rendering and increase LOS

-Add tiers

-Add races

-Stop adding quests and panzy pixel-filled dungeons geared for the skillcape.

-get rid of the skillcape in exchange for a multi-tasking tool which can perform more than 1 operation at once

-fire all current Jagex staff, and allow Microsoft Games to take over.

-Add more continents

-Add a independent player control system based on the keypad.

-Add a complex mouse combat combo tweak.

You didn't answer my question, dude. I asked you very cleary, what the hell are you trying to prove with your in-coherent and lie-infested comments? I have friends from south east asia, from singapore, MY, TH, IN..etc. They don't spell or talk using mis-spelled sentences.The fact that any country is rich IS IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC.I pity the fool who intentionally mis-spelles his sentences and tries to escape simple questions. Enough of your jibber-jabber, fool. Unless you can state 10 things that could potentially fix Runescape, you might as well go back and call your friends on a Runescape circle jerking party. As I said, Be realistic. NOT everyone chooses to click on a rock for a useless cape like you. Other people choose to be logical and to use their brains instead of mindlessly clicking on a node back and forth like an autistic person.

My 10 potential fixes

-Add tiers

-Add races

-get rid of the skillcape in exchange for a multi-tasking tool which can perform more than 1 operation at once

-Add more continents

why should i need to answer your question that there is no link to improve runescape and you just game attack for this case use report button and report game attack

imageimage

My 10 potential fixes

-Add tiers

-Add races

-Add more continents

why should i need to answer your question that there is no link to improve runescape and you just game attack for this case use report button and report game attack

LOLOLOLOLOL. Another pathetic and lame excuse for being clueless and autistic. That question was very simple, yet you cannot answer it ? Links are irrelevant and so is the lousy report button you claim. Seriously, even your posts are off topic. Maybe I should report you for posting comments that are off topic?

As I said, I pity the fool who intentionally mis-spelles his sentences and tries to escape simple questions.nless you can state 10 things that could potentially fix Runescape, you might as well go back and call your friends on a Runescape circle jerking party.

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257

3)

Skills that mean nothing? The only skill that falls under this category is smithing and or firemaking both of which have not been updated for a long time and almost completely pointless. Now before some noob tells me 'you can make armour lols' I'm going to say yeh you can but armour in which level 40s can wear and in this case where the level cap is 138 and the highest level armour only requires 40 defense...

2) Dueling Arena, allowing people to stake within 10k of each wouldn't qwork because people could lose on purpose for RWTing.

4) PvP worlds are fun..

5) More effective party system I agree with this

7) There are some very fun ones, my favorite being castle wars/soul wars

8) They have stated that they are redoing the whole combat system in the following year I'm to lazy to find a qoute on this right now though

9) higher Level content I agree with that aswell and the level cap is 138 btw

10) HA they have tried good luck 

Originally posted by Sarbocabras

3)
    Skills that mean nothing? The only skill that falls under this category is smithing and or firemaking both of which have not been updated for a long time and almost completely pointless. Now before some noob tells me 'you can make armour lols' I'm going to say yeh you can but armour in which level 40s can wear and in this case where the level cap is 138 and the highest level armour only requires 40 defense...
    2) Dueling Arena, allowing people to stake within 10k of each wouldn't qwork because people could lose on purpose for RWTing.

4) PvP worlds are fun..
    8) They have stated that they are redoing the whole combat system in the following year I'm to lazy to find a qoute on this right now though

3) All skills reward you with the standard Skill cape. For a outsider MMORPG fan, the Runescape skills indeed mean nothing.

2) People could lose, but what is 10k in the RWT system? Nothing. I could keep going on. You keep blaming RWT on trade, but is is clear that RWT is provoked by an outside organization that operates using credit cards  and paypal accounts instead of Dueling Arena staking.

4)How are they fun? Please elaborate. I don't understand how clicking and waiting on pixel block avatar and waiting for the avatar to stop hitting 0's is fun.

5) The best way to manage any party is to have a pre-set clan group or a acquiantance who has control over the clan. I mean, what else can Jagex do when every suggestion pertaining to parties and drops are being blocked and censored by the Green-Crown moderators?

7)Very fun for people who love clicking and waiting. I still don't see how being limited to certain stakes and certain combat styles by an immensly choking amount of limits could still render the so called "soul wars" fun. Please elaborate and explain.

8)Unless you can prove it using an article, then it is NULL AND VOID. It is very clear that the combat system is going to be tweaked on Feb 26 according to the SNFS news updates, but a whole combat system? Lies. Unless you can prove it, then don't bother posting.

9) Of course. The only good content you've been having lately is the skillcape. It has been the only legit high level content that everyone wanted to get since 2006. Unless they start adding usefull material, the content cannot be classified as "good" in my opinion. And, level 138 was the cap since more than 1 year ago. Are you lagging on updates now?

10) really? When? Where? How? Why? Please elaborate. To merely say that they have tried is doubtful and un-appealing. Please provide a text concerning this, immediately.

Originally posted by Sarbocabras

3)

4) PvP worlds are fun..

soon you will find it skill help alot as herblore skill update shown

i understand that 10k stake is too little and pvp the loot are unbalance but fun

for me major thing need to improve is about pvp and trade limit .

imageimage

• InfoWarzInfoWarz Member Posts: 25

1.graphics.

2.gameplay.

3.rewards.

4.community.

5.service.

6.username applet.

7.lower price.

8.more languages.

9.open more area for f2p.

10.more bind spells.

There is no ignorance in fact.

Originally posted by InfoWarz

1.graphics.
    2.gameplay.
    3.rewards.
    4.community.
    5.service.
    6.username applet.
    7.lower price.
    8.more languages.
    9.open more area for f2p.
    10.more bind spells.

agreed and more paying method along all country.

imageimage