Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AION : Asian MMO Crap.

arri535arri535 Member Posts: 25

After playing and reaching certain level such as 30~50, people say this one is a huge grinder with no concept.

the thing you can only find in this game is just cute character and  graphic only.

stay away from this one, this one is a total disappointment after +30 level.

Comments

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796
    Originally posted by arri535

After playing and reaching certain level such as 30~50, people say this one is a huge grinder with no concept.
    the thing you can only find in this game is just cute character and  graphic only.

Really!

Let me go cancel my account right now!

not.

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• pekshmaerpekshmaer Member Posts: 58

What are you expect XD  Aion is Korean grind fest game with nice graphic and air combat.  

hmm

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

Report and move on... 

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op basicly your comment means all mmo sucks lol,since all game atr the way you descrbed

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

People say it's a grinder, huh?  So you haven't actually tried it, and you have nothing of value to really offer to the conversation.  Great.  Thank you for your wisdom.  Now go away.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Aion isn't fun for me.  If it's fun I wouldn't spend so much time in mmorpg forum.

The problem is what else am I going to play?  Other than play wow for 5 years.

The truth is Aion sucks for me, but everything else suck more.

And lastly people who spend so much effort puting negative comment on other game either need mental help or is a wow stock holder.

• RocklynnRocklynn Member UncommonPosts: 104

aion=asian win!

www.rocklynn.se

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by teco221

Sadly, I have to admit that NCsoft did a good job for Aion.....
    Personally, I am not a big fan of NCsoft.. I really dislike NCsoft because all other games from them are crappy.. but I do enjoy Aion a lot.

yep lot of  uss love it too ,unfortunatly

that  make getting time card a very big challenge for lot of us

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346

1. let me get this straight, you have not played the game but you are regurgitating someone else's opinion?

2. I am actually surprised just how many racist assholes are out there ...  labeling entire continents with derogatory terms ... suprised is the wrong word. I am actually saddened and ashamed of individuals likely to belong to my own culture

Edit: Let me get one thing straight bud, you have accomplished nothing compared to the people who envisioned and brought to you this game.Based on the lack of quality in your writing and thoughts, you will likely to never amount to more than posting crap on public forums.

• VespersVespers Member Posts: 246

Calling an Asian MMO an Asian Grinder is not an inflamatory remark, but an actual MMO style. The Asian playstyle is a marked difference in playstyle when compared to the Western type of MMO. The vast majority of Koreans enjoy a grinding levelling pace in MMOs and the majority of Western players look more towards the faster levelling of the WOW type themepark MMOs.
    So, since China/Korea are in Asia and they tend to make the levelling process very grindy, the term Asian Grinder as an MMO description is acceptable.

When a player from North America/Europe hears a MMO refered to as an Asian Grinder than the Western players know what to expect from that Asian developed game.

What really concerns me is that apparently some people do not know what the term "Racist" actually means because if they did they wouldnt keep throwing that word around so freely.

Personally, I play Aion and I am liking it ATM but I doubt I will play it longterm. There are too many MMOs coming up that I am planning on playing.

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Vespers

What really concerns me is that apparently some people do not know what the term "Racist" actually means because if they did they wouldnt keep throwing that word around so freely.

How about instead of wanking off while listening to the sound of your own voice you read the title of this thread?

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

• VespersVespers Member Posts: 246

Originally posted by glofish
    Originally posted by Vespers
    How about instead of wanking off while listening to the sound of your own voice you read the title of this thread?

I read the title.

Let's break it down for you small minded people.

Aion was developed in Asia.
    Aion is an MMO.
    OP thinks this particular Asian MMO is Crap.

Dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand it.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

have you played this game? I mean seriously now.

Joined - July 2004

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

The game has been live for just over 2 weeks, the people who are between level 30 and 50 have done nothing but force themselves to constant grinding in order to push towards end-game. They have no interest in any content in the game that is pre-end. Haven't read more than a handful of quests for thier story, or spent more than 10 minutes out in the world trying to take in the flavor.

They have however, by thier own making and play style, forced the game of Aion into a grind fest. The game itself is not, but it can be if the player so choses to make it that way (as every game can be). Anyone who listens to these type of players, and takes thier word without concidering the source, will look as uninformed as the OP here.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• Nov8trNov8tr Member UncommonPosts: 107

For me its this simple. I like the game so I play it. When I stop liking it or get bored I'll stop playing it. When something comes out I like better I'll play that. Whether you like the game or not means nothing to me and is NOT going to change my opinion of the game. Whether I like the game or not means nothing to you and is NOT going to change you opinion. Eberyone has to make their own mind up whether they like the game or whether they are going to play it. Personally I have never disconnected in a city. I have had 2 disconnects in over 2 weeks including beta, so I consider that great. Same as any game I've played. Is the game perfect? NO. Is it the greatest game ever? NO Will it kill WoW? NO Is it fun to play? Yep and I am. Well thats my 2 cents worth, your mileage may very.

I'm old not dead. (Nov8tr is pronounced innovator)

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
    Originally posted by Vinterkrig
    the grind (if someone tells you this game isn't grindy they are lying to you) is x2 as bad if you group with someone, i HAVE to group with my wife... 2 level 22's killing level 28s w/ 20% rested xp bonus = 6.2k xp .... LOL sad when its 1.6 mil to get to next level

I don't understand this.  Dont' you kill 2 times faster if you are in a group too.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Who are these "people"

• cpc71783cpc71783 Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by laokoko

the grind (if someone tells you this game isn't grindy they are lying to you) is x2 as bad if you group with someone, i HAVE to group with my wife... 2 level 22's killing level 28s w/ 20% rested xp bonus = 6.2k xp .... LOL sad when its 1.6 mil to get to next level

I don't understand this.  Dont' you kill 2 times faster if you are in a group too.

you kill faster yes, but to get any kind of substantial xp you need to kill mobs 6 levels higher then you, so it in turn becomes slower

ITS FUCKING BORING MAN

standing in a spot, killing HUNDREDS + of the SAME mob.. its MINDLESS ...

plain and simple the game lacks content and is a time sink as far as pve goes

I agree. This is why I left WoW and haven't played in over a year. Aion is a very well polished game that plays well and looks great, but as far as the actual content goes, it's just like every other mind-numbingly boring time-sync of a mind-fuck MMO that caters to people who don't mind spending hours upon hours/months/years of their lives playing through the same exact overly implemented, tired ass type of content that's always been used in MMO's. I'm ready for a developer to actually do something different--something worth-while.

I don't want to come home from school and work and play a game that makes me more bored and tired than I was when I was sitting in fucking traffic.

• AbisbowaAbisbowa Member UncommonPosts: 91

Just keep shoveling food at that troll, they seem to like it. 

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

it IS asian grindfest with nice graphics. and while a few years ago everyone were whining that mmos have too much grind, not interesting/enough quests... etc...

people seem to like Aion.

i just hope mmo developers who were thinking about adding more interesting questing/pve mechanics wont give up and go the easy aion way.

also i dont see why everyone talks about some better group killing/exp and shit like that. you just prove the point that this game is a grindfest. in a grindfest all you do is kill mobs. a lot of them. slowly. for shitty exp...

which is exactly what you do in aion......................

i mean... fans of aion... please admit - you like grindfests.

maybe grindfest wont be such a bad word these days that aion managed to get so many fans... ;]

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by sazabi

it IS asian grindfest with nice graphics. and while a few years ago everyone were whining that mmos have too much grind, not interesting/enough quests... etc...
    i just hope mmo developers who were thinking about adding more interesting questing/pve mechanics wont give up and go the easy aion way.

also i dont see why everyone talks about some better group killing/exp and shit like that. you just prove the point that this game is a grindfest. in a grindfest all you do is kill mobs. a lot of them. slowly. for shitty exp...

maybe grindfest wont be such a bad word these days that aion managed to get so many fans... ;]

You have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

The term "asian grindfest" was used to describe games like Lineage 2 and Ragnarok Online where it took up to a year of dedicated playing to reach the cap.

Aion is only 2 weeks old, with lots of server ques and already people reached the cap.

just because a game doesn't let you max out your character in a week after purchase doesn't mean that it's an asian grindfest.

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Member Posts: 442
    Originally posted by glofish

1. let me get this straight, you have not played the game but you are regurgitating someone else's opinion?

2. I am actually surprised just how many racist assholes are out there ...  labeling entire continents with derogatory terms ... suprised is the wrong word. I am actually saddened and ashamed of individuals likely to belong to my own culture

Edit: Let me get one thing straight bud, you have accomplished nothing compared to the people who envisioned and brought to you this game.Based on the lack of quality in your writing and thoughts, you will likely to never amount to more than posting crap on public forums.

Saying another "crappy Asian MMO" is not really a bad thing. It isn't racist, it's generalization of what a culture generally likes. Most Asian MMOs are "grindfests" or what have you, that's just what comes out of there. Generalization isn't always bad, as long as you use it properly. Just like most Western MMOs (Europe/North America) are quest-driven games.

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by sazabi

You have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

The term "asian grindfest" was used to describe games like Lineage 2 and Ragnarok Online where it took up to a year of dedicated playing to reach the cap.

Aion is only 2 weeks old, with lots of server ques and already people reached the cap.

just because a game doesn't let you max out your character in a week after purchase doesn't mean that it's an asian grindfest.

bro, its an asian grindfest

what was Lineage's lvl cap? what's ragnarok's level cap?

there are some people in my guild that i've seen on pretty much all the time, that are just now hitting 40.....

i understand defending it, because you like it a lot... but be real

I like the game myself

not the pve, grind fest.. but the actual game

You are right... leveling for a year to max level and leveling for 2 months to max level is EXACTLY the same thing...

WoW is a grindfest by your logic as well I presume? If not - I'm going to rofl... in fact, every MMO is a grind fest, even something like Guild Wars that takes you literally 10 hours to get to max level... why is it a grind fest? Because - what do you do after cap? You likely grind for skills... or you grind for ectos.... or you grind for 15k Armor... or 1 mil armor (whatever its called - its been a while)... and yes, you PVP... which, what's really the difference? 

Such rubbish on these forums... swear the posts are getting worse by the day.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

I m not going to go on to why I dislike Aion, because it could take awhile. I will say this, easily the top 3 of boring games I ve played ever. The combat is so boring to me I couldn t handle logging in after 10 levels. I did however try and try again but I couldn t take it anymore, so I cancelled and deleted it off my hardrive.

This discussion has been closed.