Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where do we go now?

MasterChaosMasterChaos Member Posts: 75
I see a lot of people talking about DnL.  Now that Wish is gone I am looking at Hero's Journey.  It is very early in development yet, but its Simutronics.  I started my online gaming in Dragon's Gate (if anyone remembers it).  What info they have up so far looks the closest to Wish for me, and I already know the company making it.  Just my thoughts on where us Wish refugees can go next.

Comments

• GilGadalGilGadal Member Posts: 29

Me and the rest of the guild are in the same boat. Although me and ALtherion have taken the fall of wish pretty hard and going into a spiral depression LoL...as sad as that sounds.

I will go and look at this game...there are ppl tlaking abotu DnL...along with Mourning...I don't know I really don't have them capturing my attention like Wish did...and now I am going to be so much harder to please

ChK ';..;' Gil ';..;' ChK
    Leader of the Crimson Hell Knights
    www.crimsonhellknights.tk

ChK ';..;' Gil ';..;' ChK
    Leader of the Crimson Hell Knights
    www.crimsonhellknights.tk

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

FYI:

Many from Wish are posting on the offical DnL community forums atm...

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

• MorriganMorrigan Member Posts: 242

as well as http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/index.php3?s=781a6195532c714f8a42e8d6b7f1ab7e

for Mourning

As people search out for something new, I wish you all an enjoyable adventure in the process!

www.darthmyr.com

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!

http://www.darthmyr.com for free guild forums

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    dark age of camelot is a very fun and good game. that si were some of my friends are going. they were waiting for wish to come out until the sad day has come. then i showed them daoc and know they are going to play it ^_^

• delinquentdelinquent Member Posts: 16

Given my depression at Wish's end (I did just drop a load of money on a new video card just so I could Beta test it), I'm currently experiencing serious gaming hopelessness. Nothing else on the horizon has me excited even half as much as Wish did.

But, (for lack of any other options) I'm going back to my roots and just picked up Catacombs.

So, I guess the Mythic team can thanks MR for giving me no other options that "Returning to Camelot".

"I left because it is an evil F'n cult, I like beer, I like women, I like to smoke, and if I could I would smoke women." -my buddy on Jehovah Witnesses

"I left because it is an evil F'n cult, I like beer, I like women, I like to smoke, and if I could I would smoke women." -my buddy on Jehovah Witnesses

• bolongjajibolongjaji Member Posts: 21
    i looked at all of the ones ppl suggested after wish...DnL, mourning,underlight....they all suck horribly compared to wish. will look at the one u suggested though

• MasterChaosMasterChaos Member Posts: 75

I dont know if we will see truely live content in a game again, but like say Simutronics has been around for ages and started with MUDs.  Another game I have been looking at for a while is Legendary Adventure.  It's not quite fantasy, kinda a mix, but the brain driving the project is Gary Gygax.  If anyone knows what roleplaying is supposed to be it has to be that guy.

I am still a little sore at MR for canceling my game.  Mourning might be ok, DnL might be also.  Those two are a lot closer to being EQ clones though.  Wish was really original.  They tried to do something no one else is doing and I loved it.  I dont see Mourning or DnL being as ground breaking as Wish was, but I am hoping Hero's Journey, and Legendary Adventure will be closer to a ROLE playing game.  Just my thoughts.

• NirawhoNirawho Member Posts: 26

go in under this link http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/508/loadthread/29838/setstart/1/loadclass/173
    i think DnL will fit fine for people who wantet wish

• MorriganMorrigan Member Posts: 242

It all depends on what you seek.

Mourning will be PVP/RP. If you don't like PvP, I doubt that will be the game for you :)

www.darthmyr.com

http://www.darthmyr.com for free guild forums

• AglacaAglaca Member Posts: 21
    Dnl is a very good choice i recommend you all that cutey gameimage

• ArislanArislan Member Posts: 43

Go to Mourning.

As long as you dont like Level-Games like me.

Most of the games in MMO-market are crap, beacause you need to level. And leveling is the most boring experience in games i made.
    In real world... you are NOT making experience to get for example 50 graduations! You NEVER get your skill higher after getting a graduation!!! hello? (leveling games)

In real world you are making experience to get for example 1 graduation for your skill! That means first you prove/improve your skill then getting graduation!!! (skill based games)

IMO level games are for "simple" people who like things to be done easy..... those players havent any high demands!

• nephillimnephillim Member Posts: 291

I'm still wandering round the web looking for an MMO to catch my interest.

EQ2... generic anyone?
    WoW.... overrated??
    DnL... dunno.... i don't have much to say about it. didn't interest me at all
    Horizons.. The website confused me
    Star Wars Galaxies free trial wouldn't download.

So, I've decided to give Saga of Ryzom a try. It caught my interest back whe it was in Beta, so now I'm gonna give it a try.
    I don't expect it to compare to Wish, but hey, the story and setting really interests me.

-it's just a dream-

[we need a worldwide genocide/ a planetary suicide/ and when the whole damned world is dead/ there''s your f***ing peace]

•   Most people recommend Dark and Light. Same fantasy genre, huge world, you can also use PnC if you like, you can easily PvE if you don't want PvP. In fact there are lots of Wish refugees there now.

• sygmassygmas Member Posts: 949

Go to your bathtub

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

Personally, I'm watching DarkFall and Mourning...DnL is still level/class based and I'm just sick of that.

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

Originally posted by Kane

Personally, I'm watching DarkFall and Mourning...DnL is still level/class based and I'm just sick of that.

DnL is both skill and level based, its actually a combination.

• WotannWotann Member Posts: 294

Originally posted by blacksac

DnL is both skill and level based, its actually a combination.

Yes, you got the best of two worlds. Plus you have two separate experience lines, fighting and social. Raising one fighting level gives you 2 fighting skill points and 1 social skill point to distribute on skill/power trees, and vice versa for social level line.

Nemo sine vitio est

Nemo sine vitio est

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

if nothing else sign up for a beta at the site, or watch the trailer, DnL looks like the apex of MMOs to me, but thats just me. not sure how close it will come in live events though. i think they are working as hard as possible to make it as immersive as possible and so far, fraom what ive seen, it will be great. plus they have a pretty great community.

Make of it what you will.