Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Jedi should be better than all the other classes, based on the lore!"

2»

Comments

• lvratolvrato Member Posts: 1

First of all, I belive all the classes should be balanced. There's no point in overpowered ones.

But, based on the lore,  force users  (jedi and sIth) are overpowered!

I mean, the best Bounty Hunter ever (Jango) killed a jedi, without a name, with a surprise atack.

I ask you then:  who could defeat the most powerful force users? (Yoda, Palpatine, Mace Windu, Obiwan, Darth Vader)

What i'm saying is: is there a no force use who can win a fight against them? ( 1 x 1)

ps1: Jango had help fighting against Obiwan

ps2: Sorry any errors in english, it isn't my native language

May the force be with you!

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I think it would be funny if they made all the jedi total sissies so that nobody would want to play them.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• lorechaserlorechaser Member Posts: 124

I should really stay out of these threads....

1. The lore is full of people killing Jedi.  As the OP pointed out.  Check Nomi Sunrider's story.

2. In SW IV-VI, the Jedi are rare.  No one has seen one for a long time, no one really knows what can do, or how to counter one.  Thus, they beat every one down.  In times when Jedi are common, I'm fairly sure that's not the case.  It's like in CCGs, when someone gets a new combo.  It's unbeatable for a month or two, until people figure it out, and develop counters, then it's just another gimmick.

3. If you've read Tales of the Jedi, then you know that Boba Fett lightsaber dueled Darth Vader to a stand still.  QED.  (Yes.  It's a "real" story.  I warn you not to read it.  The same TPB has a story about Maul getting resurrected to fight Vader, and ends with the following quote: DM: "What could you hate enough to defeat me?" DV: "Myself."  *groan*).

4. If you want to walk around swinging a light stick and wearing clothing, and consider yourself battle ready, good on ya.  I'm going to suit up in full armor, pick up a BFG, and make swarms of people dead.

Who am I?
    @Lorechaser on CoH
    Badjuju, Splinterhoof, Plainsrunner on WoW (Moonrunner)
    Shyy'rissk on SWG (Flurry)
    ClockworkSoldier, HE Pierce, Letnev on Planetside
    Gyshe, Crucible, Terrakal on DDO
    And many more.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

In episode 3, doesn't General Grevious state he has killed many of jedi during the clone wars?  Didn't half the jedi viewed in the 3rd movie die at the hands of republic troops? 

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

In that case the Sith should be more powerful than the Jedi, based on lore and the movies.