Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caitian

2»

Comments

• MirrorMasterMirrorMaster Member Posts: 11

Looks like we are going to see catgirls on every starbase, standing around using their tails to get catnip and warm milk. LOL We need a canine race to cull their population! :)

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525
    Originally posted by le102071
    Just my opinion, you understand... but I'd say look at the worshipping of Bast over 5000 years ago, and that might have a slight bearing on it.  

Bast.  The original anime cat-girl :)  

I never thought about that for STO.  You can probably make a human with cat ears with their customization features.    I can imagine entire crews of them  /shudder   Klingons will fall into shock from the lethal levels of cute!  

• Cpt_ObviousCpt_Obvious Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Alienovrlord

Bast.  The original anime cat-girl :)  
    I never thought about that for STO.  You can probably make a human with cat ears with their customization features.    I can imagine entire crews of them  /shudder   Klingons will fall into shock from the lethal levels of cute!  

Ugh. It saddens me to see that Egyptian Mythology and Catians are associated with anime.

I'm sorry to say that I have a very dim opinion of anime. I think it's just about the worst expression of art - ever. It is so stylized to the point that the characters are caricatures. They're symbols of character arch-types - it seems that all the male heroes look exactly the same (w/ purple, blue, back, white - whatever color hair). The same goes for the female characters, the "rogue" characters, the "wise elder", the "sidekick", whatever. The doe eyes, mouths and noses are exactly the same, etc, etc.

Coupled with a blatant lack of creativity, it steals snippets of ideas from other cultures with no regard or respect for context. Just do a Google image search for Gilgamesh and you get a mix of Summerian images with a complete non-sequitur Final Fantasy character.

Just my opinion, and apologies for getting off-topic, but when I see some cutesy poofy tail and Hello Kitty ears pinned to a Starfleet uniform I can't help feeling that I will fall into shock with the Klingons.

• sdgdsdgd Member Posts: 19

Call them whatever you want

They will always be Kzinti to me

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

I'm going to make the USS Thunerdercats now... Or maybe not. I would consider having one maybe, but a star ship of furrys would get a bit strange.

• Cpt_ObviousCpt_Obvious Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by sdgd

Call them whatever you want
    They will always be Kzinti to me

Um...why are you smiling like that? 

LOL - that emote is *perfect* for Kizin!

• law573law573 Member UncommonPosts: 89

Captain's Log, stardate 2579.6:

I have assumed command of the fleet's newest cruiser, the U.S.S. Furry. My crew is to be an experimental departure from normal Starfleet protocol in that it will consist entirely of Caitians. As we prepare for departure from space dock, I have most of my senior staff either en route or already in place. The cargo holds are being filled with clumping litter and jingly balls. I can barely contain my excitement for this maiden voyage.

Commander Yiff has been assigned as my tactical officer and will serve as first officer due to her extensive experience and our close, personal relationship.

Lt. Cmdr. Bigglesworth has been convinced to leave his prestigious post at the Caitian Nepeta Science Academy and brings with him the expertise gained in a lifetime of studying flora.

Lt. Snugglebunny will be our security chief. He is well on the road to recovery after his capture by the Klingons. I am confident he will overcome the self-doubt he now suffers as a result of the Klingon's having him declawed.

Lt. Twinketoes has been assigned as chief helmsman

Ensign Scrappy is my first choice for navigator.

and last but not least, my personal assistant:

Yeoman PuddyPuddy

Regards,

Captain Phineas T. Whiskers

You are playing a video game. By definition that means you are not hardcore.

• BidiotBidiot Member Posts: 5

Im really not a fan of weird cat monsters

• KinneasKinneas Member Posts: 29

There are some great exo-political stories popping up now that the 'Disclosure Project' has been going.

One story is that the Lyran/Caitan/Kzinti/ 'A Cat species',  'created' mankind and most of the humanoid life in this region of space.

That would explain cat psychology a lot.   

Anyway.  Interesting stuff out there on the supposed races currently surrounding Earth.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404
    Originally posted by law573

I have assumed command of the fleet's newest cruiser, the U.S.S. Furry. My crew is to be an experimental departure from normal Starfleet protocol in that it will consist entirely of Caitians. As we prepare for departure from space dock, I have most of my senior staff either en route or already in place. The cargo holds are being filled with clumping litter and jingly balls. I can barely contain my excitement for this maiden voyage.
    Commander Yiff has been assigned as my tactical officer and will serve as first officer due to her extensive experience and our close, personal relationship.
    Lt. Cmdr. Bigglesworth has been convinced to leave his prestigious post at the Caitian Nepeta Science Academy and brings with him the expertise gained in a lifetime of studying flora.
    Lt. Snugglebunny will be our security chief. He is well on the road to recovery after his capture by the Klingons. I am confident he will overcome the self-doubt he now suffers as a result of the Klingon's having him declawed.
    Yeoman PuddyPuddy
    Regards,

You forgot to include large amounts of cat nip with the litter and jingle bells. Your crew wouldn't need to drink any synthahol at least with cat nip around.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by law573

Yeoman PuddyPuddy
    Regards,

I don't know why Cat People types are always characterized in this manner. Does no one remember the Kilrathi from the Wing Commander series? Now there were some bad ass Cat dudes!!! I hope the Catians are represented more like them in STO.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }