Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about new features

Hello:

I read some of the posts here about a "new targeting system" and "new zones for PvP"

I have a few questions regarding those features:

1) By new targeting system, does that mean you don't click on the enemy's avatar and drag off to the side a graphic which becomes a tile?

2) What are the new PvP zones exactly, and how do they work?  FFA? Dueling?  Also, is PvP still dominated by who has the best equipment, like it was after AoS?  I remember trying to fight against players with like 4 artifacts and fast casting jewelry -- is that still the paradigm?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Comments

• haddasmhaddasm Member Posts: 11

I can answer one of these questions: the new target system is very generic but works well. When you log in you must toggle off the legacy targeting in options for this new system to be used. 

You can now left click on a npc or creature and a panel much like the ones in WoW will pop up at the top of the screen. I like this system because then you can double left click on this portrait of the creature and attack instead of the actual model (my horse sometimes gets in the way).

• EyrothathEyrothath Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Sidetracked

Hello:
    I read some of the posts here about a "new targeting system" and "new zones for PvP"
    I have a few questions regarding those features:
    1) By new targeting system, does that mean you don't click on the enemy's avatar and drag off to the side a graphic which becomes a tile?
    2) What are the new PvP zones exactly, and how do they work?  FFA? Dueling?  Also, is PvP still dominated by who has the best equipment, like it was after AoS?  I remember trying to fight against players with like 4 artifacts and fast casting jewelry -- is that still the paradigm?
    Thanks in advance for all your help!

PvP in UO is entirely FFA still.. Felucca is all PVP, and there is some new PvP Zones in the new expansion, where they added in a new land mass.. You can also fight in guilds.. But UO currently has no dueling.. And yes, PvP is very gear based.. If you do not have millions to spend towards gear, you will have a hard time in PvP..