Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated: Aion level grind.

FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

Just hit level 40 tonight. 39-40 in grinding party requires about 12 hours non stop.

I am expecting 40-41 about 11-12 hours per level from now on. Not as bad as lineage 2.

I noticed that fro level 35 the hours for party grinding increased about 1.5 hours.

so from level 36 you have to grind mobs about 8 hours non stop per level.

Comments

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Furor

Just hit level 40 tonight. 39-40 in grinding party requires about 12 hours non stop.
    I am expecting 40-41 about 11-12 hours per level from now on. Not as bad as lineage 2.
    I noticed that fro level 35 the hours for party grinding increased about 1.5 hours.

Yeah you know you're going to get flamed now for even mentioning the word "grind" right....lol

These fanbois have gotten really touchy over this subject since they're aware it has a decent chance of driving off players here in the west leading to another mass MMO exodus like AoC and WAR before it.....0o

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Thanks for the info.  It's one of the more useful post people make.

Originally posted by laokoko

you see?

rofl

Originally posted by Jackio81

you see?

rofl

see what?  I dont' get it..

you see?

rofl

see what?  I dont' get it..

hmmm....thought you were being sarcastic there for a sec...XO

• 1niceone11niceone1 Member Posts: 29

Somebody call the fire brigade, The flames are a comin'. But in all seriousness, you want grind? Go play Maple story...

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

That don't sound bad at all, I prefer the longer times between leveling. In WoW I leveled so fast the gear you'd get in a dungeon is like obsolete in a few days which is retarded.  Grinding mobs is grinding mobs be it just going around and killing stuff or via killing stuff by doing a "quest" given by a NPC.  The "quest" is just a way of masking the grind but to me makes grinding mobs hella boring. Id rather just get in a group and go adventuring.

• Perfection66Perfection66 Member Posts: 218

Yeah you know you're going to get flamed now for even mentioning the word "grind" right....lol

These fanbois have gotten really touchy over this subject since they're aware it has a decent chance of driving off players here in the west leading to another mass MMO exodus like AoC and WAR before it.....0o

Xfire.com ----->  statistical facts that playtime is increasing  ------>   humble pie, taste good? :)

Aion v3 "RELOADED" - A glimpse into the future of the MMO genre

• Tyvolus88Tyvolus88 Member Posts: 44

sorry kid, no signs of AION slowing down at all.  Full, ACTIVE servers, guilds are ACTIVE and FULL.  xfire holding up quite nicely, in fact its been going up.  I am having a blast and have been playing every day since launch.  But hey, you and all the other haters keep on hopin'. 

Every day AION keeps doing great I know people like you suffer -- That makes me feel real good.

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

the only reason i like the grind is to become the first level 50 lol.  anyway its fun. Im still grinding hard. :p

• Blazi3Blazi3 Member UncommonPosts: 16

what happens when u get lvl 50? will it come up saying "YOU ARE THE GOD OF THIS GAME" or nothing will happen you will hit 50 and go to sleep... wake up and find 10000 more lvl 50s.... who was first? grinding from lvl 40 -> 50.... seriously? you have to atleast kill a million if not more! :|

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

wouldn't surprise me to see it take that long but theres a dude on my server who is already 50 so yea do the math cause i don't really want to

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

well on my server the highest is level 42.

also after hitting level 50 i will start ganking for abyss points

level 50 reuqires 900,000 abyss points for gears. i plan to mass ganking once i hit level 50.

• AbisbowaAbisbowa Member UncommonPosts: 91

Well, with the upcoming patch, the leveling process should be quickened quite a bit. 

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

i think aion fans shouldnt be so defensive about this subject.

aion IS a grind game.

they should just admit - they love this shiny grindfest game.

since calling things their true names (in this case calling this boring pathetic leveling = grind) is so much more comfortable when communicating with others... then i think everyone just do that.

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783

I can see why people complained about the whiners saying this was a grinding game, at least during beta. I never once had a problem with grinding all the way to level 24 on my assassin because he had plenty of quests to do, of course this was on the elyos side. At launch I went with the asmodian side and noticed around level 22 that most of the quests I had involved going to elyos but no way to get there lol. I am now 34 and the grind is VERY apparent. I think its something like 9 million xp to get to level 35 and with mobs only giving about 14-15k each, thats going to take a while. Sure the quests will help out a bit but depending on what quests you have, you actually are probably slowed down by doing them instead of grinding. Frankly I like doing quests so I wont mind if it actually slows me down, some of them are actually pretty interesting.

I dont really mind the grind in this game though, I am old school EQ1 and you did a LOT of it in that game because there really wasn't many quests in the game during that time. Its about time that the mmo's stopped handing you levels on a silver platter. Its time you earned them just like the good ol days! Welcome back to the good ol days :)

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

About what I expected... appreciate the info - gives a pretty decent idea on how long it'll take (roughly) to level from 40-50 ... "the doom zone" :D (hehe Im sorry  -  I just can't resist with these trolls anymore. Having too much fun) 

Originally posted by Perfection66

Xfire.com ----->  statistical facts that playtime is increasing  ------>   humble pie, taste good? :)

Heh I really don't know why people insist on using xfire. The people that use xfire is such a small percent. LOL even the people that play wow and use xfire is like 1%  of the total players.  

All xfire does is show what those specific people are doing so while it may show that the people using xfire are playing more but in all reality the other people that aren't using it could have quit and its player base is actually dropping.

Originally posted by cukimunga

Heh I really don't know why people insist on using xfire. The people that use xfire is such a small percent. LOL even the people that play wow and use xfire is like 1%  of the total players.  

All xfire does is show what those specific people are doing so while it may show that the people using xfire are playing more but in all reality the other people that aren't using it could have quit and its player base is actually dropping.

I have to agree.. its a terrible method to measure anything. That said - at least until the free month is up... the subs ARE increasing... but we'll see what happens after October 22nd.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I've casually reached 27 yesterday. I didn't need to grind anything so far and I still have plenty of things to do and territories to visit in this level bracket.

While I didn't need to grind anything, I felt like killing mobs for a bit, Diablo style, on various occasions.

Btw, I'm the kind of player that reads everything mentioned in the quests, regardless of what game I'm playing. So, even the kill something type of quests didn't feel unnatural.

• AlesteAleste Member Posts: 64

Huge Xp increase coming in the next patch, it adds millions of XP per level for quests from 27 to 50.

Improve Aion's Graphics with a simple text file that you can create by yourself:

-Increase in-game Field of View to 175% or more

-Increase view distance for players to 100 meters with camera at max distance

-Lots of other settings

Learn how by reading this guide at Aionsource

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-guides/84379-definite-guide-aions-graphical-settings-performance-tips.html

Originally posted by Cammy

Originally posted by cukimunga

I have to agree.. its a terrible method to measure anything. That said - at least until the free month is up... the subs ARE increasing... but we'll see what happens after October 22nd.

Yeah only time will tell,  I really want to get my cousin to try Aion, hes an ex WoW player that got bored of it after a year of playing. ITs hard to find a game that he likes cuz he compares everything to WoW as I compare everything to FFXI. lol Were playing SUN right now cuz its free and we haven't decided on a P2P MMO, but hopefully things will change and Aion will have 2 more new players.

Originally posted by Aleste

Huge Xp increase coming in the next patch, it adds millions of XP per level for quests from 27 to 50.

Is that a fact?  I heard of the quest increase.  I just don't know if it's as low as level27 quest.

Originally posted by Aleste

Is that a fact?  I heard of the quest increase.  I just don't know if it's as low as level27 quest.

I actually heard 37 and not 27 but I could be mistaken... and they are adding a ton to that curve. 37-50 (or even as low as 27 I guess /shrug) will make it more streamlined with the 1-25 progression 

• nefermornefermor Member Posts: 70

This may have been mentioned but to the OP you do know that China is far behind on game updates to Korea and the now western version I hope.   A lot of content between those.   Also I have legion leaders who have been playing on China servers for a while before game launch and they tell a much different story.   Currently my self at lvl 29 almost 30 and I see no end in sight of content to play.