Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 7 Ultimate

Fracking BEST EWA OPERATING SYSTEM (running the 64bit version)!!!!! Running like a CHAMP! I have no complaints what so ever! Microsoft you MADE IT finally! NUFF SAID!

And it's practically free if you know what I mean.

R.I.P Chikaca Whachuchuimage

Comments

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

yup. Im running windows 7 ultimate 64bit myself. I have to agree. I love it.

• dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339

No problems with drivers or anything?

• mortharxmortharx Member Posts: 293
    Originally posted by Mizzoufan

None whatsoever. Brotha.

Originally posted by Mizzoufan

None here. Since the NT kernel was only updated (6.0 to 6.1) instead of a huge leap like they did with XP. (5.0 to 6.0) Most of everything you want to do is compatible. Gameguard has some issues along with Punkbuster.

Other than that windows 7 is MUCH better than XP and vista

and its faster than Vista and XP put together.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Windows 7 is just a retooled Windows Vista,  However, its new features are so much better like never having to hunt down hardware drivers.

Im still contemplating if I need Windows 7.  I stripped my Windows Vista down so much I don't have any performance issues.  Also my specs are complete overkill which helps as well.  I can't really think of any reason to switch OS aside from easier setup and more streamlined driver updates.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

OK where do you get it?

Originally posted by Teala

OK where do you get it?

Well you BUY it when it is released you silly girl! Only for a couple days worth of work or less..

Unless your a bad girl? Are you?

Originally posted by Cleffy

I can't really think of any reason to switch OS aside from easier setup and more streamlined driver updates.

There you go brother why invite such trouble?

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Then how are you running it when it is not even out yet unless you are running the beta version.

Then how are you running it when it is not even out yet unless you are running the beta version.

Yep. I'm running the beta version alright

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

The final release has been available for pirates for some time now.

I did use windows 7 for a couple of days, but it's audiodg.exe process would randomly take up a full core. The only reason I know is because I monitor the system performance, didn't actually notice any slow downs when playing (Got a pretty good rig). It's enough of a problem to annoy me to going to Vista x64. Furthermore there are a few drivers not working correctly, such as drivers for the Razer Lycosa. Windows 7 is good and all, but it STILL has issues, unlike what some people choose to think. It's also going to roughly a year before it's as stable as Vista is now.

I do like the new taskbar. It's awesome.

Originally posted by Jackcolt

Windows 7 is good and all, but it STILL has issues

I suppose thats why it's in beta still ? I mean there's tons of manufacturers there's always someone's hardware that doesn't work properly and it needs to be perfected with software to balance it.

The RTM was released to MSDN and Technet users and they get free keys. and people who signed up for the Windows 7 launch party thing got free signature copies of ultimate.

and to the guy above me. Its gone golden. ITs releasing the 22nd of this month. Beta ended.

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Yeh I have a problem with it cause Microsoft have dropped all support for gaming and done nothing towards helping it on Windows with 7 : This IS is basically what Vista shoulda been so nothing special.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561
    Originally posted by Varny

Yeh I have a problem with it cause Microsoft have dropped all support for gaming and done nothing towards helping it on Windows with 7 : This IS is basically what Vista shoulda been so nothing special.

Not true. The whole 'dropped all support for gaming' thing. While DirectX 11 will be available for Vista too, its optimized for Windows 7 and some features might be contingent upon it. Intel and Nvidia have only blogged Microsoft working with them about Windows 7 concerning it. I'd think game developers are quite excited about the real time tesselation, GPGPU functionality and above all the reception 7 has been garnering which seems to ensure its longevity.

Granted its going to take awhile for DirectX 11 games to roll out, the first being Crysis 2 I think, I believe Windows 7 + DirectX 11 hardware will be a much better gamble than Vista + DirectX 10 hardware for early adopters.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Microsoft are truly clever.

• 1. Get monopoly.
    • 2. Release a new operating system that's bad in every kind of way, except one: the visuals. So that everyone who looks at it will think "fuck, I need to upgrade to that".
    • 3. Quit supporting the previous operating system. Now there's no return.
    • 4. Patience. Wait while more and more people are getting the new operating system, and realize that it's bad in every kind of way except one.
    • 5. Show this awesome operating system that will fix all of the previous programs errors and which will be much better in every way!
    • 6. Provide a free beta and everyone with the old bad operating system (that's bad in every kind of way except one) will get it and praise it because they're comparing it to their current, bad, operating system.
    • 7. The ones who didn't buy the new, bad, operating system will only hear good things and go buy the new operating system. The ones who bought the new, bad, operating system will essentially be forced to buy it, and love it.

The results is that everyone will forget about that little incident with the bad operating system and instead start loving Microsoft for how good the new one is, plus that Microsoft manages to make everyone upgrade (except my school which of course won't be able to afford it so it will have to stick to Windows 2000). Very clever.

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Oh wow DX11 cause Dx10 did alot and Direct X11 will be completly useless until consoles have it cause Microsoft drove the games industyr on the PC to the ground and now they're all porting from the consoles to the PC.

Originally posted by Varny

Oh wow DX11 cause Dx10 did alot and Direct X11 will be completly useless until consoles have it cause Microsoft drove the games industyr on the PC to the ground and now they're all porting from the consoles to the PC.

Don't be so depressed there, buddy. Microsoft didn't do anything to harm the PC gaming market; its one of the last few entities keeping it alive. The future of PC gaming will probably remain cross-platform dependent with fewer AAA exclusives than consoles to bring home every holiday season, but it'll continue to exceed in the areas that it can, and DirectX11 offers one such competitive advantage.

Be merry! While DX11 games won't roll out with 7's launch, they'll most certainly have more meaning and clout than the DX10 bunch.

• Chase05Chase05 Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by Godliest

1. Get monopoly.
    2. Release a new operating system that's bad in every kind of way, except one: the visuals. So that everyone who looks at it will think "fuck, I need to upgrade to that".
    3. Quit supporting the previous operating system. Now there's no return.
    4. Patience. Wait while more and more people are getting the new operating system, and realize that it's bad in every kind of way except one.
    5. Show this awesome operating system that will fix all of the previous programs errors and which will be much better in every way!
    6. Provide a free beta and everyone with the old bad operating system (that's bad in every kind of way except one) will get it and praise it because they're comparing it to their current, bad, operating system.
    7. The ones who didn't buy the new, bad, operating system will only hear good things and go buy the new operating system. The ones who bought the new, bad, operating system will essentially be forced to buy it, and love it.

The results is that everyone will forget about that little incident with the bad operating system and instead start loving Microsoft for how good the new one is, plus that Microsoft manages to make everyone upgrade (except my school which of course won't be able to afford it so it will have to stick to Windows 2000). Very clever.

I have to agree with you on this one.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    Originally posted by mortharx

Windows 7 is good and all, but it STILL has issues

I suppose thats why it's in beta still ? I mean there's tons of manufacturers there's always someone's hardware that doesn't work properly and it needs to be perfected with software to balance it.

Version I used was RTM.

• UshibaruUshibaru Member Posts: 65

I tried the windows 7 beta and rc version i installed it and i love the features even though it's like the upgraded vista. but my major problem then is the compatibility with some of the application. but it's good somehow. ^^

The final release has been available for pirates for some time now.
    I did use windows 7 for a couple of days, but it's audiodg.exe process would randomly take up a full core. The only reason I know is because I monitor the system performance, didn't actually notice any slow downs when playing (Got a pretty good rig). It's enough of a problem to annoy me to going to Vista x64. Furthermore there are a few drivers not working correctly, such as drivers for the Razer Lycosa. Windows 7 is good and all, but it STILL has issues, unlike what some people choose to think. It's also going to roughly a year before it's as stable as Vista is now.

I do like the new taskbar. It's awesome.

Bad advice there.

The audiodg.exe issue you were having is due to an old Creative driver. You'd have the exact same issue on a fresh Vista install without a driver update. Creative has a section now dedicated to Windows 7 drivers and you shouldn't have such an issue; even if you do, then its still a rather known bug with the driver, not Windows 7 or Vista for that matter.

The same goes with drivers for your Razer Lycosa, Windows 7 compatible ones have already been released.

If anyone were dabbling around with a pirated version prior to release then they'd really have no business complaining, since manufacturers had no obligations to release drivers prior to RTM on account of that kind of activity. That said, most of 'em like Creative and Razer mentioned here do have Windows 7 targeted drivers out now, but at the same time the OS isn't so finicky that drivers for Vista and XP haven't been working without a hitch for it.

Anyway, take "roughly a year" for what? You'd have to specify something actually wrong with it to make that claim.

• UshibaruUshibaru Member Posts: 65

Thanks for the information. ^^

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317
    Originally posted by Godliest

1. Get monopoly.
    2. Release a new operating system that's bad in every kind of way, except one: the visuals. So that everyone who looks at it will think "fuck, I need to upgrade to that".
    3. Quit supporting the previous operating system. Now there's no return.
    4. Patience. Wait while more and more people are getting the new operating system, and realize that it's bad in every kind of way except one.
    5. Show this awesome operating system that will fix all of the previous programs errors and which will be much better in every way!
    6. Provide a free beta and everyone with the old bad operating system (that's bad in every kind of way except one) will get it and praise it because they're comparing it to their current, bad, operating system.
    7. The ones who didn't buy the new, bad, operating system will only hear good things and go buy the new operating system. The ones who bought the new, bad, operating system will essentially be forced to buy it, and love it.

It's less of Microsoft being clever and more of you being a clueless idiot.

member of imminst.org

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

I've been using the final version of Windows 7 Pro for over a month now, and just like I don't get all of the scorn for Vista, I don't get all of the love for the half assed hack job that 7 is.

I used from when it's early release until when the Windows 7 RTM was released to technet, and it was nothing but a pure pleasure.  It ran fast and is by far the most stable OS I've ever used. (and I've used a lot)  Windows 7 has been a mixed bag.  So far for office computers it has been great.  It runs fast and stable.  Gaming though has been a completely different story.

I reformatted my home computer for the first time since I got it years ago replacing Vista Ultimate with 7 pro.  It ended up being such a mess I ended up giving up on it, something that I never do with computers, and switched it with my work computer, a brand new core i7 build.  Well, that confirmed that it wasn't the hardware.  It's rare to play any game without some kind of crash, often weird ones where it just exits the game without any warning or error to be found.  It's hard to fix problems when they are not recognized as errors.  These are all games that always ran perfectly in Vista.

Then again, anyone who knows computers can see the snake oil dripped all over Vista.  Microsoft realized the average user is to ignorant to realize that it's not a bad idea for ram to be used.  Memory management was done so well in Vista, but the average user was clueless, so Microsoft did a half assed hack job to make ram usage show as lower when 7 is idle.  Everyone is happy as the average user is happy to see their ram go to waste, and they are certainly not going to notice how much quicker their rams fills up with they are actually doing stuff.  I multi-task a lot at work, and while I could easily get by with 4 gigs of ram in Vista, with 7 my computer chugs to a near halt with a full load unless I have a minimum of 6 gig.

Are their improvements in 7?  Yes.  Are there as many steps backwards?  Definately.  A lot of the ideas are good, and Microsoft is trying to go in the right direction.  Maybe they'll get there in a service pack or in Windows 8, but anyone expecting the miracle changes that everyone is touting is going to be very dissapointed when they install that final version of windows 7

member of imminst.org