Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13.1 million players...

13»

Comments

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

Wizards 101 is at 5 mill so I'm guess people went to a Wizards for more of a challenge :)

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

The only reason people are demanding official numbers is because they want to be able to say, SEE SEE, FINALLY IT IS DYING!!!

The King is dead, long live the King!

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

No ones demanding official figures but they really are the only ones i will trust . If Blizzard dont release them by the begining of next year it ll be more than obvious why . In a way thier silence will eventually be more damaging than the truth .

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

So when Blizzard finaly does admit they're losing subs, what are people going to do?  Yell, Nya, nya, I told ya so?  After 6 or so years a MMO loses some subs...HOLY $%#^@&;. hehe  Its like proclaiming its going to rain while everyone is holding an umbrella because its starting to drizzle..  No duh sherlock!  You're not brilliant for predicting the obvious.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I think the numbers have always been heavily inflated. Not that I really care. Guess I'm just a pessimist when it comes to stuff like that. I haven't trusted that company since they nerfed Prayer of Mending.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Member Posts: 442
    Originally posted by ronan32

This just more fanboi marketing trying to get people to re-sub...the sheep will see that wow has 13.1 million players and start playing again. Wow sub numbers are like videos of osama bin laden, used to win over the people and get them back on their side.

That's an awful example, Osama bin Laden makes a lot of videos that are just critiques/interviews of his feelings about the United States that are legitment concerns, not that I agree with the way he has gone about business, but he makes good points none-the-less..

Also, I never knew people subbed to a game just because of sub numbers, that's the craziest idea I have ever heard.

• dmcgdmcg Member Posts: 87

If this is anything to go by I cant see how there became a sudden boom of subscribers

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866
    Originally posted by Josher

So when Blizzard finaly does admit they're losing subs, what are people going to do?  Yell, Nya, nya, I told ya so?  After 6 or so years a MMO loses some subs...HOLY $%#^@&;. hehe  Its like proclaiming its going to rain while everyone is holding an umbrella because its starting to drizzle..  No duh sherlock!  You're not brilliant for predicting the obvious.

So if its so obvious why did nt you say it rather than coming on here trying to look smart by being sarcastic . Using no duh sherlock in your post really show you as being a very immature individual  . It is a thread about Blizzards amount of current subsribers which is open to debate . You thought your post would make you look witty and clever but all it does is show you as stupid and sarcastic . The only people it would appeal to are those as pathetic as you are .

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

No doubt they have a crap load of subscribers. But, numbers have little to do with gameplay, not to mention, I'm sure there's a good some odd million spread across other games that dislike it.

In the end, I don't care if the whole freaking world is subscribed, I don't like the game and I don't like Blizz pushing their subscriber numbers over gameplay features.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein