Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Based on all current information will you be playing SW:TOR?

Comments

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by Binko
    Originally posted by Punkre * WoW wannabe ugly cartoon silly graphics with huge b.u.t.t ugly weapons.
    Your an idiot that just wants realism in every MMO, no one wants that any more as all games that have tried lately failed.
    * Jedis will run all over the galaxie.
    Yea and Sith, also every one is gonna be a Bounty Hunter cus every one wants to be a Bounty Hunter like Bobba fett, O and Smugglers cus u know those guys are just Han Solo wannabees....
    * Jedi will be OP.
    Explain in the Swtor Site in interview that Jedi will not be the end all be all class, maybe thats what you think they should be since you just watch the new movies way too much but they already stated that classes will be balanced as other classes will be able to kill a Jedi.
    * And the game look just silly. Something for +3. (Maybe it is from +3?)
    Its in Alpha, give it a break for the model movements and what not.

So I just want realism? Ok... well I sure don't wanna play a game that look like WoW and cartoonish.  What games have failed for having great graphics? AoC? TR? Do you think it was the graphics that killed them???? Haha. And you call me an idiot...
    About the Jedis. All I can say is... wait and you will see. Trust me on this one.
    Alpha yes, and no it will not change much.
    People like to call me troll or stupid. It's easy when someone do not like your game. But most of the time I have been right about the games that I do not like. Some have lost a lot of subs, some have even been killed.
    I see a lot of Bioware is the best here, people forget about Lucas. Even if Bioware might be great. Lucas can still mess around with this game. Don't forget that!
    Have fun!

Trust you? That's rich. You play and actively defend Warhammer Online, a game that is dying faster than almost any P2P I've ever seen (they're down to 11 servers in NA + EU, that's LESS than AOC lol).

Now run back to WAR, you really should be spending most of your time in the game to get your maximum value, I doubt that game has long to live.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I grew up with Star Wars and Star Trek, so not trying a MMO based on it is not a option for me. Also I played KOTOR and KOTOR2 so I know Star Wars is in capable hands with Bioware.

And as far as graphics are concerned, I'll take stylized over realistic any day of the week for an MMO. I dunno it's something refreshing about experiencing a art style that flows together well. That and I'm kinda burned out on the ultra realistic approach being adopted. It's fine for a little bit, but they tend to get generic from game to game. I'm also a explorer type MMO player and I always seem to get more satisfaction out of unique art directions when I decide to explore the lands.

Like in WoW, when I crossed into Duskwood, the sky got darker and more blues were used, trees took on more sinister shapes, giant webs, broken down carts and farmhouses littered the landscape and I knew I was in a tougher area before I even seen the first mob. Setting up an experience like that is doable in realistic games, but rarely fits together so nicely. I'm sure Bioware can deliver the same type of experience with TOR.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• PunkrePunkre Member Posts: 92

Funny how every time you mention that every MMO that has had "realism" based designed has failed and they will argue to the death that it wasn't based on graphics.

While MMOs fail for a lot of reasons, mostly because they try to take on the WoW juggernaught rather than pull for those not playing the game in the end it couldn't be that the game was unappealing to the eye, Graphics also btw dont account for artistic creativity with games as well, WoW has some of the most visually appealing landscapes ever to look at, they beat any thing I have seen in FF11, AoC, WAR.

As for the Cartoonish thing, I really am hating all this crap over it, you just hate it because WoW did it and you cant stand WoW so you hate any thing that reminds you of the game.

Back to Swtor, Looks good, still unsure based on classes that have not been announced. I might just end up playing it for the story and stop playing it at max level cap if the story doesn't progress into raiding/pvp.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Judging from everything I've heard so far, if there is a subscription fee, I probably won't bother.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

yes i will. I LOVE the direction SW:TOR is heading and I hope they dont back off of their intent just because of a vocal minority.

• There is absolutely no doubt I will be.

The PAX videos reminded me though that this really is just another mmo - the skillbar, the icons in the skillbar, the xp bar, the movement, the emotes all so familiar. Even if it will be a lot of Star Wars fun, and I will no doubt have a ball at least for a year, I begin to wonder about mmo games. Eve and TCoS are two games I have trialed that truly have a different look and feel to WoW et al. One is a grand success the other not so much. I think I was hoping that SWTOR would also be quite different and I'm a little dissapointed it isn't (from what I've seen so far). The fully voiced interactions will possibly set SWTOR apart... can't wait to see. :)

• PharaDarPharaDar Member Posts: 44

It looks fun to try will give it a go but..

seriously only 8 classes? 4 on each side...really cant see a diverse grouping  mechanic beyond the usual DPS tank spank..I understand if they want quality story and voice they must limit choices somewhat but was amazed just appears to be 4 per side !

The top heavy and tiny wasited models dont appeal to me ..Wowing star wars i guess to appeal to more people

I liked in the video how seems to be some A.I with enemies taking cover and stuff that looks good but not really a unique MMO feature. Just kind of wondering now how the end game pans out to make it into an MMO rather than a story based thing.

• NongeNonge Member Posts: 28

Absolutely!!

• RoosterNashRoosterNash Member Posts: 283

uhh, yes.

THE Rooster Nash

• MorganL420MorganL420 Member Posts: 10

based on current info, maybe. I do need more info than what has been offered before i make a definate decision. I think it looks like it might be fun but i cant guarantee that I will play it.

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

I will try the game atleast, so far it looks very promising!

:)

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Yes of course I will be, it's the only MMO game I have any interest in right now, I cannot stand the 100's of fantasy genre games out there, SWG and CoH/CoV had their days and Champions Online is kind of dull.

• PC2009PC2009 Member Posts: 15

Yes. For sure

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

IF the rumor about an item shop with a pay to play model is true .. no. If the rumor is not true ... then HELL YES!

• minix2poominix2poo Member Posts: 49

Since its Star Wars i think i am gonna give it a try. But i clicked on Undecided in the poll, coz if this game becomes itemmall based and not p2p, i wont touch it.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

nope, the look look axactly like swg ,inside ship,men dont they know how to design bilkhead and all without being a ressource hog ,they should do a bit of research gees ,swg was made 6 years ago and lot of part look as good now .its not cartoony but its not looking cg either ,its a bad look.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Ruyn

I'm a huge Star Wars fan.  That said, I won't be playing this game.  Poor design decisions.  Should have been a sandbox.

See, I like Star Wars (not a HUGE fan), this isn't even Star Wars - it's KOTOR.

It's got other issues as well. It doesn't appeal to me.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

nope, the look look axactly like swg ,inside ship,men dont they know how to design bilkhead and all without being a ressource hog ,they should do a bit of research gees ,swg was made 6 years ago and lot of part look as good now .its not cartoony but its not looking cg either ,its a bad look.

What are you saying? are you saying it looks exactly like SWG? if that is what you are trying to say could you post some pics of the NEW look of SWG. I remember playing SWG and it never looked like TOR.

Too many game try to come out with top notch graphics and the only thing it does is dates the game. WoW took a cartoony look and its worked for it. I think this stylized look is a good idea for the long run of the game.

Yes, I wll buy this game via pre order and do everything I can to get into the beta!

• DSLA1195DSLA1195 Member Posts: 6

I don't think that  they are going to do the same thing twice, that would be annoying.

SWG is low out dated grathics with alot of lag and junk. the people in this are like yoda when he is really really young and all kinds of other chacters u have never seen. plz the grathics are going to be awesome

• zunarnzunarn Member CommonPosts: 97

I'm going to give it a shot at least. Trying not to except too much though as it's over-hyped already as it is. Give me space, crafting and housing similar to SWG and I'm set. I hope I get to beta test it first though.

• minix2poominix2poo Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Originally posted by Ruyn

I'm a huge Star Wars fan.  That said, I won't be playing this game.  Poor design decisions.  Should have been a sandbox.

See, I like Star Wars (not a HUGE fan), this isn't even Star Wars - it's KOTOR.

It's got other issues as well. It doesn't appeal to me.

erm no... this is SWTOR....

• TadamitsuTadamitsu Member Posts: 118

duhh   I really want this one.

played:WoW and Eve off and on 5 years
    Tried:CoH/V, PoTBS, War, TR, STO, FE
    TOR is likely to rock

• whpshwhpsh Member Posts: 199

I voted yes, because I will, for a month or two. But once the story plays out, I'm not entirely sure what they're going to have that will keep me around.

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221

yeah i will try the first 30 days

i already know it is a waste of money but i want to see my swg friends again

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    Originally posted by stillkillin

yeah i will try the first 30 days
    i already know it is a waste of money but i want to see my swg friends again

That's crazy talk!

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter