Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Again reviewers are wrong and rate an enjoyable Rpg badly (Risen).

2»

Comments

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

My opinion: good game but combat system could have been done better.

And for new players, you can kill giant vultures and other stuff, but watch out at the cute fluffy oneshottin' boars!

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Originally posted by SgtFrog

I was thinking of getting it from steam...10% off if I get it in the next 4 hours.

But I can’t find any reviews....what ones are you talking about.

Goto gamerankings.com the reviews have already started coming in.

so far its at a 45% rating which is utter bullshit.

And to the above poster it plays more like Gothic II.

oh I see, the game was rated by Eurogamer (and some other site).

I never trust Eurogame review I hate that site.

Sgt I posted a video on this forum of Risen check it out and tell me if the game deserves a god damn 4.

I can’t find the video you are talking about but I saw a couple of early gameplay footage and the game looks decent (graphically it’s really nice)

But the game has good metascore http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/risen

Has an average of 8 and 9.5 user score.

So like i said..Eurogamer has the worst reviews out there (imo)

Here ya go buddy.

In the first post I put a two part video link its basically the first 15 minutes of gameplay that show off mechanics and graphics/Ui.

Yeah game looks pretty good, is there a larger verity of classes (or class builder) like in Oblivion

I may get it before the Pre purchase sale end

Edit: (I never played gothic)

You can build your own class through the skill system. kinda like Oblivion.

Wanna know what gothic's like? Smash Morrowind together with Fable and you would have an idea. The Combat is similar to fable while the skill system and that free roaming is like elderscrolls.

Cool, I think I’ll be getting this game...next week probably (dvd) I just go dissidia today, need to play that some first heh.

I’m an impulse buyer...I buy too many games (like 5+ a month)

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

Yes I too am an impulse game buyer. Also buy too many cd's and dvd's. Not so bad now because I'm working lots and laying off the big nights. Just a litttle while ago, within the time of 2 weeks I bought Fallout 3 and all the expansions, Champions Online, Aion, Section 8 and UFC: Undisputed. Also just yesterday bought yet another copy of Lord of the rings online, though that was only $9.

Even though I got all of them and like them and enjoy them along with older games I'm still playing, I STILL want to buy new game. Games such as Risen and Majesty 2 have gained my interest. I got a serious problem. Though if I was low on money I wouldn't be this nuts. Also helps that I'm still living at home. Dont spend my money on much else so it's all good I guess. :/

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Amon_Amarth

Yes I too am an impulse game buyer. Also buy too many cd's and dvd's. Not so bad now because I'm working lots and laying off the big nights. Just a litttle while ago, within the time of 2 weeks I bought Fallout 3 and all the expansions, Champions Online, Aion, Section 8 and UFC: Undisputed. Also just yesterday bought yet another copy of Lord of the rings online, though that was only $9.

Even though I got all of them and like them and enjoy them along with older games I'm still playing, I STILL want to buy new game. Games such as Risen and Majesty 2 have gained my interest. I got a serious problem. Though if I was low on money I wouldn't be this nuts. Also helps that I'm still living at home. Dont spend my money on much else so it's all good I guess. :/

I have over 60 360 games and have only beaten maybe 10 at the most. I have a horrible impulse buy problem also.

My wife says I enjoy collecting game boxes more than actually playing them.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

Far out thats a lot of games. Haha that may well be the case, the boxes are pretty good! :P

I think I just love the feeling of researching a new game and getting all hyped and excited about it, then going to the shops and buying it. Sounds silly but I think thats it. The first few days I'll rave about this new game, then suddenly I'll see a new, completely random games that gains my interest and the cycle restarts.  I really want to get over this. I'm already playing games I enjoy. :(

For now I will not buy any new games including Risen and Majesty 2, though they do look good. I wont even step in a game store for a week. See how I go haha.

For the last couple years I’ve been mainly buying games for my PC. I have 80 games on my steam account and about 50 on DVD >_<

I love the feeling if installing a new game: p sad I know

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

Problem is....the "review" is always on a pre-release version nowadays. They used to review the final product and we would get a real review. When I see a review a month to months before it's release, I always take it with a grain of salt.

or play the demo like I am going to today

:p

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Those who might be intrested there is a demo out now.

Fileplanet > http://www.fileplanet.com/205737/200000/fileinfo/Risen-Demo, downloading as I'm typing here to try it out, see what's it like.

Gamershell > http://www.gamershell.com/download_51644.shtml doesn't need any registration

Official website > http://stream.deepsilver.com/stream/games/risen/en/index2.html

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by AranStormah

Explain please, why is it a bad thing that reviewers review a game in its release condition?
    Afterall, that's the impression we'll all get from the game if we buy it at the time. It's the entire point of a review. To tell us if this is shoddy workmanscraft or something we don't have to wait before trying.
    If a patch comes along and fixes a shitty release they should just re-review it if it's really that much of an improvement.
    Btw, this is the opinion of someone, who like RadioMaryja judging from her avatar, has played Anarchy Online and enjoyed it, despite the fact that it was an unplayable pile of turd that sucked massive donkeyballs for the first year or so of its life. I sure as hell didn't mind the headsup back then that the game I was getting would be pretty much as far from perfect as it was possible to be. It saved me alot of grief as I knew well enough to stay away until it was actually presentable.

I do not think it should be.  Reviews should be given about a month after release IMO.  Giving any quick-fix-patch time to drop in.  Take for example Diablo II.  Review it from 1.00 to 1.06, at release of LOD, 1.07, 1.09, and finally post 1.10+  I think you have a 10x better game now than previous(I play 1.07 occasionally for the uber uniques) and 1.10+ for the fun factor.

I think all MMO's and RPG's for the most part should be dual part reviews, one at launch, more like a preview.  One 1-3months after to see if corrections were made.  That will give people a much better understanding.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

ok...the Demo was short. I finished it

7/10 easily.

I give it a 9 for the game's depth alone.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

This game is excellent.  Anyone who enjoys a good rpg above the typical hack n' slash style needs to try it out.  It'll end up being very under-rated.  The nasty AI, atmosphere and immersiveness is refreshing.  It requires some patience but it rewards generously.

So how is the game holding up now? I may buy it today