Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there PvP?

professerprofesser Member Posts: 102

Whats the pvp like in FE?

I don't want to play any carebear shit. Can I kill people?

Comments

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Yeah and twitch based pvp to boot!

• professerprofesser Member Posts: 102

Sectors eh? Can any one elaborate on that some?

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

From what ive read the sectors are like leveling area's S1 kinda being the starter area ect. moving to S2 then S3. I know that game has conflict towns that can be fought for by the factions, but dont know alot yet as i dont play, but do plain on buying it.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by professer

Sectors eh? Can any one elaborate on that some?

Well there is one majority map atm called Grand Canyon, and it's broken up into three sectors that act like a region w/ a different look I would suppose. One says it's a forest, but I haven't gotten there.

Beyond what everyone else said, I have seen these mini arenas scattered around the zones and it says "approaching PvP area" as you get near them. They seem unused, but I assume that is how you PvP in the early sectors.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

I am lvl 9, last night i headed towards a PVP area on the map, as i heard that you can get more resources from scavenging there.

As i approached i was warned that i am approaching a pvp area, then as i went on further i got flagged for pvp for 5 minutes. The area i was in was just above Boneclaw.

There were a load of shipping containers, arranged like a little maze, with quite a few scavenging points. As i was scavenging i got killed by a lvl17 quid rapidly and respawned in a nearby cloning facility. With the usual death de-buff and one of my pistol's condition was down to 60%, so it seems damage sustained is more in pvp.

Went back to get my horse and got killed again (tried to fight the lvl 17 back but it was futile). After that i did manage to get my horse back, did a bit more scavenging and then left.

I guess i need a few more levels before going back there....as i am sure it will provide some good experience.

• FedacorrFedacorr Member Posts: 45

All sectors in Fallen Earth have PvP areas.   In Sector 1, the attraction is that they have 'better' crafting materials scavenging nodes in those areas.

In S2 and beyond, the same, and also an ability for a faction to 'capture' a town, switching its guards and merchants over to that faction, and upgrading the guards and merchants, all by doing various missions (a lot).  PvP comes into that by being used to interfere with the PvE missions, and also as specific missions to kill other players.

In a PvP area, everyone is a target.  Including your own faction, clan, and teammates.  Including your horse/vehicle.   Friendly Fire Isn't.

One problem is that if you're attacked by someone of your, or an allied faction, and you are so rude as to fight back and kill them, you take a faction hit for doing so.  Attackers aren't made responsible for their actions, other than taking a faction hit themselves if they win.

Roughly 30% of each zone's towns, in S2 and beyond, are conflict towns where PvP is enabled.  This also is about the fraction of the total sector area that is PvP enabled.

By design, you should never be forced to enter a PvP zone, though there are some PvE missions that take you into them, if you choose to do them.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by VultureSkull

I am lvl 9, last night i headed towards a PVP area on the map, as i heard that you can get more resources from scavenging there.
    As i approached i was warned that i am approaching a pvp area, then as i went on further i got flagged for pvp for 5 minutes. The area i was in was just above Boneclaw.
    There were a load of shipping containers, arranged like a little maze, with quite a few scavenging points. As i was scavenging i got killed by a lvl17 quid rapidly and respawned in a nearby cloning facility. With the usual death de-buff and one of my pistol's condition was down to 60%, so it seems damage sustained is more in pvp.
    Went back to get my horse and got killed again (tried to fight the lvl 17 back but it was futile). After that i did manage to get my horse back, did a bit more scavenging and then left.
    I guess i need a few more levels before going back there....as i am sure it will provide some good experience.

As a tip, you can tow your horse at any stable. Also, as another tip, leave your horse outside the PvP area.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• twhinttwhint Member UncommonPosts: 559

Personally, I would just say this game isn't for you based on what you're saying. Perhaps Darkfall would be more to your liking.

• dspawndspawn Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by VultureSkull

actually that jerk shouldnt have been there, s1 if for level 15 and below, anyone pvping above that level in that area is just a ganker

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I don't even thing level disparity matters too much in this game. That lvl 20 could be a pure crafter and therefore a pushover, or maybe he's specced differently and you can take advantage of that. Lvls only hand out attribute points, and where you place those matters.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

Nah, I'm pretty sure level matters and any a-hole that hangs out in a low level PvP zone is sure to be spec'd to PvP.

There is no reason to PvP until Sector 3, and then only so you can gather resources or farm faction.

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

I have only pvp'd in sector one, in the maze near boneclaw.

It is certainly resource rich, and i you are quick you can get a lot of goodies fast.

The actual pvp is pretty quick and brutal. People can spend hours sorting out buffs and stats and items, but overall, if you get a couple of good hits in early, you can win the bout. Travelling in packs is important. Using terrain is crucial.

There is a slight degree of stone paper scissors, in that melee have an advantage against rifles if you get in close enough (and the rifle user doesnt change fast enough), and pistols seem to be more effective against melee... but overall I would say all three combat focuses seem viable (not sure about mutations later on) and entertaining enough.

Personally, I find bonking a semi automatic user with a pool cue to be tremendously fun.

The game has an increasingly tough death penalty, so after a couple of deaths you start paying in stats... which makes it harder to jump straight back into the fight. You effectively need to go take a time out until the death debuff runs out.

I like that it's all open world... which beats instanced battlegrounds anyday in my opinion.