Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keep getting logged out

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

This just started happening over the last few days.  I go to another page by starting a new tab to do some research, mmorpg is still open,  I come back and refresh, I have to log in again.

Has something changed?  I already have the check box for auto login in my profile, but it doesnt matter.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

Could you provide your browser details please? 

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Halpot

Could you provide your browser details please? 

Firefox

Version 3.0.14

Havent changed anything.

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

Thanks.  

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Yep tons of bugs going on.I got a response asking to login ,responding to this post and i was clearly logged in already.I am having other issues as well,the same as pretty much everyone else on the site.Click a page and it sends you off somewhere else,the same when you sometimes click on a post.

The bugs have actually been happening for at least a week now,that is why i am posting here to see if anyone is on it?I would say these bugs have been going on for about 2 weeks actually.

I have Firefox 3.5.3,everything is on auto update,and same as others ,i don't think it is any issue on our side,i think the code needs to be looked over.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Yep tons of bugs going on.I got a response asking to login ,responding to this post and i was clearly logged in already.I am having other issues as well,the same as pretty much everyone else on the site.Click a page and it sends you off somewhere else,the same when you sometimes click on a post.
    The bugs have actually been happening for at least a week now,that is why i am posting here to see if anyone is on it?I would say these bugs have been going on for about 2 weeks actually.
    I have Firefox 3.5.3,everything is on auto update,and same as others ,i don't think it is any issue on our side,i think the code needs to be looked over.

We removed a system on the site that would leave a user logged in indefinitely once logged in and left a tab to the site open.  This was causing multiple issues from contests to bloating of our session system.  The session timeout was a measly 20 minutes and probably not enough time for a lot of folks to type a forum post.  I've upped the session timeout to 2 hours now.  I did fix a pretty large issue with forum links a week or so back that was causing people to get directed back to the general discussion area.  For threads / posts that have been deleted we'll add a message to the page when redirected to give users more information on why they've been redirected.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -