Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LotrO Fans

The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by solareus

Don't forget to cast your review on Aion :) .

Its actually the first MMO that I have 0 interest in trying... It seems so generic I get bored just reading about it. I guess the WoW PvPers will have some fun in it thou!

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Tried Aion  CB and decided LOTRO and EQ2 were better games that i already owned and had time invested in. So, no point in buying it.

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

Still have a valid sub till end of November for Lotro, but I'm actually planning to take a break as I have just started Fallen Earth, and I am tremendously enjoying it.

AION? I don't even know what the hell it is :DD

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I tried Aion and it isn't for me.  I'm staying with EQ2 and LoTR.  Aion is force PvP with some grinding and honestly if the graphics weren't great I'm not sure the game would have anywhere near the following it does now.    Course like so many games lvls 1-20 are friendlier and more fun then the later levels and the game goes from being a nice PvE game to forced PvP so I'm guessing a lot of PvE oriented players will be dropping Aion before long.

---
    Ethion

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Fine, I prefer Aion over LOTRO. There.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • lotrobloggerlotroblogger Member Posts: 19

Aion is an Anime themed, PvP heavy MMOG. I can just look at the screen shots and tell it isn't for me. I suppose I am the wrong person to review Aion. ;)

Waldo Inkwell
    The LOTRO Chronicles

• ManawydanManawydan Member UncommonPosts: 10

I have to admit, I was interested in Aion at first. But, then I saw how PVP centric the game would be and how generic it seemed and I just got turned off to it. I really don't have any desire to give it a try.  My hope is that it will attract in all the PVPers out there and get them the heck away from the games I actually love playing. They've ruined them enough in my opinion.  No offense to those that like to PVP.  Have fun doing what you like. But, stop trying to turn every game out there into what you like when there's already plenty that started out that way. :p

I can't say that I am totally happy with LOTRO right now.  If you asked my that question before Moria came out, it would have been an easy answer of HECK YEAH!  But, now not so much. However, I'd gladly stick with LOTRO over going to Aion.  Find your fun where you can and let others find their fun where ever else they can.

• TettersTetters Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by solareus

Don't forget to cast your review on Aion :) .

I am not sure why you want PVE-centric players to review a PVP game. I hope Aion does well, we need more successful games iin the industry to attract more developers and investors. Alot of my mates play Aion and I can see its not for me, I am not a PVPer any more (too old and three kids under the age of 3 so my home is filled with PVP at the moment) and I dont like anime styling.  I know my mates like it and think it has longevity so lets hope the flamers dont try and destroy it too much.

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by lotroblogger

Aion is an Anime themed, PvP heavy MMOG. I can just look at the screen shots and tell it isn't for me. I suppose I am the wrong person to review Aion. ;)

Same here. Couldn't care less for a game with scantily-clad barbies who speak like my nieces and act even worse.

But I understand people looking for PvP or liking anime style could be interested in it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.